1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vikings willing to be patient with Favre

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Eop05, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4948614

I just ask WHY?

He said he's unlikely to return. So naturally, he'll make his decision in mid-August because he's a selfish POS. If his decision is consistent with what he led everyone to believe AGAIN, then Minnesota goes into 2010 with Jackson or Rosenfels with no option to explore free agency, trades, or the draft.

How many times can 1 guy screw over an NFL franchise? Minnesota, welcome to Green Bay circa 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. Only difference there in GB was that they had a QB waiting in Rogers.

What he's about to do to Minnesota(by waiting till mid-August to make a decision) is worse than anything he did to GB. He's one of the most selfish athletes I've ever known.

Tone_E likes this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    He must be coming back.

Favre still can play at a high level and is better than any other QB they have. Now this wont stop them from drafting a QB IMO.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I think you're overreacting Eop.

4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Actually, I think Eop is dead on. :up:

Eop05 and Tone_E like this.
  5. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I've never understood the Farve rage. Teams cut players unexpectedly all the time. If he waits till September to decide to play and they'll still pay him, more power to him.

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    He won't be back. I think it's too risky at 41 and he'll realize that.

7. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Which is why it will cripple the Vikings when/if he announces his retirement in August.

8. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    It's not really hard to understand.

He screwed the Packers with his retiring and unretiring gig.
    He screwed the Jets. Never wanted to be there, then retired knowing full well he'd come back if the Vikings were gonna offer. He pretty much forced the Jets to release him by retiring.
    And now there's a good chance he'll screw the Vikings.

It's pretty clear what kind of man he is.

Marino would've never played for the Jets.
    Manning would never play for the Pats
    This man was a hero in GB. He could do no wrong, and he did everything possible, even faking a retirement with the Jets, just to get to GB's oldest and most hated Rival, the Minnesota Vikings.

9. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I want him back. The guy is still a Top 5 QB in this league and enjoyable to watch play. /edit EW, I'm like a week late responding.

Anonymous likes this.
  10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    And heeeeeeeeeere we go!

11. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    [​IMG]

Eop05 likes this.
  12. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    As apposed to the Dolphins just cutting Dan Marino when they were done with him? I think he still wanted to play. Some how athletes have to be more loyal to organizations than the organizations are to the athletes? He isn't screwing anybody. Everyone knows his MO. If the Vikes don't have a plan in place then they did it to themselves. Also, should we cut Pennington since he is an ex-Jet? If not, how is that different?

13. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    First of all, it was sick how Wanny and company treated Marino. It's one of the main reasons many Dolphins fans, including myself, loathe him. He never had a chance here from the second he took over the head coaching gig. Telling Dan Marino that he'd have to compete with Jay F'ing Fieder for the starting QB job. Are you kidding me?!!!

So I don't fall into the category of people you're describing

So because we know he's a jerk and it's his MO, we should just accept it? It's just Brett being Brett? That's about as ridiculous as accepting Manny Ramirez missing practices and meetings because it's just Manny being Manny.

How can the Vikes seriously go out and attempt to obtain a QB when it has no idea what Favre is going to do. They could never land a Jason Campbell if necessary because he'll be snatched up before Favre makes his decision and they certainly can't get him when he's available because a) Campbell would wanna start and b) he's gonna want starter money.

And the Pennington situation is not really the same at all. Pennington was flat out cut by the Jets. He didn't fake a retirement to get the Jets to release him so he could go to play for the Dolphins.

14. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I will not dispute this. He's a great player, I agree.

I just think he's a selfish *******