1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wake & Davis- MAKIN PLAYS

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MaddMatt, Dec 6, 2009.

1. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    Henne was easily the star of the game. Howzabout Cam & Vonte being PLAYMAKERS? Otherwise, it's another close but no cigar loss.

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    vontae is the best player on our defense. I firmly believe that now.

On the other side though, i have to start questioning whether or not Smith should be out there. Our defense might be better suited with Nate Jones starting over him.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    You know what, while we're at it, lets throw Crowder in there. If he doesnt actually catch that INT who knows what happens. Sure Wake's pressure caused it, but as much as we bash Channing, he came up with the INT.

That play by Davis for the INT was sensational.

anlgp likes this.
  4. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Vontae IS the best player not named Randy Starks on our defense.

And I totally agree about Sean Smith. Nate Jones is better at the moment. I've been very concerned about Smith's play since the 5th week of the season and I've made it known here. People will keep saying 'well he's a rookie.' But that's exactly why I'm concerned....Vontae Davis is a rookie and gets better every week. Sean Smith looks worse and worse every week. And this is taking that 82 yard Aiken TD aside (because I truly think that was just very bad luck). If Brady hits him in stride in the 4th quarter, it's goodnight Dolphins and that was all on Smith

mi2cents likes this.
  5. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami

6. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Davis was burnt a lot today also, lets not forget that. The INT was huge, but both Smith and him have a long way to go. But both could be All-Pros down the line.

7. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Wake deserves much more playing time the rest of the season, if he doesn't get it Sprano has no sense of justice.

Eop05 likes this.
  8. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Wake has now closed out 2 games with great Bull Rush pressures. Today and against Carolina were awesome.

In the beginning of the season many, including myself, thought he was 1-dimensional with his upfield rush, but when he mixes that bullrush in there he's dangerous.

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  9. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    For all the talk of Sean Smith's great ball skills, he's been horrible when the ball has been in the air. The Sam Aiken TD is a perfect example of that.

Outside of that beautiful INT vs. New Orleans in the preseason, he's really fared quite horrible with the ball in the air and at catching INTs.

mi2cents, Eop05 and CitizenSnips like this.
  10. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

he was in good position and nearly came down with the INT there. he nearly tripped up the WR also. that TD was complete luck. great catch, but the TD was luck.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    don't forget the play that should have lost the game when Smith fell for the pump and Aiken was wide open deep.

Im not saying smith is a lost cause, because he isn't. But right now Nate Jones should probably in there if we're serious about trying to win.

12. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Its funny that at the beginning of the season V. Davis abilities and his future was being questioned while Smith was touted as a star in the making and a very physical player. Now its reversed and Davis is being touted and Smith questioned. I like to think they are both rookies and are learning on the job and will only get better with time. Nate Jones may be the better player than Smith at the time but is he the future at CB?

13. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Its good to be a phinfan today. Beating the pats is the cream on top. How about that Wake,nice way to end a game.:up:

14. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Yes, it was a lot of luck.....BUT......Sean Smith is the 6' 3" CB with oustanding ball skills that we drafted to negate plays like that.

As Citizen said: he's really let us down with his ball skills. I'm still confident it will come together for him, but he looks like he needs some more transition time for this league. For now, put in Nate Jones and let Smith play the Nickel.

15. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Why not? He's only 27.

I hope S. Smith can eventually play better than Nate Jones, but right now Jones is clearly better. And Nate Jones has gotten a lot better from last year too. Looks like he's really coming on and only getting better.

16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No, no he wasn't.

I'm sorry that they dont show the game at home from the view we have from the stadium. Henne left so many plays on the field it wasnt even funny.

17. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    OK, Henne SUCKED. We would have won easily with White at QB. HAPPY NOW?

LMAO, AND THEN SOME.

18. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Amazing. Check my previous posts. I've always said that Sean Smith is overrated and that Vontae is the only one with potential and I was getting bashed from Dolphin's fanboys. And now look how the vibe has changed. Amazing.

19. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Cameron Wake won this game:

[​IMG]

20. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You know I was really with you right up until I watch the replay. There really should have been offensive PI called on that play. If you watch you see that Aiken pushes down on Smith's shoulders when he is jumping at the same time. Tough break, but thats not a call your going to get against the Pats with a rookie corner.

21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Davis technically has 4 INT this year, and he helped lock down Moss for most of the game

Stop Hatin' The Dude played a hell of a game.

22. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    you will be pleased to know that Coach has made the announcement that he has been a bad coach, and needs to get wake more playing time...Someone let Padre know..lol

23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Had VD being the better player thru all that hype..lets hope the kid bounces back..