1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vince Young injured; good for us next week?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Watching the Titans game, and Vince Young went out with what looks like a tweaked hammy after a 44 yard run in the 2nd Quarter.

No doubt, the Titans are playing pretty good football right now, and we have to go to Tennessee next week. Their defense looks good, and Chris Johnson....well, I really do not want to think about it.

Not that I wish an injury on anyone, but if this keeps Young out of the game for next week, it could mean big things because Kerry Collins is just not helping the Titans move the ball right now. It will be damn near impossible to stop Chris Johnson, but Kerry Collins does not look very accurate.

It was also mentioned during the game that Jeff Fisher said that if Young did not have his legs, he would not start him because it does not give the defense that dimension of his game to worry about.

Young's injury is big.

*** Mods, Please merge with "Good, Bad, Next Week" post. Did not see about VY's injury until after I posted. ***

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I'd much rather have the ancient and immobile Kerry Collins under center than the always dangerous Young. Collins looked completely lost through the first 6 games of the season; I don't expect he'd be much better after sitting for these last few months.

Even if Young does play, the hamstring could limit his mobility which would benefit our pass rush.

3. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    VY won't beat us, but Chris Johnson can.

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Just like MJD beat us?

skippysphins and steveincolorado like this.
  5. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I know, I know:hi5:

6. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    All Vince Young does is win games. He's always been a winner.

All Kerry Collins does is mediocre.

7. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Jay Feilder won games too, but that doesn't make him a good QB.

8. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Sorry to disagree guys but I want us to beat these last four teams at their best because you can bet your last plug nickel if/when we make the playoffs we will get their A game!:wink2:

steveincolorado likes this.
  9. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    As much as I agree with that, I don't know how many more close stressful games I can take this season, lol

10. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    The Titans have a better Oline plus Johnson is a speed guy not a bruiser.

11. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Well, GA.....I must say the bravado is nice, but when I go to war or battle I dont complain when my enemy is undertrained, lacking supplies or running out of bullets. I dont complain about the effort they give or the talent they didnt put forth.

I want the Win, will gladly take the win, and if that is achieved based on circumstances out of our control so be it...wont lesson the Win one bit, and nothing will cause us to fail in the playoffs but out own execution, and not some game that we faced in regular season that may have less talent then they otherwise could have.

We took AFCE last year without Brady QB in NE....didnt matter one bit to me; still a significant achievement and not lessoned one bit; cause this year Brady is back, and we have a similar chance to win the AFCE proving to me; winning is what matters and not WHO you win against or how you win it.

Over the course of a season, we play opponents at their best or not at their best; just like Dolphins having a full roster, or an IR list as long as my arm (CP, WA, RB, JF, etc, etc). You play the game at the time its scheduled and how the opponents health is doesnt matter and doesnt lesson the win. Execute regardless of who is suited up and get out of there with a W.

Lets just get into the dance and the rest takes care of itself.:hi5:

gafinfan likes this.
  12. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yet Big Ben wins games and that is what makes him "great"

Despite the fact that he's had one great season, and aside from that one year has a HORRIBLE touchdown to turnover ratio. Why does it always seem to work in one case but not the other.

steveincolorado likes this.
  13. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    His right knee had him questionable for the Rams game now his hamstring. Sounds as if his running might be held to a minimum if he does play us.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    They're still the home team. Worried about their sick vicious running back, and receiving corps

15. Forces904

Forces904 New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    CJ will be your problem. As stated above, Tennessee's line is way better than Jacksonville's. Jacksonville has 2 rookies and a quickly declining center. Tennessee has a massive veteran O-Line that sets up the blocks as good as anybody in the NFL.

16. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Which should equate to the same as him not playing....he becomes a pocket passes - with extreme mobility issues.....so focus on stopping their rushing attack and contain CJ to avoid the slip out and 3rd down conversions, and force VY to beat you with his arm reading a defense from inside a pocket, and doing that by having our offense use the clock and give TEN less chances to possess the ball.

This could be huge.....but we must execute.

Dolphins1Beatles likes this.
  17. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

:lol::lol: How the hell can I possibly disagree with that, kick'em while their down and just win! Got it!!:wink2::knucks:

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  18. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Forget about "beating them at full strength" -- we're missing a Pro Bowl RB & Pro Bowl caliber CB.

Give me Collins.

19. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Pennington's Rocket Arm New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Who in the world has called Roethlisberger great?

20. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    bottom line with Tennessee is its probably going to be a shootout as weird as that sounds. The bottom line is Tennessee is good against the run but horrible against the pass. They need a secondary and a pass rush. We will have to attack them through the air for another week.

Offensively, not only can they run, and man can they run, but their passing game has been very effective recently both Collins and Young. Britt, the TEs and Johnson have been racking up yards. Its going to be another week of trying to cover tight ends and a 4.2 speed running back. Expect a high scoring affair IMO

Ophinerated likes this.
  21. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Vince Young being out means nothing if we don't stop Chris Johnson. If we can hold him under 100 and only 1 td...then we should win. If he rolls up 150 yards and 2 or 3 td's...we lose. He is the straw that stirs that drink.

22. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Yeah, well, if we had Ronnie, Jason Ferguson, and every other nicked up guy playing at top speed, I'd agree and think we COULD beat every team "at their best", but reality is different and we, like every other team, need every advantage that falls into our laps.

gafinfan likes this.