1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We need a new coaching staff and Front Office

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jpep13, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    once again that is what we are facing. new coach every 3 to 4 years with this team. And then another new O coord and D coord with a new system.
    No wonder why teams that have been ****ty for so long pass us.

Matt5202 likes this.
  2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    We need better players, too.

Matt5202 likes this.
  3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I would really like to see what Daboll can do with this team. The system on both sides needs to stay. There is nothing wrong with either system.

4. jpep13

Dec 2, 2007
    That is the thing we don't know. Overreaction on this team, but most likely it seems like new coaches put in new coaches with different systems. I also have
    no problem drafting Barkley or foles, Luck said he is still not sure he will enter 2012 draft

5. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    A QB? Really? When Henne had time today he was more than adequate. He's young, tough, durable and the team likes him. He just has terrible offensive linemen. If anything I would say start doing things the right way. Play Ryan Cook at RG, play Nate Garner at RT see what you've got with that and then perhaps in the draft next year you go get a top pass rusher to team with Wake or you go get a play making FS.

I hate inefficiency. This team is full of it.

Fintastic likes this.
  6. Matt5202

Matt5202 New Member

Sep 13, 2011
    The new regime is going to have alot of decisions to make. I would assume they would want their own QB--most do.

7. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    Henne has improved but more than adequate is debatable... if he continues to improve he can become more than adequate...but now still to inconsistent, but true the OL didn't help.........

Also thought he should have completed that pass were he scrambled out and threw to Marshall in the corner ....adequate would have made that IMO

8. jpep13

Dec 2, 2007
    new regimes always want their own qb's. Alot of work to do on all 3 phases of this team and then some.

mbmonk and Matt5202 like this.
  9. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I don't know I'm not sure Brady can make that throw. He's more than adequate.

10. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have been saying this same thing on here since the end of last season. Yet I have been told I am too negative and if I was a real Dolphin fan, I would support the team no matter what. The fact is that I do support the players. It is Sparano, and Ireland, I don't have any confidence in. I love the Dolphins, but I just can't support a head coach and a GM who I feel have not improved this team over the last three years. If the players on this team are more talented then the team that went to the playoffs in 2008, they certainly aren't showing it on the field.

endorPHINS72 and Fintastic like this.
  11. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Nothing wrong ?!?!?!? :shifty:

endorPHINS72 likes this.
  12. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    As I said nothing wrong? You want to disagree prove it. What's wrong with the offensive system and the defensive system? Tell me that. Scheme wise what's wrong.

13. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I agree. This coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired, and is the main reason we lose, IMHO. They seem unprepared. The Parcells hire is getting very close to 'officially' being a failure. His 'hire-all-my-buddies' technique for team building just doesn't work.

I don't see how the Phins can turn it around, and I'm not sure I want them to. I was willing to give Sparano a chance... but I am now ready for a change at head coach.

Matt5202 and dolfan22 like this.
  14. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    We passed on Mike Tomlin for Cam Cameron. Also passed on Rex Ryan for Sparano. People always look at Culpepper over Brees, but we've also had chances to hire coaches who have actually turned teams into playoff/super bowl contenders and didn't.

15. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Wow, the Dolphins are 0-2 and have lost both games at home. The defense played terrible last week and just average today. In fact when the game was on the line and the defense needed to step up, it didn't.
    So when it comes to the play of the defense, if its not the scheme that is the problem. It must be the players who just aren't good enough to play the scheme effectively. This lack of talent on defense falls at the feet of Ireland, who's job it is to supply quality players for the defense.

As far as Daboll and the offense. So far he has shown that he is a definite upgrade as the offensive coordinator of the Dolphins. If he had a decent offensive line to work with, which could both pass and run block, I think he would be able to greatly increase the productivity of this offense. The lack of talent on the offensive line is again the fault of Ireland.

16. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    Bottom line:
    We are a mediocre team, with poor leadership and a GM with limited insight and a sprinkle of some very talented players but the coaches have not built a team and can not seem to see or understand the holes that need filling and the proper players to do so.............again

jw3102 likes this.
  17. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Would Crowder have made this team better? I dont know but I am afraid of the answer.

18. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I agree with that. They're all or nothing with their decent players. The 2008 team did not have glaring weaknesses. That's why they won. They had a decent Andre Goodman here and there, just NFL caliber players. Not good players mind you, but Renaldo Hill would not have abandoned Caroll to Johnson. Renaldo Hill likely would have taken a better angle against Wes Welker. Renaldo Hill is a mediocre player, but that tells you how bad some of the lesser players are on this team. THEY ARE THAT BAD

Donald Thomas wasn't picked up by another team if I'm not mistaken. Jake Long is at LT and Marc Colombo is at RT? There's no balance.

Bpk likes this.
  19. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA

BINGO!

I said that in another thread... If Sparano does go... who's to say Gruden or Cowher is the right pick? Coaches are rarely as good the second time around. Tomlin, Ryan, Schwartz, Harbaugh (In Balt) etc, etc.. these are guys that aren't big names, and werent at the time, but theyre doing a damn good job with their respective teams. If only Parcells hadnt hired his buddy to give him a shot we may be in a different situation today. It is what it is.

Fintastic likes this.
  20. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    No.

What's to be afraid of? He never made this team better in the past, why or how would he now?

21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He'd be whiffing tackles left and right also.

22. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    I dont know why our defense cant stop the run then. They were beast last year and Crowder is the only one of the front 7 that has changed. Is it just the Texans are better at running than the Fins are used to?

I just dont know why our D is such a negative surprise. That was our hope for the season and so far, its not going well...

23. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    They went into the nickel to stop Daniels and they got beat on the edge. It's really that simple, they cannot do it all. They're just not good enough overall and don't have enough pressure to make up for it. I think they'll shut Cleveland down though, they'll do ok against San Diego, and they'll shut the Jets down in a shocker.

24. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

yes wed do , which is why we need a new GM and coach to properly coach them.

25. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Even though I disagree with you, I have to admit that I love how positive you remain in regards to the Dolphins. I agree that they MIGHT beat the Browns next week, but I see the Chargers and Jets handling the Dolphins without much problem. I have stated since preseason that I thought the Dolphins would be 1-4 or 0-5 after their first five games of the season. I have seen nothing so far which leads me to think that the Dolphins will win more then possibly one of their next three games.

I have also stated that they would finish behind the Bills and in last place in the division.I have seen nothing yet from the Dolphins which makes me want to change that prediction. My overall prediction that the Dolphins would not win more than 4-5 games this season appears to be closer to reality than I wanted it to be when I made the prediction.

26. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    To give you an idea 23 points isn't the end of the world against Houston's offense. Maybe I do look at it as cup half full a bit but all it really takes are some basic things to be cleaned up to pull a 2007 Giants, a 2002 Patriots, and things of that order. This team's problem is its coach. Everything else:

- starting FS, while the better FS
    - dime CB
    - starting RT

These problems are a joke compared to what Miami used to face. Ya Miami's losing but despite it all the team isn't sinking the way it was back in the early 00s. Wins and losses are how you judge a team. It's not how you evaluate where they're going though. That said there's more than enough evidence to say Sparano must go.

27. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Getting rid of Jeff Ireland would be an awful, awful decision. There's too much backseat, Madden-style GMing going on, and not enough hard analysis of what he has done vs. whta other people have done. Especially considering how it looks like he's hit on Pouncey and Thomas pretty well. The guy is a good GM, and he's done solid in free agency and pretty damn good in the draft.

Sparano and Co. might need to be fired, but this early in the season? Give me a ****ing break. That doesn't do anything for you, not from a team standpoint, not from a business standpoint, not from a morale standpoint, not anything.

gilv13, Rocky Raccoon and slickj101 like this.
  28. Fintastic

Fintastic Banned

Sep 14, 2011
    I agree about Henne. I see a ton of improvement in him this year. His decision making is vastly improved. I think he could be a probowler with NE's O line.

29. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    No, as much as I hate to say it I dont think firing Sparano right now is going to help one bit. Id say give him until after the Chiefs game to win 3 or 4. If he doesnt, Ross needs to start winning the fans back himself because its clear Tony is going to be unable to do so.

Beating CLE and SD would be huge if Sparano pulls it off. It would definitely get me down off the ledge.

30. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I will start by saying that I have not liked Ireland as the Dolphins GM since he was hired by Parcells. Yes, he has hit on some players but he has missed far too often to justify keeping him after this season. Two 7-9 season and now an 0-2 start to this season clearly shows that Ireland hasn't done enough to upgrade the talent on the Dolphins. In fact as I stated on another post, I don't see that the Dolphins today are as good as the 2008 team that went to the playoffs.

If three years after a team goes to the playoffs, the team today is not as good as the playoff team. It is time for the person responsible for selecting talent to go. That person is Ireland.

mason and Dolphins1Beatles like this.
  31. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Please, by all means go compare side to side what Jeff Ireland has done what are perceived to be excellent drafting teams. They won't be the best, but there's no way you can suggest he's even average, much less below average. By all means, compare them to playoff teams.

slickj101 likes this.
  32. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    He always made the team better in the past.

33. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    We might as well get a new fanbase while we're at it..

34. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Unfortunately for Sparano and the Dolphins, the only thing I care about and I think the majority of the fans care about is wins and losses. It really doesn't matter to me if they lose by one points or by one hundred points. A loss is a loss and the fact that they may come close to winning games means absolutely nothing to me. Also, at no time in its history have the Dolphins every gone 1-11 at home, which they have over their last 12 home games.

As far as only giving up 23 points to Houston today is concerned. That would have been fine if the Dolphins had scored 24 points. Since they didn't and they lost, the amount of points Houston scored is irrelevant.
    Also you say the Dolphins don't sink the way they used to. I beg to differ with you. Today the Dolphins had a chance to win once the offense went down and kicked a field goal in the fourth quarter. They were only three point behind and all that was needed was the defense to rise up and get the ball for the offense. Instead the Texans drove the ball right down the field and scored. The Dolphins once they got the ball back, did nothing with it and were forced to punt. The Texans basically ran out the clock from there.

This type of collapse by the defense and the inability of the offense to score TD's in the fourth quarter is the exact same problem the Dolphins have had for the last decade. So while there may be some positives from some of the players over the last two weeks. As a team they are not much better today than they have been during the last 10 years. In fact based on their home record over the last year. They may not be as good as the majority of the Dolphin teams over the last ten years.

35. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    Don't look now but I think we are.........

36. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

37. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I don't have to compare him to any other team. All I have to do is look at the record of the Dolphins since he became the GM of the Dolphins. Even throwing in the 2008 season when the Dolphins went 11-5 and Parcells was really in charge. The Dolphins are only 25-25 over the last three years and two games with Ireland as the GM. If this isn't a clear indication that he is nothing but an average GM, at best, I guess nothing will convince you.

As far as comparing the players Ireland has drafted or signed in free agency to the teams in the playoffs, this isn't fair to you. As you stated, they are playoff teams, which means they actually won more games than they lost during the season. This is something the players signed by Ireland have not come close to doing for the last two years and it is very unlikely they will not do it this season.

I understand you like Ireland and want him to stay. I imagine you are in the minority and with the small crowds Ross is seeing at the home games. I have no doubt that once he starts cleaning house, Ireland will be right behind Sparano as they leave the parking lot for the last time.

38. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I still like Ireland. He's not perfect but he's built a nice team. We have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, but Sparano is starting to wear me down. There is just no fire out there and way too many errors that shouldn't be happening.

EDIT: Disgustipate hits the nail on the head. I see nothing wrong with the job Ireland has done. But Sparano has 2 more games to get this team going. If not, he should be canned during the bye week...and I like Sparano.

pacadermng67 likes this.
  39. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I think Ireland has done a decent job to be honest. Sure, he's had some misses but that makes him no different than every other GM on Earth. Sadly though, I can see him getting axed with everyone else if we continue to trend the way we currently are.

40. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    So everything is the fault of Sparano and according to you, Ireland bares no blame for the mediocre team the Dolphins have been for the last three years. I have been calling for Sparano's job since the end of last season. So I certainly don't think he has done a good job as the head coach. I just don't see all these so called talented players on the Dolphins.

In fact I would gladly trade rosters with all the teams in the league except the Colts, without Manning, the Bengals, the Seahawks, the Cardinals, the Broncos, the Chiefs, the Panthers and possibly the Browns. I'll get back to you on the Browns after next weeks game. If any of the other 23 teams in the NFL what to trade rosters straight up with the Dolphins. Ross would be a fool to turn them down.