1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We should take a shot on Michael Sam

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frostproof, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    Right, because the "Miami Bullies" need to have gay rights activists breathing down their necks from Sept to Dec for no tangible gain on the field.

Kingtut561 and KeyFin like this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Besides not wanting the media circus, do we need DE help ??

3. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Not at all.

4. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Regardless of the talent he brings "baggage" not what this team needs. We have had enough drama offfield related. I don't think hes an NFL player honestly and seems 31 other teams don't as well. Had he not come out as gay no one would care IMHO. Just because he is gay and im fine with that, it doesn't mean he needs to be on a team. I think if someon takes him it will be for a PR move which would be even more of a disgrace for Sam he wants to make it as a player. We are fine at DE with our own project already!

OkiePhin and Kingtut561 like this.
  5. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Yup, and that's why he would be a bad fit in Miami. That and the fact that we have Jordan in no-man's land because it's a position of strength on our team.

Kingtut561 likes this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    If we needed a DE to develop I'd say sure. We don't.

7. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I think if we had an injury or a hole to fill he'd be a guy we should bring in, I thought he showed that he can play at this level with the Rams but they do have a really deep line and so do we. I'd be kind of surprised if he didn't get a job somewhere, he is a bad system fit for some teams but really he did flash some talent in the preseason and obviously he had a good college career.

8. Kingtut561

Kingtut561 New Member

Apr 30, 2013
    West Palm Beach Fl,
    For the love of G!! No!!!!!!! Although on second thought, he would bring more media attention and focus to Miami Dolphins, which many of us crave more attention and focus by the media..............Picking up SAM would do just that, but at what cost? Another scandal? I mean just last year during Bully-Gate I read on this site that the O-line were having meetings in strip clubs for heavens sake! that and other possible issues dealing with his sexual preferences (training on sensitivity, conducting surveys of the locker room etc.... ) isn't good for THIS team imo. Also I think he should've kept quiet ijs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.