1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday PC Update

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by AllianceCollect, Dec 10, 2008.

1. AllianceCollect

AllianceCollect The Beautiful Mrs. AC....

Mar 25, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Imagine my surprise when I got back from lunch to see we're taking in a feed from Davie. (I work for ABC News.) 1st time all year we've taken in a Dolphins Presser. I see a BIG stack of pizza boxes in the Pressroom.

I don't know any details yet, imagine its just the usual Wednesday presser, but if I hear anything of interest, I'll be sure to post it.

On the otherhand, maybe you can all stream it live on the official website?

Pennington held a quick 10 question presser, here are the quick hits:
    (please keep in mind it was very difficult to hear the questions as I only had audio from the podium mic.)

1) Ginn frustrated and wants to be more a part of the offense, Penny spoke with him about it. Its not an issue

2) Proud of the ability of team to protect the ball.

3) Playoffs have already started for the Dolphins. The way things shake out, they can't afford to lose. Stay focused on the next task. you can't win three without winning 1. This is a BIG game.

4) Its good to have more people noticing team. It means thay are successful and are doing well.

5) Sparanos passion is amazing, the same since the Tampa game. Sparano enjoys watching his players play and players feel good about that.

6) Jake Long is a special player. Hard for a left tackle to come in, grasp everything thats going on & Jake has been able to do that. Also rare for him to come in and be one of the leadeders in the huddle and he's done that & Chad trusts him on his blindside. Appreciates that Long apologizes when he makes a mistake.

Sparano now:

1) Practice was NOT good fumbles & interceptions, admits its different than in an actual game, but not happy. You practice to prevent those things so if it happens in a game, the player will be confronted. Not so much in practice.

2) Chad is one of the best he has been around in protecting the football. Not many QBs will be fired up to throw the ball for 182 yds and understand the big picture. Its a tremendous help to the team.

3) Not worried about how season shakes out, worried about the 49ers. No pressure, its fun, you want to be in this situation.

4) Mid-Season coaching changes can be dangerous, guys are playing to impress the coach & fear in that. 5 win team could be 7 wins and we only have 8, intersting game. Physical team, offense with Martz, need to be on the top of your game.

5) Gore coming home. Seems like everyother wee they play someone comming home. If he plays or not doesn't matter, team is preparing for it. If he doesn't go, Forster is good too don't forget that, but Gore is a huge part of there plan. You gotta tackle & stop the run.

6) Ricky & Ronnie interchangable and love to have them as part of the passing attack. Both ran wheel play ronnie lst week for a big gain, ricky two weeks ago for TD. The Phins have become one of best teams in league on 1st & 10. Great for other teams to worry about them out in space.

7) Singletary as player, remembers his eyes, intensity, what he has done for that team, he sees this team playing inspired. He does a great job challenging the team. They hit the jets right in the (mouth, he stumbled for a word here, so I put this in, feel free to add your own.) What they did when they came out was impresssive to watch. fewer penalties and better job protecting the ball now.

8) They are resiliant & play well in critical games, winning close games, making 3rd down & red zone plays defensively. Intersting group, comparable to Raves Physical tough, etc.

9) Dolphins made changes in secondary after Patriots game as well as pass rush and teams have tried what the Pats did with limited success.

10) Asked him about coach of the year, but deflected it.

Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. Back to work now.

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks AC, nice summary for those of us who can't watch Aquavision at work. I'm not happy to hear practice went poorly, but still it's good to hear him so focused on San Francisco.

3. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Having a bad practice I'm sure happens a lot during the course of the season but we don't hear about it because a coach doesn't want to go around talking about how bad a practice went. If they practice poorly all week then we should be worried.

4. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Thanks AC, Point 2 from Sparano has gone largely un talked about. Penny has truely put the teams success in front of his own, which in my opinion would not sit well with many other qb's aroudn the league. I agree with Sparano, that has been a huge help for the team.

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    thanks a bunch AC :up: Good read.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    good read