1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote for Don Shula as the best HC of all time!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TiP54, Jul 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Disnardo and PhinsRock like this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Voted, we're kickin Bellicheat's butt 51% - 38%, keep voting guys, stupid Pats fans are likely to make it tough. I voted from work. tonight I'll vote from my laptop, and our main home computer, that's 3, wish i could do more.

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    naaa, I think Danny deserves a new coach.. one that won't waste him.. I go Bill Walsh.

4. THCMAN

THCMAN New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Miami

I gotta agree with that. Shula's in the top 5, but you have to have Lombardi, Noll, Landry & Walsh ahead of him. Mercury Morris can go jump off a cliff.. :tongue2: :pointlol:

5. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Done

6. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I disagree, back when Lombardi was coaching there was no competition.

http://www.vincelombardi.com/about/stats.htm

As for Noll 4 S/B :maybe

Laundy: Not a chance

Walsh 4 S/B wins: maybe

these coaches had some great teams before the salary cap and never had a perfect season, so that has to account for something. Shula is the winningest coach of all time. I'll take Shula any day hands down.

Could be I'm just a homer with rose colored glasses.:wink2:

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Ouch! :lol:

I do agree that Shula deserves the blame for wasting a rare talent in Marino.

The damage that was done to this franchise from not having a good GM in place goes all the way back to the 80's.

That said,were voting for best coach and I'll give that vote to Shula.

Shula the GM I'd never vote for.

8. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    the ONLY reason Don is winningest ever is because of Dan.. and he failed to properly support Dan in return. Do you think Dan would have went to only one SB under Walsh? I don't. I love Don Shula, what he brought us, what he stands for, but he isn't, IMO, best coach ever.

9. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I agree with that! I never really thought of it that way.

ya, danny should have a ring, thats for sure!

10. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Nobody even comes close to Shula in this category. Not only was he the best, but one of the classiest. Something Belicheat sorely lacks.

dolphindebby likes this.
  11. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    i voted Shula... but Bellicheat is closing in it appears... sad that people think he's a better coach than shula... sure theyre just pats fans... but still... i would put parcells way ahead of bellichick too

12. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Shula 48%

BB 42%

13. ToMaHaWk

ToMaHaWk New Member

May 18, 2008
    Countdown County
    I'm surprised that Walsh, Landry, and Lombardi aren't gettin' nearly the love that Shula and Beli-cheat are getting...

14. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah Im surprised Bellicheat is up there so high. I mean hes got a good overall record, but his wins have been squeekers, he lucked into Brady, hes got lots of ethics questions (taping, using injury list players in practice, fudging injury reports etc). Surprised its only him and shula getting the love, nobody else is really even remotely close.

15. ILPhinFan88

Shula 42%

BB 47%

16. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Whatever our sentiments are concerning the Shula, Marino history the bottom line is that Shula is the best coach the Dolphins have ever had and he is the only Dolphin coach on that list. Don Shula was always a classy guy and he brought respectability to the Dolphins Franchise and never embarrased the the team like some others in recent history. His history of being the winningist head coach and of having coached the only undefeated team in history is something we can always be proud of and thats not counting the fact that he gave Miami its only Superbowl appearences and its only Superbowl trophies.
    By voting for anyone other than Shula is putting Bellicheat in a position to win and thats a shame. Do we honestly think everyone who votes for Bellicheat really thinks he is the best or just because he is the only coach representing the Patriots? That may be an awkward way of looking at it but its JMO. To me a vote by any of us in these polls is a vote for the Dolphins and not just the person representing them that we are voting for. I find it hard to vote for anyone against a Dolphin and if that is the only option, I would rather not vote at all, but thats just me

felly smarts and dolphindebby like this.
  17. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    It's shula 36% and BigBelly at 37%

18. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Don is losing to you know who from the Patsies.:tantrum:

19. ILPhinFan88

Shula 30%

BB 32%

20. ILPhinFan88

Too late, I went to vote but voting is over. Hopefully BB isnt coaching Dan & Zonk :pity:

21. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I cannot believe that a known cheater can be voted the best over a "real man & coach" like Shula. Just stupidity IMO. :angry:

22. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Shula is the best ever. Walsh is second in my book.