1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washington Redtails?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jt0323, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    :pity:

2. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Stumbled across this:

http://www.ryot.org/shouldnt-state-oklahoma-change-name/427581

I don't think the PC crowd will push for this but you never know anymore.

3. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Under what pretense? Is Oklahoma trademarked?

Either way, if the affected group chooses to pursue this, they should have that right. Your characterization of the "PC crowd" pushing for the Redskins to change their name isn't accurate. Native Americans are the ones pushing to have the law enforced.

Also, whomever is responsible for the content on the link you provided clearly has no idea what racism actually is:

MikeHoncho, unluckyluciano and Fin D like this.
  4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    http://i.imgur.com/uUz2mSj.jpg

5. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Oh puhleeze, this is being led and pushed on by your heroes like Harry Reid. Yes some Native Americans are offended by this and are participating for change, and I don't even give a **** if they change their name or not, but if you're going to pretend that people like Reid have nothing to do with this then I'm just going to say its the norm for you.

But this issue is definitely being driven by the PC crowd, for better or for worst.

shula_guy likes this.
  6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That was very bigoted.

7. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    And trademarks is not the issue here, it was just a tool forced on by Reid and the Government to force change.

8. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    LOL of course, I'm a righty so that by your definitions and standards makes me a bigot and the fact I oppose Obama makes me a racist, you're such a clown

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    no it's not. There's plenty of evidence that NA's are pushing this like I don't know, a certain commercial they made. The right only want to push this as the PC crowd so they can make the argument into something it's not about, rather than you know, have to actually listen and think about this seriously.

10. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    The NA's are participating but this is a PC driven issue, you're telling me that many from the left have not helped picked up the ball to carry this issue?

11. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    keyphrase being: helped picked up, not driven it as you stated.

12. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Why is it important to deny this is a PC driven issue? I'm not getting it, PC is a BIG PART of our lives these days, has been for decades now

13. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    I take it its important to give the NA's credit for this change, that's why you're having issue with the words I choose to use

14. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the issue at hand with the Redskins. Harry Reid was not the one who pushed this. He has just become involved within the past few years.

Native American groups are the ones that have been pushing this for decades. They aren't "participating", they are actively driving this issue through legal channels. Harry Reid didn't file the complaint with the USPO, Native Americans did.

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    First of all Chuckles, you jumped in saying all the libs in here are bigots....which is very bigoted of you (by your own definition). Then, you go on a bigoted rant (which is also classified as bigoted by your own definition). Then when its pointed out to you, you then proceed to go on another bigoted rant sprinkled with crying like a *****.

Conclusion: You're a bigot with a victim complex and an unending capacity for filling your diaper.

16. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    You are a bigot because you literally just disparaged the rights of Native Americans. You've taken the issue away from them, and projected it onto someone you can't be accused of being racist against.

Fin D likes this.
  17. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Actually I jumped in because the cons and Christian bashing going on in here - you know, Christians, the people you despise and are bigoted towards, so for a major league bigot like you to call me a bigot is rich indeed.

18. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    I disparaged the rights of NA's?? Oh Christ, you guys are just too much really. I'm telling it as it is, the NA's have every right to protest it and get it changed but I'm not going to pretend this is something that is not for the sake of PC once again.

19. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    I'm just going based what I have seen the last ten years or so, it is possible that it started as a NA issue and picked up by the PC crowd, I'll be honest and say I could possibly be wrong on that assumption since this is not an issue I have followed over the years. But lets not pretend that what happen with the USPO didn't gave Reid's fingerprints on it, him gloating on the senate floor yesterday is almost proof enough for me.

20. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Thats exactly what is happening here. The NA's have been using appropriate channels for decades. This was an issue when Harry Reid was a ****ing boxer.

You literally just said the NAs have the right, but when their rights are recognized, your response is to project anger onto Harry Reid, rather than acknowledging what this means to the NA groups that pursued this. That is marginalization, at best.

21. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    You are wrong. This has been an issue for 20+ years.

And why is Harry Reid's vocal support of the affect minorities perceived as a negative here?

22. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Let's add liar to your list of traits.

No one bashed anyone's religion. What's funny, is that because I used the name Christ, you automatically jumped in swinging because you found it insulting BUT you're so up your own *** you don't realize you're just as offended as the NAs are for the name redskins. (Of course the main difference being I didn't use a derogatory term).

What we're left with is example #32,789 of Ronnie Bass being an unaware fool. I mean seriously, I can say I don't want religion in our government and that means I'm anti-Christian, but if someone names a team the redskins or the n-words or the kikes that's perfectly fine and if anyone gets as upset about that as you do about me, then they are just PC freaks trying to ruin the country. Its effing pathetic. You're not just a simple minded bigot, you're also a flagrant hypocrite.

23. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    I don't like the government getting involved like they did, this name is going to change sooner than later without interference from the USPO and Reid, let me the people work this issue, I mean do you really think that the name is not going to get changed? Its inevitable, but let the process work out on its own without government interference.

24. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Its not his support but his ways, I despise Reid more than anyone in DC and I think he's as corrupt as they get and ANYTHING he does will get extra scrutiny from me, even if his cause is noble.

25. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    The Redskins are the ones that involved the government. They asked the government to protect their trademark.

And no, changing the name is not inevitable. The affected groups are an extreme minority. What apparatus is in place to get the name changed?

26. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    "Should change the name to the Washington "Don't Tread Me's" or Angels something Patriotic or Christian to make up the money with the people who love to support bigotry with money."

27. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    And you don't think yesterday's decision wasn't influenced one way or the other by Reid? I do and I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that issue because you trust Reid when I clearly don't.

And yes it is inevitable, even my brother a huge Redskins fan and a proponent of the name thinks its just a matter of time.

And public pressure is the apparatus, its building even if its slow.

28. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    I mean its no coincidence that the day after Reid said this name will change one of the government branches delivers a deadly blow to it.

29. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    And I have no problem with the name change, I just don't care for the process right now.

30. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That's not bashing a religion, that's bashing conservatives.

31. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    He thinks its a matter of time because of the legal avenues available. The Redskins will lose their trademark. The FCC will prevent the broadcast of the slur. Its not going to change because of public pressure. Its been dozens of years before they could even get trademark law enforced.

What exactly do you mistrust Reid with in this situation? Do you have any disagreement with the merits of the actual complaint? You've essentially taken the position that you will not support any cause that Harry Reid supports, even if that cause is ending bigotry.

32. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    How is it not bashing Christians? Sure it is

33. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Fair enough, this is not a sticking point with me.

Are you telling me there are conservative politicians that you would trust openly? Hell myself I can't even think of a few cons I would trust mostly because I don't trust ANY politician, but back to that weasel Reid, this is a man who described our President using the term "negro" and now he's going to get on a pulpit and tell us what is considered bigoted? Yeah spare me man your hypocrisy.

I would feel a lot better if the USPO made their decision with Harry Reid totally on the sidelines, to me it stinks.

And I never said I didn't support or was against this cause, I'm quite indifferent to it, I'm just rolling my eyes at the scum who is supporting it and quite simply saying don't trust this man and his involvement. I don't live by the mantra by all means necessary because when you live by that you have to forfeit your morals.

34. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Stringer, was the USPO decision due yesterday? If it is then maybe that's one thing, but if they decided to come to it after Reid just made a big fuss about the name change then don't you think that's a tiny bit suspicious?

35. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Wow.

36. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Of course you don't see it as bashing Christians lol wow yourself

37. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It is.

I'm not apologizing though. Why? Because it's a joke. Just jabbing at inconsistencies.

38. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    What exactly requires trusting Reid here? This is a pretty clear cut case. Redskin is a racial slur. You can't legally trademark slurs.

Fin D likes this.
  39. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    The decision was due years ago. If anything is suspicious it is why it took so long for them to get to it.

40. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You do realize not all Christians are conservatives right?

Also, has the fact that you want us to be PC dawned on you yet or not?