1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vince Young Update...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Delfin Alejandro, Dec 16, 2009.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Sounds good. Few less bullets in the clip.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. Delfin Alejandro

Delfin Alejandro Premier League Champs

Dec 12, 2008
    Its actually funny in the clip once Kerry Collins goes in they actually start tackling him and containing a bit more. Lets see what happens.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    If Young doesn't start, we should expect Chris Johnson to get more carries than normal.

4. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Whoever is back there, whether it's Vince or Kerry, the pass rush has to get better.

Agua and skippysphins like this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Especially with how we match-up with them, I think our chances of winning go up Mucho without Young in.
    -
    -
    Also, for the record, our favorite Patsie Homer, Peter Pricko announced there is no way Miami wins in Tennesee

6. M1NDCRlME

M1NDCRlME Fear The Spear

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando
    If no Vince, we should be able to load the box to try and contain Johnson.

SICK likes this.
  7. Delfin Alejandro

Dec 12, 2008
    He also said we would not beat Jacksonville....d**che bag

8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I think what I would most like is for a hobbled Vince Young to start, so he can;t run properly, but tries to be a pocket passer and struggles.

JMORGAN6977 and jetssuck like this.
  9. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    What I would most like is this PLUS Chris Johnson pulls a hammy while losing a footrace to Ginn Saturday night :yes:

Bpk, GISH, phineas64 and 5 others like this.
  10. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    I know that we would all like to see more sacks but lets be real. We are currently #3 in the league in sacks and only 3 sacks behind #1 Vikings in that category. I say that's pretty darned good.

11. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    IMO... Vince is going to play. Even though he didnt practice today, theyre saying he's day to day. At least thats what im hearing on Siruis NFL. I think he's going to play. We're going to have to deal with him, his arm, and his legs on Sunday. Not to mention Chris Johnson... Not good...

dolfan7171 likes this.
  12. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I can't stand Pete Prisco. One of the worst sports writers of all time. I'm sure he said "there is no way" that Miami would win the division at the start of last season too.

13. Delfin Alejandro

Dec 12, 2008
    He seems to be up on a high horse with Jacksonville....

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    when did Prickso say we would lose to the Titans?

15. Delfin Alejandro

Dec 12, 2008
  16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Yesterday i watched our boy Henne battle vince young in the 2005 rose bowl..

What a freakin game man, Henne looked like a big time NFL QB, there were so many good NFL football players on both teams, Young was outstanding as well..Henne did everything he had to do to win the game at the end {and believe me, he looked goood doin it} But Vince had the ball last and could'nt be stopped..

Don't be suprised to see Chad Henne on point for this game..The cat is absolutely deadly out of the shot gun and on the run

Delfin Alejandro likes this.
  17. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    AZ, I think we have been favored in maybe 2 games this season, and we lost one of them, we are the permaunderdog of 09 season.

Vince You ng, no Vince Young, whatever, what interests me is the Titans game matches their strength, running the ball, with our strength, stopping the run.

18. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    he is playing.
    Bank on it.
    They will shoot him up, and he will be good to go.
    Now...how ready will he be, thats a different question.

JMORGAN6977 and Delfin Alejandro like this.
  19. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Vince is going to play. The only way I can see him not is if he comes out on Sunday and the hamstring is especially tight. Practice or no practice--he'll play on Sunday.

As far as Pete Prisco goes--he isn't even a "sports journalist". They guy does nothing. You listen to his show in Jacksonville--he doesn't have anyone on his show (probably because he doesn't have any sources or ties or friends). It's just him jawing baseless opinions that he's read elsewhere.

I do respect that he takes a stance and argues his point. The problem is when he's wrong, he makes no mention to the dozens of fans that call into his show and he basically demeans during the entire call. He fails to actually report any news whatsoever. It's horrible.

20. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    if there is any way he can play - he will .... they are still banking on 9-7 sneaking into the playoffs ... so their backs are against the wall --- just like JAXs will be next week against NE. that's why all of our remaining games are dangerous ... all could be 7 loss teams just trying to stay in the mix -- and trying to bring us to 7 losses ..............

21. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I can't help but keep thinking back to the Indy, NO and Buffalo losses and wonder what might have been. We could have the division basically locked up already. It's painful.

22. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I'm not as worried about VY but more safer feeling if Collins started. But that's not the matchup i'm most intrigued by.

The past 2 weeks teams have come out thinking we were a run team. They loaded the box early and often. Sparano and his coordinators knew that and came out throwing. And found success. It was great development for henne and his wideouts. It also gave us an edge on playcalling.

This week however, you would think we might try that again. The Titans are decent at both the run stopping and pass stopping. But have weaknesses in certain areas.

To me this game is a chess match. Two very even teams in many regards. To me the battle that might win this game is between Fisher and Sparano. How both teams use their playcalling early on and then adjust to keep the other side off balance should determine the winner.

Both teams have guys who can make plays, and also guys who can make mistakes at any given time. The team who's play calling gets the edge and keeps the other side guessing will get the advantage to get a 1 or 2 score lead.

Vince Young or not, sure he can make plays, but he can also make mistakes. I'm fine with a qb running for a few yards on broken plays. I'm also fine with Vince trying to force something he shouldn't through the air.

This game to me truely is a coaches duel. It should be interesting to see if Fisher thinks were a throwing team, a balanced team or a running team out of the gate. Most of our season's tape would have him thinking run. But the past 2 weeks would have him thinking throw.

Bpk and djphinfan like this.
  23. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    With all due respect brother, Pricko is a self-proclaimed biased Patsies fan that doubles as a "Shock" writer. -
    He rarely adds any substance to what he displays in his articles and is never ever held accountable for always being wrong.
    -
    That out of the way, a back such as Johnson honestly scares me more than AP would in our match-up.
    The smaller, faster backs have typically carved up our defense pretty damn bad this year.
    Soliai actually should help some with his added size and athleticism, but neither Crowder or A-Dell fill lanes or have any speed what-so-ever.
    I think it could be a very big day for their running game.

24. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I envision Young or Collins throwing us some gift INT's. I see it coming.

25. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Coach Sparano has stated that we are preparing to play Vince Young and no one else ,so any advantage the Titans thought they had by confusing us has not worked.

26. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Didn't he predict we would win only 4 games this year?

27. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You saying they're playing possum with Young?

Bpk likes this.
  28. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    don't underestimate Collins
    I think he's the better of the two
    rather see Young play

29. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Last year, yes

This year its not even close, Young has been way better

Comp % TD INT YArds Attp Ratings
    Collins: 55.1 6 8 1,225 216 65.5
    Young: 61.7 7 3 1,383 183 90.9

I won't even go into the win/lose record this year.

30. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we shall see
    got to play the game
    shutting down the ground game
    will be their key to victory

our pass rush should keep either QB busy
    the defensive line will have to win the war in the trenches

31. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
  32. Delfin Alejandro

Dec 12, 2008
    Someone mentioned it prior in the thread but it seems that they might have been trying to confuse our game prep...

33. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't really care if VY or KC plays as long as both of them end up on their backs a heck of a lot.:shifty:

34. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Which ever one gives the best chance for Tennessee to win I'm down.

I want to see our team beat them at their best. We're basically playing playoff football from here on out so lets see what we're made of....

Bpk likes this.
  35. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Revenge game for Henne.

36. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

I would have said the other way round actually. With Young in at QB we can load the box and dare him to beat us with his arm. Just don't let his legs and CJ's legs kill us.
    Collins on the other hand, he throws a beautiful deep ball, I'd be more inclined to play him normally.

37. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    still believe if VY can take the field - he will play .... with the JAX loss, teams are still playing as though 7 wins could get you in .... this is an all or nothing game for TEN .......

same as JAX/NE next week ...... JAX will come breathing fire to stay in the race.

38. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    this may prove to be one of the most competitive games of the season
    Miami by 3:up:

39. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Greg nailed it. -
    Collins playing would be a HUGE advantage to us :yes: