1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO: Life After Marino

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GISH, Nov 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I made this video as a tribute to the rough times we have been through as Dolphins fans. This is only the second video i've ever put together (the first was yesterday). The video is mostly centered around our struggles to find a quarterback in the years following Marino's retirement. Many unexpected events, and many disappointing losses have led us to where we are today. This is my way of showing how I feel about the Miami Dolphins. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2WUFWZe1YU"]YouTube - Miami Dolphins: Life after Marino[/ame]

2. StLouisFinFan

StLouisFinFan New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Thanks for the sad reminder Gish...I needed that...NOT.

Quite a sobering look into the past isn't it? Seems like yesterday. But hey, we're on the right track for the first time in a very, very long time.

GISH likes this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    sad, sobering, or whatever. its what our team is. i cherish every loss, because i know the next win will feel that much sweeter. this video is just a reminder of all that we've been through. we are no longer the team that always folded in december. we are no longer the team that shoots itself in the foot, and finds ways to lose games. :knucks:

EDIT: and I think the post-marino era is over now.

4. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    I like that you used APC version of imagine. One of my favorite bands

GISH likes this.
  5. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I need some tissue:lol:

Thanks

6. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    At least we got Pennington and Henne now.

7. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Nice job Gish.:up:

8. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Wow some parts of that made me want to drink gasoline and hold a flame to my *** when I fart.

The slit-my-wrist version of imagine was perfect for that era.

Thanks for making the video - it's nice to remember where we were so very recently so we appreciate what we have right now even more.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Jesus that was rough to watch, at least the parts up to the hiring of Parcells. I remember it like it was yesterday when Feeley, Lemon, Harrington and Daunte were here. That was not a pretty sight. I remember when Ricky retired. I saw it around eight o'clock if I remember correctly and just sat down with my mouth open. I didn't know what to say or do. Then I just yelled "Nooo!" and my mom comes in and wonders what the hell happened. I told her Ricky retired and of course she doesn't know who that is so she's like forget him. He was and still is my favorite player. Shed a tear that day lol. I'm shocked that you didn't include the release of Zach Thomas and the trade of Jason Taylor. Nonetheless, that was a great video and reminded me how great it is to be a Dolphins fan despite the garbage we watched for years. Your great talents were once again on display dude. Thanks!

GISH likes this.
  10. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    :couch: I think it's over... Is it safe to come out again? What a long strange trip it's been.

I must say, having lived through all that, I am enjoying each win more and more this year. The wins are that much sweeter having gone through so many bitter defeats.

11. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Video = great, song = terrible(IMHO).

12. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    I dig the remake by APC. Emotive was a good album.

Paul 13 likes this.
  13. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    bump, updated video. check it out, complete with happy ending and a new (youtube friendly) song.

14. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    you're missing ray lucas.

15. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Cool video, the good, the bad and the ugly.

:knucks:

16. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I don't know if I like it, it's still sad, didn't see the first version though, can't even begin to imagine what that was like... however, on a lighter note, Felly Smarts avatar... now there's something I can get behind. :shifty:

GISH likes this.
  17. IceStorm

IceStorm New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Flash cards?

18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    news headlines.