1. Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Rotoworld says that the Titans feared for emotional well being and got the police involved.Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

So he gets booed by his home crowd for 1 week and is that emotionally distraught that the Titans get the police involved to check on him? The story doesn't give any details and it seems hard to believe. IF it is true though, Can VY just not handle the pressure? I don't remember him being a "mental midget" in college

Police: Titans feared for Young's safety | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

2. Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Sad if it is true he may just have to retire if he can't handle the pressure.

3. Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I think A LOT of people really thought he'd be a bust in the NFL.
    I did, but this type of situation is out there. LOL

Kinda reminds me of the whole Ricky Williams situation and his phobias.
    Man is there just something strange in the water down there in Austin Texas?

4. BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Vince Young isn't a QB he should just retire and go play in the arena league.

5. alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He almost retired a year ago because of all the pressure on his shoulders. He had a tough childhood and was nearly killed by a car at a young age. He didn't have his father for some time, he's had a rough time. I hope he's alright and can get over this depression or whatever the case may be because this could lead to something worse for him and I don't want to see that happen. It wouldn't surprise me if he retired and I hate to say this but it may be the best thing for him if this continues.

6. charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    man, i am not a big fan of the guy as an athlete or his skill set. but his win over Southern Cal for the national title is among the best moments in sports as far as i am concerned.

and bottom line; he is a human being, and i think the Titans handled things pro-actively, and in the right way. whether he ever plays a down of football or not, is of little consequence. i just hope he is okay.

but if he is not happy and is in a bad place mentally and emotionally, and they thought he might do harm to himself, as i think the story intimates, then they did the right thing involving the police.

you never know what a person's breaking point is. or what will push them over the brink.

i lost a life long friend to suicide, who led a life more tragic than anyone's i have ever known personally, this past Christmas season.

and none of it was his own fault. his mother was raped and murdered in their home (and he found her body) when we were 14, and his wife died suddenly a couple years ago.

he was without a doubt the strongest person i knew, to my way of thinking, but another event in his life took him past the point of no return, and he was gone before i knew it.

i know it is hard to understand the "pressure" that pampered athletes feel at times, because of their salaries and the fame they achieve, and the perks they get. i feel that way too sometimes.

i hope the dude is okay, and does what is best for him.

Bpk, alen1 and BuckeyeKing like this.
  7. alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Several sites are reporting now that Vince Young was fine and was at home watching the MNF games. The Titans staff overreacted according to the sites and Fisher himself.

charlestonphan likes this.
  8. BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Sorry to hear that bro, depression is a scary thing.

9. alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Wow. May your friend RIP. Really sad to hear. Thanks for sharing man.

10. charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    thank you very much. and i am absolutely glad to share it with everyone here, because it is all i can do at this point, in hopes that someone else can make a difference for someone they know, where i couldn't, or didn't.

at some point soon i am going to start a thread in the religion forum about something that happened a month after his death that removed alot of the burden i felt for not being there for him when i really needed him.

i am at peace with it, as much as i miss him, and i know now that he is too.

alen1 likes this.
  11. sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    That is what local media is reporting as well but the problem is that he was so bad off that his family was concerned for him (which obviously they felt it was no joke). Also they found an unloaded gun in his vehicle as well. Honestly neither one is a good sign even if he was just watching MNF at a friend's house the guy needs to seek help before its too late.

I hoping for the best for Vince.

12. Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Or maybe he wants to try and make it.

There are a lot worse things he could be out doing than playing poorly at QB. Especially after the life he has had. Glad he's okay.

13. GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    The Titans would be better off with Troy Smith at QB. That is a FACT!

14. sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Maybe I missed something but why do you have a Brett Favre Jets sig. :huh:

15. GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    because we lost.... stupid bet.

EDIT: I HATE IT!!!!!

sking29 likes this.
  16. alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't know about that.

17. GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Smiths only downfall is his height. I'll take that as a weakness, over a QB you can't throw, and cowers away from his team when the heat is turned up.

Troy Smith LACKS NOTHING in the leadership department. He can run, he can throw, and more importantly, he can decipher when each is more appropriate.

18. King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    depression is a *****..ask me

19. GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Is depression a *****?

20. sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    :yes: and so is GAD (general anxiety disorder).