1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch what you eat!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TheMageGandalf, Jun 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Just a quick warning to those of us that eat fast foods a lot. (McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's, etc.)

I just got back last night from a stay at the hospital (1 day) from eating some bad food at Taco Bell.

After years of eating fast foods and never getting sick, my luck ran out.

The stuff problably had salmonella based on my symptoms the doc said. (he took some samples from you know what and said we'd know by Wednesday what it was)

Its taken me now 2 days of antibiotics to recover enough to down some chicken soups and gatorade with only slight you know what out of my low end (top end been OK now for the last 48 hours although I dont generally puke so easy to begin with - even though I did puke some this time which even worried my wife).

Cramps brought me down really HARD. Felt like someone was turning a knife in my stomach for 24 hours straight, until I finally got the antibiotics in me and it eased up enough for me to finally get some sleep and wake up feeling a little better, and its been going good so far.

So just becareful as you never know.

Phinperor likes this.
  2. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be crass... but IS there any "good" food at Taco Bell?? Really? :no:

I'm glad you're OK, and sorry that you were ill...:yes:

3. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    :lol:

Sure, when it doesn't nearly blow you up it does sometimes taste pretty good.

Going to be a LONG while/if ever that I go back to them though. This really messed me up.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

nacho cheese chalupa :up:

and i've been eating fast food frequently my whole life. KFC is the only one that has ever given me a problem.. and not often. but it has been years for that, even.

5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Sorry dude. That sucks. My friend used to work for a food additive company or something like that and he said that his company sells to the main, big, fast food burger joints(don't want to use their name and get sued. :D)(paranoid:D). He sells them an additive for the burgers which is a type of laxative which they put in the burger meat. He says it's because they don't want the meat sitting in you for too long. ;) Sorry. Nasty I know, but it's true.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I've been preaching the evils of Taco Hell for years.

AbideN703 likes this.
  7. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

All of them have this I think :lol:

8. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

We call it Toxic Hell... :yes:

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  9. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    eww people still eat at Taco Bell?

Del Taco baby.

Sorry to hear that bro. Food poisoning is never fun.