1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View from the stands

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I spent the entire evening watching Chad Henne and came away from the game with all the confidence in the world.. Not because he threw for 400+ yards or led this offense, but because I witnessed leadership in the huddle. I saw Chad come up to the line and audible when Bmarsh was lined up 1 on 1, I saw Henne fire up the OL, I saw Henne take control of the huddle and his offense and lead by example. I don't know if you could see it from the confines of your homes, but from my angle in the lower bowl I saw a QB grow up and become a leader on the field.

The NE offense is a thing of beauty. I said it last year, and I'll say it again - Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL and one of the all time greats, if not the greatest. His passing accuracy is impeccable and every WR on that team is fined tuned by Brady. He hits them in stride, throws amazing bullet passes and has poise in the pocket that is unbelievable. The man was godlike tonight. This is a QB that has led a 16 win team, a 14 win team and has the hardware with 3 rings.

The fade to Hartline was puzzling. How do you invest draft picks in the OL and a ton of $$$ and have no faith in the running game? Pound the freaking ball Mr Offensive line or enjoy your unemployment check..

Our running game BETTER, and I mean BETTER hope and pray that Thomas is a reliable RB. This is about as pathetic as the Kareen Abdul Jabar days and reminds me of the Shula-era running games during Marino.. We have a third string running back as our primary rusher. This season will collapse quickly if we can't establish a viable running threat and it may end the Chad Henne era here regardless of how much he improves.

Last point - I love you Vontae Davis, but all you have EVER done is lead this D to two 7-9 seasons. STFU about being the best corner tandem in the NFL. Do it on the field and then talk.. I hope this *** whipping humbles you and you learn a good lesson from it. Having a 500 yard passing game on YOUR HOMEFIELD after you put your foot in your mouth is EXACTLY what you deserve.

I came out of this game with an eerie feeling. This felt like a Marino, late 80's era game... I'm not coming close to saying that Henne can carry this team yet, but if our D doesn't step it up and we don't develop a semblance of a running game, those 4-12 predictions may not be far off.

2. 5thAmendment

5thAmendment Banned

Aug 29, 2011
    Brady is good, but he aint that damn good. We failed to pressure him, stop the run, or disrupt the Pats offense in any way. In short, we were a deer in the headlights like most teams who play NE. Nothing like the D I expected to show up tonight.

3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Third string running back though? Reggie Bush?

4. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I miss Ricky Williams, he had 64 yards rushing for the Ravens against the Steelers.

Anyway, how did other fans feel about the offense? I assume they were happy with Henne. Doesn't it just suck that we just can't have a series of complete games? I miss that...that's the good thing about 2008. No huge numbers, but they were consistent. But it was a tease.