1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtuality

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ILPhinFan88, Apr 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Fox has given the green light to Virtuality, a two-hour backdoor SF pilot from the mastermind behind SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica, Ronald D. Moore, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The project, from Universal Media Studios and producers Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun, is set aboard the starship Phaeton, on a 10-year journey to explore a distant solar system. To help the 12 crew members endure the long trip and keep their minds occupied, NASA equipped the ship with advanced virtual-reality modules, allowing them to assume adventurous identities and go to any place they want. The plan works until a mysterious bug is found in the system, the trade paper reported.

Virtuality is a brainchild of Braun, who shaped the idea with Berman, his producing partner at BermanBraun.

The two approached several writers, including Moore, who sparked to the premise and quickly developed it into what became the concept for Virtuality. He brought with him Battlestar writer-producer Michael Taylor. The two penned the script and are executive-producing the project with Berman and Braun.

Under BermanBraun's first-look deal with NBC Universal, Virtuality was pitched to UMS and NBC. UMS, which also produces Battlestar, quickly came on board. After NBC passed on the project, considered to be too science fiction for the network, it was taken to Fox.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=52132&type=0

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Remember that bit in Family Guy where Peter lists all the shows in the last 10 years that have cancelled by Fox? Have a feeling this one will be joining those soon.

Network TV + SciFi = Bomb

SICK likes this.
  3. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    It sounds like an interesting concept. If they get a strong cast behind the idea and can get the viewers to engage themselves in the characters, it should be a hit. There aren't many strong space SciFi shows on right now. This may fill that niche.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I have watched the 6 starwars movies.......

thats enough sci fi space mumbo jumbo for me in my lifetime......

just cant get into that stuff

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL

I dont mind SciFi, I just hate it on Network TV. They water it down to make it "main stream" and end up alienating everyone. If HBO or Showtime sign on to do something like this (Farscape) Ill tune in, but not until then.

6. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

One of my favs, Big Time :up:

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC

u put it that way, and i agree if i know the show will go all out....and have good backing from someone like HBO i would watch the first few, see if i can get into it