1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We bought it

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LikeUntoGod, Apr 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    Gainesville Florida
    We Miami Dolphin fans were like "children in the wilderness". We have had almost no real information about anything for many moons. To us starved and lost souls this small presser was not just another few lines of "coach speak". No, for us, Tony Sparano coming to the podium with his clipboard was as if Moses himself had just came down from the mountain holding the Ten Commandants.

And we fell for it. We lapped it up. We wrote post after post about what he told us. And we talked about it and we broke how our front seven on defense and our offensive line looked this year.

I was reminded then of how many threads and posts and blogs and stories were written and talked about the one little sentence that Jeff Ireland said about John Beck when he was hired months ago.

As the GM of the Scout.com Mock Draft team I've been over with a fine tooth comb the list of players and positions that Tony Sparano give us. Last night it hit me that we were told nothing. Zip. Nada.

Last year who were our "starters" on our defensive front seven?

M. Roth, V. Holliday, J.Taylor, J. Porter, C. Crowder, K. Traylor and Z. Thomas.

Of those seven, the only two we released were K. Traylor and Z. Thomas. And both were clearly replaced with Jason Ferguson and Reggie Torbor.

So we were just told our new front seven (at this point in time) is:

M. Roth, V. Holliday, J.Taylor, J. Porter, C. Crowder, J. Ferguson and R. Torbor.

Another perfect example of "coach speak", and we bought it, hook, line and sinker.

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Why did it take you so long to figure out he really told us nothing? Why would he?

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    What were you expecting? Yes, we're running a 3-4. Yes, we're trading JT. Yes, we'll be taking Chris Long.

Of course we aren't going to be saying anything to tip our hand on draft day.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  4. phillyphinphan

phillyphinphan Season Ticket Holder

Jan 8, 2008
    if sporano actually gave out accurate information this time of year I would question his competence...

5. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I bought nothing. I was of the opinion that unless we weren't going to draft anyone this year, his listing of the 'starters' was garbage.

6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    There have already been quite a few articles about how Parcells remains quite about what their trying to do.

We've also seen an example of this in free agency. If the player we had scheduled to visit said anything or anyone found out about the visit, it was canceled.

Obviously, we're keeping everything behind closed doors. So if Parcells wants to keep it quite then I HIGHLY DOUBT that you can expect to hear much from Sparano or Ireland.