1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching the NFL this week made me realize...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    What a terrific job this coaching staff has done.. From teams commiting penalty after penalty, to WR's dropping critical third down pass after pass, I realized that the Miami Dolphins of 2007 are almost the complete opposite of the Miami Dolphins in 2008, with the possible exception of special teams. I watched Andy Reid make a couple of bonehead calls, and I watched Singletary do the same. I watched players hit late to give opposing teams first downs, an entire series plagued by false starts, and teamates openly criticizing their teams for lack of effort.

All the while, this undermanned, rebuilding team continues to play sound football with limited penalties, turnovers and drama. Funny thing I actually started to feel sorry for the teams playing so ineptly until I realized that the Miami Dolphins have been the poster child for inept play for nearly 5 years. And I give all the credit in the world to the coaching staff and leadership at the top for turning it around so quickly!! :up::up:

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    you're 100% right. I too feel sorry for teams like Detroit, KC, Oakland. It's painful to watch your team suck that bad with no end in sight. But Bill Parcells said yes to the Miami Dolphins, and everything has changed.

Bill Parcells
    Jeff Ireland
    Tony Sparano
    Paul Pasqualoni
    Dan Henning
    David Lee

Thanks to all of them. And thanks to Wayne for not quitting.

3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007

Tell ya what... Ask me right now if I would trade our position with the Cardinals and I would say hell no!! With all that talent Whisenhunt has no control over that team... They have so much talent but are not disciplined at all. It will be one and out for them... And to compare how focused this team is nothing short of a miracle. To have possibly the least talented WR corp to start the season hold on to the football is incredible feat, especially when I watched good WR's drop passes all week long that cost their teams a chance at victory..

4. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I was thinking the same thing watching last nights Arizona game. I think they jumped offsides like 36 times. Two times it caused them points off of a turnover.

There was a point in the 4th quarter where there was a flag on almost every play. It was horrendous. And all I kept saying to myself was: "I'm glad my team doesn't play this stupid. OR. If this was the Dolphins I'd be having a mental breakdown right now"

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think discipline is getting to be a lost art form in regards to NFL organizations...Don't get me wrong, picking the right personnel and coaching them up is just as important, but teams that beat themselves, like the Cards and 49ers last night, won't be going far towards championships until that discipline is reinstated in the minds of the players and coaches...

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    you definately have to love what the staff has done here. the attitude is different, and this team is actually disciplined. you dont see very many penalties at all, no unsportsmanlike conduct calls, nothing like that. probably because these guys know, if theyre going to give the other team free yardage, theyre going to be given a free trip to the unemployment line.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Last year i was watching the Titans play in a game agaist the colts, vince young was at QB, i sat their watching with envy towards this team that did not have a lot of so called stars, i watched them EXECUTE with precision play after play, the dinks and dunks were a thing of beaauty, the way they played team defense, i was so impressed and look where they are at today. That team is well coached, disipline, execution, intelligence and toughness is their recipe..

I believe we are on that same path. great thread Rush