1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote For Miami Mike's SportsZone as Best Sports Bar in America

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Xiidaen, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Xiidaen

Xiidaen Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 3, 2007
    Many of us in the NJ area know Miami Mike's well as a great sports bar and hard core Dolphins Fan HQ. Miami Mike is of course a huge fan as well, and makes sure we've got the best seats and TV in the house, throws special dolphins events and parties for big games, the draft, the first pre-season game etc.

Unfortunately, as I've moved away I don't get back to Mike's very often, but I saw recently that they've made the cut to the final 8 in an ESPN poll for best sports bar in America.

You can read about the bar here:
    http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=5499348&hcId=5459332&topId=null

and cast your vote here:
    http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/poll?collectionId=5499545&sportAbbrev=wireless&hcId=5459332&topId=null

Mike's has been great to us as Dolphins fans, and remains easily the best sports bar I've ever been to. If you're in the area for a game, it's a great experience.

Please take a moment to cast your vote for Mike's!
    http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/poll?collectionId=5499545&sportAbbrev=wireless&hcId=5459332&topId=null

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    voted. miami mike always treated us like family the 2 times we did our C2C game. Hooked us up with buckets o' beers, dolphin shots, opened early for us etc etc.

Its a dolphin fans HEAVEN literally. He gets my vote 11000% hope everyone else does the same.

[​IMG]

3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Voted.

Xiidaen likes this.
  4. phins17

phins17 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Done

Xiidaen likes this.
  5. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Still havent been there yet....voted.....have to get there soon.

Xiidaen likes this.
  6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Voted. Was only there once and it was a non-Dolphins event. I was there for a wedding. Talked to Mike though and he couldn't have been nicer.

The hotel it's attached too; however, is a real ****hole.

Xiidaen likes this.
  7. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Done any place that takes care of us is my kinda joint. I may take a vacation just to see the place. To bad they made the draft such a spectacle i miss the draft weekend threads. My support goes to Miami Mikes 100%.

Xiidaen likes this.
  8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'll be there for the Nov 7th game, and maybe the game on the Oct. 31st, Nov 14th, and 18th as well. I have to work in NJ from Nov 1st - the 20th.

Xiidaen, siciliansith and BigDogsHunt like this.
  9. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Hmmmm...sad, as a Jersey Boy, still havent made it. Maybe can head up soon, its a 4hr drive now, but still want to check it off the list.

Nov. 7th working on ticket for @ BAL!

Xiidaen and siciliansith like this.
  10. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    done

Xiidaen likes this.
  11. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Voted. I really enjoyed Miami Mike's when I went up there! Mike is a great guy and extremely nice!

SICK and Xiidaen like this.
  12. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    That place is damn near heaven. Mike is an absolutely wonderful guy.

SICK and Xiidaen like this.
  13. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I have never been there but a lot of my fellow Dolphin fans who have been there always give it big props.Its getting my vote.:up:

Xiidaen likes this.
  14. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I live an hour away, anyone have some more pictures? Tempted to go there for a game, maybe one of the 4pm games.

Probably the closest thing to being in Dolphin Stadium? I know there is "DolfansNYC" in manhattan too at Third and Long bar.

Xiidaen likes this.
  15. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Never been there, and probably will never go there, but a guy running a SoFla-oriented sports bar in the den of indecipherable accents known as the northeast corridor deserves a vote anyway.

siciliansith and Xiidaen like this.
  16. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Used to go there all the time for Dolphin games when I lived in the area. Since then I've moved a bit further away, but I still try to get there every now and then. It's a great experience and Mike's a great host.

SICK, Xiidaen and siciliansith like this.
  17. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    There's a Dolphin bar in NYC and one in CT too. May be more, I'm not sure. Thanks to the 30 years of the 70s and Dan Marino[with the assist from Ace Ventura], the Dolphins will forever have a large fan base up here to annoy the Jets and Patriots fans. :up: It helps that the two NY teams play in NJ.

Xiidaen likes this.
  18. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

done. maybe THIS year will be able to go to a game there...

Xiidaen likes this.
  19. Xiidaen

Xiidaen Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 3, 2007
    Their website is here: http://www.ramadaeasthanover.com/SportsZone.nxg

You'll see a number of threads about the bar in the Tailgating forum, there's been many meet ups there around the draft, opening day, etc.

Between Mike getting the fans pumped up, high fives all around, leading the dolphins chants, playing the fight song after each score, and free shots after each win, it's a great place. Last time I was there they were up to I believe 50 tvs around the bar, plus 4 wall sized projection screens -- the main screen always has the Dolphins game.

If you're going, I suggest getting there early, that place is PACKED by kickoff.

I'm hoping to head up for week one this year -- but there are lots of fans there and you'll have a great time.

For those who live farther away, Miami Mike can get you a special rate at the attached Ramada Inn if you're looking to stay the night.

Vote early and often! ;)

Stitches and SICK like this.
  20. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    What's the best way to get in touch with him? :shifty:

Xiidaen and BigDogsHunt like this.
  21. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm probably going to head there after the game December 12th. If they lose I probably won't go, but I see Miami handling the Jets two more times this year. Feeling confident about the team this season. LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xiidaen likes this.