Wallace steps in it before he even plays for MIA: Mocks Jason Collins for coming out.
294 repliesLocked
Eh people trying to make him out to be Chris Culliver. That's a reach considering what he said.
Silence

It's ******* Golden.
"Vinny Fins wrote:
Um... if nobody chose to be gay, that'd make it natural. And When did Tolerance become code for 'not being an *******'?
It is produced naturally, but it is not natural. There has to be an understanding that tolerance is not the same thing as acceptance. Society and human beings must strive for tolerance. You can never, however, demand or expect acceptance.
"Sumlit wrote:
Oh ok, now SMH is shaking head.... in disgust /dismay. Lets assume, assumptions work.
It cannot be shaking my head in disagreement, in confusion. It has to be in disgust.
I also said disbelief, which is what you're getting at. They are all insensitive reactions to another human beings personal life. And I don't think it's insensitive to not understand the laws of physical attraction when it comes to same sex relationships. I think it's insensitive to PUBLICLY question those choices.
Mike Wallace should be able to criticize anyone for their preferences & actions.
It's just like him saying "I don't understand how anyone could like that TV show / color / food / sports team / flavor of ice cream".
"byroan wrote:
He doesn't need to change his opinion because he plays for another team. What he said was not bigoted. He didn't bash anyone. He just doesn't agree with it.
I can already tell this is going to be blown out of proportion.
The same people that have a problem with this are the same people who had a hissy fit over our logo and uniforms

I said the same thing directly to a gay friend once. I asked him how he could be attracted to men with so many beautiful women in the world. He laughed and asked me how I could be straight with all the hot guys in the world.
We both had a laugh... then, we moved the **** on.
The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese
"emocomputerjock wrote:
It's not natural? I think I understand why you're having an issue with this.
It is not natural. Life was not created nor did it evolved based on homosexuality. The natural thing is heterosexuality. Homosexuality is created naturally, but is not the natural thing.
It is perfectly understandable for a heterosexual being to not understand how can a homosexual be homosexual because it goes against their very nature, they do no know otherwise. Inversely, i can see how a homosexual could have the same feeling towards heterosexuals. For them the natural state is homosexuality.
"Larry Little wrote:
I said the same thing directly to a gay friend once. I asked him how he could be attracted to men with so many beautiful women in the world. He laughed and asked me how I could be straight with all the hot guys in the world.
We both had a laugh... then, we moved the **** on.
this is how comments like that are supposed to be made. not on record where millions can run in different directions with statement.
"miamiron wrote:
The same people that have a problem with this are the same people who had a hissy fit over our logo and uniforms
Actually: I think the new logo is.... FABULOUS.
"Larry Little wrote:
I said the same thing directly to a gay friend once. I asked him how he could be attracted to men with so many beautiful women in the world. He laughed and asked me how I could be straight with all the hot guys in the world.
We both had a laugh... then, we moved the **** on.
I get that, my friends and I do that **** to each other all the time. thats what friends do. Usually in private, no? Difference is: Im not a public figure in a brand new market where 4.7 of the population identifies as LGBT and I just crapped on them before I even started playing there. Not smart.
fooball.
futbol.
hockey.
Regardless it won't be the end because you're just the average guy while Wallace is a star newly signed receiver in MIAMI, which has a large homosexual community.
It was terrible for him to say and you all should be expecting the Dolphins to be lit up by the media now, though actually, that's called everyday since Marino retired.
"MonstBlitz wrote:
I also said disbelief, which is what you're getting at. They are all insensitive reactions to another human beings personal life. And I don't think it's insensitive to not understand the laws of physical attraction when it comes to same sex relationships. I think it's insensitive to PUBLICLY question those choices.
He clearly expressed his confusion in his twit. For him it is entirely confusing how a man can love another man. I don't think someone expressing his confusing in such a neutral way can ever be construed as being offensive. The reactions here were entirely overblown.
"FaninPatsyLand wrote:
So why tweet it? What did he stand to gain from it? You're a high-profile athlete, what is the potential upside?
He can have his opinion, but he doesn't need to broadcast publicly. Act like a god damned professional. He is being criticized for his woeful handing of the situation and rightfully so. He is clearly a dumbass.
I'm not Mike Wallace. I won't speak as to why he tweeted it. It's his opinion and it didn't say anything derogatory toward Jason Collins. It's people making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. That's my opinion.
@KevinMD4
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Regardless it won't be the end because you're just the average guy while Wallace is a star newly signed receiver in MIAMI, which has a large homosexual community.
It was terrible for him to say and you all should be expecting the Dolphins to be lit up by the media now, though actually, that's called everyday since Marino retired.
Tim Tebow was waived today. I don't think the media will notice Mike Wallace's tweet all that much.
@KevinMD4
"Sumlit wrote:
That is entirely different. That would be clearly saying that you think black women are inferior to white, and if you have white available, why would you chose black. That would certainly be offensive. What Wallace said was speaking about him mostly. He cannot understand why a man would love another man. He did not say straight is better than homosexual, or that homosexual is bad. He just is incapable of fathoming how a man can be homosexual.
You read the race argument to make it more offensive by concluding it was about superiority/inferiority. But then you read the Wallace sexuality argument in a different way, concluding that it just about one man's opinion.
I could reply with the exact opposite argument , saying the hypothetical Wes Welker racist tweet is just his viewpoint, but that Wallace is arguing the inferiority of a same sex attraction.
And we'd both be wrong to do so.
I think all variations on the arguments have a degree of validity. But be consistent with them. When you willfully see two similar arguments in opposite ways, I lose respect for your argument, because you've thrown logic out the window in favor of bias.
"Vinny Fins wrote:
I get that, my friends and I do that **** to each other all the time. thats what friends do. Usually in private, no? Difference is: Im not a public figure in a brand new market where 4.7 of the population identifies as LGBT and I just crapped on them before I even started playing there. Not smart.
Let me ask then, if Jason Collins retweets Wallace with this comment (or similiar) is everything okay then?
"RoninFin4 wrote:
Tim Tebow was waived today. I don't think the media will notice Mike Wallace's tweet all that much.
Oh there is always room for some Dolphins bashing as long as Boomer is on ESPN.
"Larry Little wrote:
I said the same thing directly to a gay friend once. I asked him how he could be attracted to men with so many beautiful women in the world. He laughed and asked me how I could be straight with all the hot guys in the world.
We both had a laugh... then, we moved the **** on.
A guy I work for is gay and we have the same conversations, I will tell him I can never understand how another man can look at another man's hairy ass and say "hmmmmm, gotta get me some of that!". I tell him I find the male body one of the most disgusting things I can imagine, and i do, we are gross people.

"Vertical Limit wrote:
Oh there is always room for some Dolphins bashing as long as Boomer is on ESPN.
ESPN LOVES Tebow. If there's going to be bashing, I doubt it'll come from Entertainment and Sports (plus all things Tim Tebow) Programming Network.
@KevinMD4
By the way, Mike Wallace reflects the feelings of many athletes AND COACHES in the NFL and NBA. That's why I think what ever was left of Jason Collins' career is over now. And no I'm not blaming Mike but no coach will ever sign an openly gay male athlete to their team because they don't want the attention and discomfort from their other players.
The trash talk between male opponents is so bad that it just won't work.
"His'nBeatYour'n wrote:
You read the race argument to make it more offensive by concluding it was about superiority/inferiority. But then you read the Wallace sexuality argument in a different way, concluding that it just about one man's opinion.
I could reply with the exact opposite argument , saying the hypothetical Wes Welker racist tweet is just his viewpoint, but that Wallace is arguing the inferiority of a same sex attraction.
And we'd both be wrong to do so.
I think all variations on the arguments have a degree of validity. But be consistent with them. When you willfully see two similar arguments in opposite ways, I lose respect for your argument, because you've thrown logic out the window in favor of bias.
No because white vs black would be a preference, you would prefer white or black women depending on some personal preference, be it just cosmetic or racist or something else. Wallace point is that he cannot imagine being homosexual. It something completely alien to him. He cannot even fathom himself being homosexual, so he cannot understand how some other man can be.
"Ronnie Bass wrote:
A guy I work for is gay and we have the same conversations, I will tell him I can never understand how another man can look at another man's hairy ass and say "hmmmmm, gotta get me some of that!". I tell him I find the male body one of the most disgusting things I can imagine, and i do, we are gross people.
Same here I really don't see the big deal.
Silence

It's ******* Golden.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
When he catches 10 touchdowns and 1200 yards, no one will care.
I think his tweet was homophobic and ignorant on many levels, but I won't cheer his on field achievements any less TBH.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
By the way, Mike Wallace reflects the feelings of many athletes AND COACHES in the NFL and NBA. That's why I think what ever was left of Jason Collins' career is over now. And no I'm not blaming Mike but no coach will ever sign an openly gay male athlete to their team because they don't want the attention and discomfort from their other players.
The trash talk between male opponents is so bad that it just won't work.
It probably doesn't help that he's 34 years old either and on a pretty clear decline since the 2007-08 season. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Collins
I think players and coaches won't care for the most part, as long as that person can help the team win. I think it's a bigger issue with the fans than anything else.
@KevinMD4
"Sumlit wrote:
Chill all of you. That comment wasn't bashing, and i cannot fathom how someone would interpret what he twitted as bashing.
That comment is a perfect example of how someone who is straight would feel about a homosexual. There was no hate, in there. He just cannot imagine how a guy can feel that way about another guy. Perfectly understandable for a straight man.
A dumb strait man, to not have the intellect to gather your thoughts about a sensitive subject and give that person some credit or support is an indicator of what he is as a man.

"RoninFin4 wrote:
I'm not Mike Wallace. I won't speak as to why he tweeted it. It's his opinion and it didn't say anything derogatory toward Jason Collins. It's people making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. That's my opinion.
And therein lies the problem. The fact that he was unable to predict that his tweet would be blown out of proportion is why I'm questioning his intelligence.
Its why he deserves to be criticized. Completely clueless.
This thread is locked.