1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We need a new KIND of coach.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TOMMYGUNS, Dec 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. TOMMYGUNS

TOMMYGUNS New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Look at Cam on the sidelines. This guy is emotionless. He has the same facial expressions when he makes a hard first down as he does when there is a 15 yard personal foul against him.
    I fear that he is the same way in practice. Soft and fuzzy.
    We need a hardnosed caoch. Not neccessarily Cowher, but that type. Saban had alot of guys in fear if they didnt pactice to his standards.
    Does anyone think Cam is a hardbutt in practice?
    Heck yeah, Gibbs came back. Bring Shula back and surround him with the best coordinators money can buy!:thumbup:

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    What we really need is a new kind of Dolfan--knowledgeable ones.

Who the hell cares what Cameron's sideline demeanor is? It's meaningless relative to wins and losses. Tony Dungy is emotionless, while Jon Gruden may as well legally change his middle name to F'ing. They've both won the Super Bowl.

Coaching is not this team's problem. The lack of talent obtained in prior drafts is. There's a reason Mueller is hoarding as many draft picks as possible: we need every single one.

3. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

that's why i won't be surprised if Mueller pulls the trigger on draft day if the price is right. i know a lot of people are looking for the high profile pick, but i think the plan is going to be to trade down and get as many picks as possible.

4. TOMMYGUNS

TOMMYGUNS New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I ask you this, is Cameron fulfilling your expectations? If he is, then thats what you get. Im not discounting players actions, Im saying that Cam is a sheep in a lions job. It is the coach(es) job to get players to do better. Maybe Dungy works well with the Colts. Doesnt mean Cam works well with the fins. JJ had a team that went 0-15 with Emmit Smith and Aikman.

5. TOMMYGUNS

TOMMYGUNS New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Seeing how some of Mueller's picks are starting, I agree, use these picks to get usable players to step in now, not groom them.

6. AggieFin21

AggieFin21 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    While it may not be this team's only problem, coaching is a big time problem on this team...

7. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Coaching is not a problem with this team.

Fans are the problem with this team. Fans that generalize. Fans that think they know what it takes to teach a young player in this league. Fans that guess. Fans that encourage Wayne Huyzienga to guess (again). Fans that think they no more than men who have been in the league. Fans that think they can evaluate talent. Fans that think a facial expression on a coach mean a hill of beans. Fans that think they know anything but they have never been there.

This is what makes a rebuild a horrible experience. I asked for a rebuild. Millions of Dolfans asked for a rebuild. We got it. ENJOY it! Don't question it.

8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No, it's not. I don't care how much you blame Cameron for this team's record: coaching is not the problem with the Miami Dolphins.

9. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    You're not quite right. While lack of talent is why the Dolphins are a losing team, poor coaching is why the Dolphins are a WINLESS team. If and when we bring in better talent, the coaching will still be holding us back.

10. MiamiMan147

MiamiMan147 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    I'm not a fan of Cameron based on what I've seen so far, but I'd say he's about 10% of what's going wrong, maybe 15% at most. The fact is we have 0 starters from 7 of our last 10 drafts. Granted, we traded one player away, but it was for good value. Imagine if our drafting had just been bad instead of atrocious. If we had gotten just one starting caliber player per year, that's 7 positions that would be upgraded. That's nearly a third of the team would be better than what we have today.

But the reality is that our drafting wasn't weak. It wasn't bad. It was a cluster**** of bibilical proportions. With JJ's early drafts now hitting retirement age, we are now starting from scratch as if we were an expansion team. Couple that with losing 3 starting safties, starting middle linebacker, star running back, and starting QB. The only coach who could win with this team is Bill Belichick, and that mother****er sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the ability to win superbowls with nobodies.

11. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    If Cameron was an emotional coach, he would probably be six feet under after suffering multiple heart attacks after watching the product on the field. They should have Vicatin day at the stadium next game

12. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Coaching is the problem with the Miami Dolphins. You guys don't want to hear this, but with Saban we would have 4 wins atleast by now.

13. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I think that's the best option too. If we cant do it, I think there is going to be pressure by Wayne to get a high profile offensive player to put people in the seats. That leaves McFadden or a QB, since the receivers arent worth a overall first. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm really hoping the Falcons are the team we trade down with

14. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007

and Daunte Culpepper would be the Quarterback, Ted Ginn wouldn't have been drafted, and Rex Hadnot would have been the center. We would probably have one heck of cornerback though! :ffic:

15. abNORMal

abNORMal New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Toledo, Ohio
    Coaching is a problem....you guys that say coaching is not a problem please consider Cam is a rookie head coach, there has to be a learning curve going from OC to HC. The coaching problem is also part of the reason we lose all the close games... Cam is getting out coached...but he is a rookie and hopefully he, along with Beck, will get better....

16. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Revis looks damn good to me. Much better than any defensive back we have.

17. WaywardZest

WaywardZest New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Yes.

Coaching is the problem. We went for two fourth and longs in a game based on field position.

Cameron has many of the same pieces that Saban had, and cannot get it done. The Dolphins have a lot more talent than their record indicates, but the staff isn't utilizing them. There is no discipline, hence the penalties.

Look at the players to see what the atmosphere is like. Traylor says he came back because Saban was gone. Porter, with all his problems early in the season, was supposed to complete our defense.

When you can't win with a veteran QB, a rising star of a runningback, a stable offensive line, and a defense with those kind of players, its the coaching staff. Now, you can't expect a win with a rookie QB, banged up runninbacks, and a defense missing its centerpiece. But when said team gets up on three of the last four teams and blows it, you have to wonder.

0-16 with this team is not forgivable. We all called for a rebuild, but you can at least win one or two games to show some hope.

18. TOMMYGUNS

TOMMYGUNS New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Lets see how far Huizenga will go? If the fins lose a home game, the fans get their money back. How long would Cam be coaching?
    Silly I know, but its about filling seats, and putting out a great product.

19. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    Sounds like someone knows what the hell they are talking about!:thumbup:

Stringer Bell likes this.
  20. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    If its not one thing its another. Saban was too much of an *** and now Cam is too nice.

21. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    Yeah... That is the way the ball bounces... I recall several posts out here last week where people were saying to "TURN BECK LOOSE". They got what they asked for and now he is being questioned about play calls again!!!:confused2:

22. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    There's no use trying. The self anointed experts here have already rendered their judgment. Cam inherited a team Saban bailed on and Wannstedt fubared royally and hasn't walked on water transforming them into anything remotely resembling a football team in his first year not only with a team, but as a head coach, and the masses are calling for his head to satisfy their "rights" as fans. I wonder how many of them have offered their services to any football team at any level. With all of the apparent expertise in the discussions I have seen recently, there is a good chance some of them could wind up in the hall of fame, evidently.:taz::taz::taz:

23. Kudda

Kudda Banned Troll

Dec 1, 2007
    Ermm, I care. The head coach is the team's biggest motivator. When you got an emotionless head coach, it's likely that demeanor will influence the way the team performs.

He basicly has the same story in every post game presser, in the same monotone voice, and expressionless face. He gives off the impression that he's not concerned. That's able to bother any fan. And I imagine what bothers the fans usually bothers the players as well, as players and fans alike both have the same goals in mind.

To me, it's not about how bad this team is, or who is responsible for it. I knew this would be a bad team this year no matter who we got. It's how he's coaching this team that is concerning. A coach can be evaluated beyond wins and losses.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  24. RollieGotFingered

RollieGotFingered New Member

Dec 3, 2007

Says the Pollyanna.

25. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The gameday emotion of the head coach is totally meaningless. Tony Dungy is emotionless; he wins. Jon Gruden is full of emotion; he (usually) wins. Tom Coughlin was a miniature Nazi and the Giants kept collapsing: he loosened up this year and they're winning.

26. Jagfish

Jagfish Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    This Planet you call Earth
    Bill Walsh was a fire storm on the sidelines, as is Tony Dungy.:001_rolleyes: Look at what freaking out gets you a Bud light Press conf. commercial.

The Jets are who we thought they were! Crown them!!!!

27. Kudda

Kudda Banned Troll

Dec 1, 2007
    Dungy inherited a good team.. That low key approach may be acceptable or even beneficial in that particular situation.

But that's not our situation. When a team is so bad that the players feel like all hope is lost, I think it would be in our best interest to get a coach with a little more fire to respark this teams competive spirit.

I also didn't say we needed a hard ***. Coughlin was a jagoff.

28. TOMMYGUNS

TOMMYGUNS New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Maybe its from some coaches playing football. I know Cowher did, and his competitiveness to win is evident by how he is on the sidelines. He wanted to win. Now I know other coaches didnt play pro ball and have been great coaches. Im just saying, his apathy is not appealin to fans or even maybe his players.