1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virginia man sheds 80 pounds, eating only at McDonalds

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by brandon27, Jun 22, 2008.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Oh great... sounds like we have another Jared from Subway on our hands... If this guy starts showing up in commercials everywhere I'm going to go nuts...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080620/ap_on_re_us/mcfit_diet;_ylt=AuOx912rZfzC6Dc75VIRRiys0NUE

2. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    god I hate Jared so much. The world doesn't need another one

and seriously, if you're gonna eat mostly salads, how freaking lazy or stupid to you have to be to get a McDonald's one for every meal? The guy's probably spending 15-20 a day. Just buy the veggies at the grocery store for a few bucks and save yourself the cash. You don't even need to own a fridge if you're gonna eat them for every meal.

3. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Virginia man is on his way to a massive heart attack or stroke from eating only at McDonalds.

4. calphin

On a more serious note,why if you wanted a salad would you go to McDonalds?when there are places that make much better salads.sounds as if he wants to be jared.

PMZQ likes this.
  5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Those salads (from McDonald's) aren't much better for you...

This guy probably worked his *** off through training and other stuff is how he lost this weight. Now people are gonna get the message "Eat salads at McDonald's and lose weight!"

6. calphin

So true.if you read the fat grams on the dressing packet,its around 25-30 grams depending on which one you order,and thats not much better than a burger.

7. calphin

McDonalds Unveils The McForty

Fast food customers across America rejoiced recently as McDonalds released the newest item in their diverse menu selection. The new drink, "The McForty", has been added to the previous beverage menu, consisting primarily of non-alcoholic drinks. "The addition was clear," explained Frank Robertson from McDonalds public relations, "We've always offered malted shakes, why not malt liquor?"

http://www.thefakenews.com/mcforty040.html

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    McDonald's is McStupid. Their food blows imo.

PMZQ likes this.
  9. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Cant stand to eat there.... And am I the only one who wonders if they paid the guy to do this and gave him a personal trainer to make this happen?

PMZQ and alen1 like this.
  10. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    No kidding, but I suspect that people will only see the headline "Guy loses 80 pounds eating exclusively at McDonalds" and that will justify eating those Big Macs and greasy burgers because most people don't read these articles all the way through, if at all.

You're probably right though, he had to be working out in order to drop all that weight. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to become the new Jared.

11. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I always find it amusing that McDonalds is so popular and unpopular at the same time. It makes gobs of money and so many people get sick to their stomach at the very sound/sight of MickeyDeez. I rarely ever go there, but I will say in their defense that their chicken wraps are pretty decent.

I would occasionally get some of their salads, but never as a main meal....Even their premium salads with chicken don't ever have enough to satisfy me.

12. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    seriously. i've always thought that jared, and now this guy, were either paid or just made up.

13. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    To me McDonald's always has been and always will be at the very bottom of the fast food chain. I dont quite get sick to my stomach but it does just about kill my appetite.
    Jared has gotten a little old but it doesn't bug me too much for the simple reason that most of their stuff is fairly healthy. I mean even the stuff that isn't billed as low fat still has loads of vegetables and stuff so compared to other fast food its pretty healthy. Someone claiming that anything good can come of eating MacDonald's for a month just strikes me as wrong. Though like the story says he did it by eating salads and apples. Which makes you wonder why he didn't just buy a bag of apples and go somewhere else that had better salads.

14. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    But then he wouldn't get sponsorship from McDonald's like what he'll get probably real soon. Then Wendy's and Burger King and whoever else will get jealous of McDonald's being in the health spotlight so then he'll probably get more famous by being the one who created it all.

15. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I remember hearing of a study where one guy ate a month of fast food and did not exercise and another guy ate a month of fast good and did a heavy weight lifting routine. The first guy gained weight but the second guy gained muscle mass... I believe this is the case.

16. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    They talked about this on the Howard Stern show. The funny party about all this - apparently the guy tried to reach out to McDonalds for a Jared like deal and McDonalds said, "Thanks but no thanks." Meaning he wasted all that time and money eating ****** McDonald's food for nothing. But at least the barrel *** lost some weight.

17. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

hey the McD Southwest salad isnt too bad. When the little one insits on McD thats what I get

[​IMG]

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 salad 12.3oz
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount per Serving

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calories 320 Calories from Fat 90

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 9g 14%
    Saturated Fat 3g 15%
    Cholesterol 70mg 23%
    Sodium 970mg 40%
    Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
    Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
    Sugars 11g
    Protein 30g 60%

Vitamin A 130%
    Vitamin C 50%
    Calcium 15%
    Iron 15%

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  18. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    What? Are you kidding me.

19. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Looks pretty nasty to me but I'll take your word for it

20. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    You'd hope the fat **** would just appreciate not being a whale but of course he's concerned about getting paid too.

Not so unbelievable but it still makes you wonder what his intentions were

21. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    That salad looks like somebody ate a bag of doritos with a head of lettuce and then threw up in a bowl.

22. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I very much believe this to be the case :up:

23. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    McDonalds and salad just doesn't equal up to me anyway