1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vonnie Holiday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cnc66, Dec 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Gave one of the best interviews I have ever heard. I had goose bumps before it was over. I don't want to spoil this, so I'll just touch some stuff. Went into last year, coaches, players. The diffence between 1-15 and 11-5, nick leaving.. then the Parcells group, the change. The young guys, what Chad means.. 10 minutes of good stuff.

Aquavision

Vernon, Sparano, and Andre are there too.

greyeagl53, baboo72, Bpk and 20 others like this.
  2. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Yep just finished watching them, well actually listening to them. Excellent interviews.:up:

cnc66 likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Don't forget the post game celebration a few videos down :up: !

Blade and GISH like this.
  4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    After all these years of being a Dolphin fan, how many have met this level of satisfaction marty, in your opinion?

5. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    man that video gives me goosebumps and a ear-to -ear smile!

6. anlgp

Me too. Porter screams like a girl. :lol:

...but he hits like a man and that's all that matters on sundays.

7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I can't watch/hear these videos for some reason. Can someone post cliff notes? Spoiler tags if need be?

8. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    If you are using Firefox the sound will not work. You have to use internet explorer unfortunately. Does the same thing to me.

Clark Kent likes this.
  9. anlgp

Firefox works fine for me.

10. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Google Chrome FTW

11. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I was actually reflecting upon that earlier today because brother, I am blissing. I was listening with my family to the radio when Joe Auer took the first one back. I got to see the 17-0 SB only because a shipmate had an appendicitis attack and my sub came back in. The thrill of Danny Marino was big too, but that one never fulfilled the ring dream.

I think the closest association to today I can think of was when Shula showed up. The sudden hope we would be pulled from the morass of losing, and then that coming to fruition is close to what I feel watching this team. Same as now, I can't remember exactly "when" I started to believe, but the same feeling exists. Our Coach is a driven man, we are in for a fun ride full of pride.

12. These are just incredible... Vonnie's was brilliant; the post-game was excellent! Thanks for noting these for us.

cnc66 likes this.
  13. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Guys that caused distractions last year that was big???

Jason Taylor????

Bpk likes this.
  14. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Vonnie's interview was great and the post game celebration was great as well. I have yet to watch Vernon and Andre's interviews, but I'm looking forward to them.

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Good stuff...I loved how Wayne H just handed that shirt off to the other guy in the suit.."hold this"...:lol::lol:

16. Blade

Blade New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    I can watch that clip all day!!!

17. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    That was great all the interviews were. I love this team.

18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    In my short years as a Dolphins fan. The division championships meant little to me as a teenager in the 90s. Getting into the playoffs became expected, and fell backseat to the humiliation of getting destroyed year after year in the first two rounds. The 2002 season was one of the first where I truly appreciated each game to the fullest; and is the most memorable to me personally. Seeing the Dolphins fail over the past 6 years has deepened my appreciation for winning. It has also opened my eyes to all that is necessary in the offseason to create a winning team. Seeing the Dolphins do all the wrong things has made it easier to identify other teams that are making the same mistakes. And seeing the Dolphins do all the right things has made me appreciate not only the wins, but revitalizes faith that I will get to see my favorite team win a championship. What has happened this season almost seems like proof of karma. Its hard to put into words the number of storylines that have played out the way I wanted them to this season. Perhaps the best is yet to come, only 6 more days till we find out.

cnc66 likes this.
  19. anlgp

It's gonna take more than a week to get to the superbowl gish. It'll take.. oh, three? four? maybe more?

:escape:

20. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Great interviews.
    It kind of reminds me of when Shula came in to coach a rag tag team of guys, molded and drove them until they became the "perfect team".
    The guys are showing Sparano the same kind of respect.

My head is still spinning. We put the jests and ne OUT in one game. Man, we are the team!!!

cnc66 likes this.
  21. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    a lot of talk about "team," they've all bought into it, it's a beautiful thing.

22. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    Listening to Vonnie made me tear up a bit. What a great interview. He spoke very eloquently.

dolphindebby and cnc66 like this.
  23. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I lol'd.:lol:

24. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Yeah, the post game celebration got me... had to watch it twice because the first time made me well up...

dolphindebby, cnc66 and Bpk like this.
  25. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

In particular, what gave his comments about 'team' real credence was that he even went out of his way to acknowledge guys on IR like Camarillo and Smiley.

Truly this group of men have formed a band of brothers, with everyone equally regarded.

dolphindebby and cnc66 like this.