1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vonnie Holliday Welcomes Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080808/SPORTS/80808005/1010/SPORTS

Outspoken DE Vonnie Holliday is all for Chad Pennington coming to Miam. Who can blame him our QB have not been impressing at all, and it scares me the entusiasm Holliday shows about the move. It mean clearly McCown or Beck have not impressed. Im sure Ferguson and Sean Ryan who both played with Pennington would welcome him, and half of Miami's veterans as well.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
    gunn34, Larryfinfan and TheAnswer385 like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The link doesn't work.

I would welcome Pennington here as well. He's a better option than McCown. He can manage a game for us and is as accurate as they get.

3. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    Should work now.

Pennington should have a good word in from guys like Ferguson and Sean Rya nwho have played with him in the past.

alen1 likes this.
  4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Ferguson said basically the same thing during his interview during Sirius NFL's stop at our TC yesterday. He said he was all for it, knowing chad, and his accuracy, and his leadership.

5. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Then those guys must really have a low opinion of the current QB stable. Rarely do defensive players comment about a player not on the team who isn't a HOF-er.

gunn34 likes this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Chad is a smart QB who can start for a while this year and teach our two younger guys. Who says a young QB has to start his first or even second year?

Sign him up for a one year deal. He cant HURT the team.

7. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Holliday has a big mouth. The guy needs to just shut up and play.

8. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    At this point I agree with this.

Seems some inmates think they are still going to run the assylum like they Cameron let them do. I'd like to see Sporano and crew tell him to put a sock in it. Was Holliday part of the crew convincing OL to throw blocks when Beck came in last year....... makes you wonder.

Players aren't GM's and someone should tell him that.

phinphever, gafinfan and like2god like this.
  9. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    You need to have a little respect for one of the guys who doesn't quit, is always in shape, and plays hard.

Their voice matters more than you think. They're not robots and even if you discipline them they won't play their best unless they feel respected.

He was one of the guys who turned it around in 2005 to help the team recover.

phinfanuk likes this.
  10. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

My thoughts, too. All he will do is divide the locker room and that surely isn't needed here now!

Remember Coaches coach and Players play!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Add Crowder to that list.

12. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    seriously.

because of holliday's damn mouth, we have yet another pennington thread in here. :angry:

no way, crowder is hilarious. :lol:

13. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    I am so sick of this. We have hit rock bottom. How can you tell might you ask? All off season every time anyone was cut, people on this board wanted us to sign every noodlearmed, stifflegged bozo out there. Why? Because they are desperate. Desperation will take you farther than you want to go, Cost you more than you want to pay, And hurt you more than you can stand. We need to just chill and watch these guys in games.

mullingan likes this.
  14. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    100% agree with you. Lets let this thing play out with some real on the field action before we start jumping and screaming about how bad (or good) we are going to be when the season starts. I am sure after a couple preseason games there will be 1000's of opinions, predictions, problems and answers to the problems on this board. The only difference is on this board they will be responded to respectfully and most with a very well knowledge of football.

I am so glad I found this place. You people ROCK!

15. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008

No one questioned the man's work ethic and preparation.

He really needs to shut his mouth and play football. This isn't an isolated incident. Did you think it was appropriate for him to make those comments after last year's drafting of Ted Ginn Jr.?

16. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    This is how Holliday welcomed Pennington last year.

[​IMG]