1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 15: Dolphins vs Bills

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Serpico Jones, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Well, the Lions helped Miami out today in beating the Jets, so we won't drop out of the playoff seeding this week.

Looking ahead, I wonder if resting against the Jets will be an option? Does a rested Miami team do better on the road, even against the #2 AFC seed (Bills or Chiefs)? Or do you want them going to the #3 Seed (Ravens? Bengals?) after a rough physical game against the Jets?

I think I like this team having a week to rest some key starters before starting a playoff run. It may not be an option, depending on how other games play out.

2. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I don’t see us beating Ciny, Buf or KC on the road so I’m not sure it matters.

3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    The Wild Card race is tightening up to the point I don't expect we'll clinch in week 16, so we probably can't rest the guys. We also didn't come out of that bye well. So better to keep playing regardless.

That Chargers vs. Tennessee game going on right now is really crucial. If the Chargers lose it really helps us a ton, but if they win we're in a tight race. The game is really important for Tennessee too. They've lost 3 in a row and the Jags are suddenly hot. Tennessee plays the Jags in their final game and if they lose today that could be for the division.

4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Completely disagree. Any given Sunday either team can win. Even if one is the best in the league and one is the worst.

5. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    I've only really watched the buffalo defense twice this year when we played them. I was going off their rankings to say they are a good defense. Another reason why you should never put blind faith in numbers and stats.

Both their run D and pass D was pretty lousy last night just letting players run free on many occasions.

resnor likes this.
  6. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Over large sample size numbers are far better than any eyeball test. It's precisely why statistics has taken over so many fields, from medicine, economics to science in general. Buffalo's defense is very good. They wouldn't have those stats without it.

The reason their run and pass D looked lousy last night is because of the one thing you refuse to acknowledge: we have a VERY good offense excepting the games against SF and LA and the ones our backup QBs played (which btw reflects itself very clearly in the stats). We made their defense look bad. THAT explanation fits with the numbers AND with what you saw last night.. it's the one explanation you adamantly refuse to give serious credibility to.

7. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    I never said we dont have a good offense, I think we have the best reciever corps in the league, but our rnning game has been non existant until buffalo made moestert and ahmed lool like pro bowl runners last night.

And again, Tua throwing routine passes to wide open hill and waddle who ran right through the buffalo defense untouched on multiple occasions does not impress me. San Fran and LAC pressed our recievers and pressured Tua a lot more than Buffalo did.

resnor likes this.
  8. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I don't think you watch the games. I still think you only watch highlights.

Springveldt, brandon27 and RGF like this.
  9. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I watched the jets game.. just because we need them and the patriots lose.. i was watching amazed that the jets are still a NFL team. And it was them against the lions, two of the worst there is in the NFL.

resnor likes this.
  10. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    If it was that simple every team could do it. Fact is Buffalo's defense even after yesterday has given up only 17.9 points per game (currently #3 in the league) and we put up 29. You're trying to dismiss that 17.9 ppg as "overrated" because that's the only way you can keep pushing your narrative that Tua didn't play well against a very good defense.

Sorry but as usual you're just shifting the goalposts. You've conveniently fallen silent about the deep ball (something you kept harping on early in the season), about "carrying the team" because to your dismay Tua has proven he can do that, and about playing well despite a bad OL (remember that was the one of those things Herbert could do but Tua couldn't). Now, you've once again been proven wrong about Tua's ability to play well against good defenses in the cold, and in December, and in playoff-like conditions.

I'd have more respect for your position if you didn't constantly keep shifting goalposts. You said Tua wouldn't play well against the Bills, Jets and Patriots because they have good defenses. He plays well against the Bills and you immediately say "noooo.. Bills don't really have a good defense" lol.

btw.. the great Herbert right now has 0 TD and 2 INT's with a 59.5 rating late in the 3rd quarter against the Titans. I'm sure you'll have your excuses ready for why Herbert is playing poorly, or why none of this matters because it's all about arm strength.

11. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    His "analysis" gets more and more over the map after every week, complete shifting of narratives, it's getting kind of embarrassing. I'm glad others are starting to point it out more and more.

RGF likes this.
  12. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    If that.

13. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Lookin like pats and chargers will both win. Going to come right down to the wire this year. We just have to win.

14. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Waaaaaaait

15. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    I never doubted Tannehills toughness.. he was carted out, probably has a high grade ankle sprain and he just snuck the ball in for the game tying touchdown with 48 seconds left..

resnor likes this.
  16. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    OMG!!! the Raiders win with a back-pass INT by a WR I have NEVER seen before!!! Pats lose!!!

17. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Okay that throw by Herbert was next level ****

Sceeto and resnor like this.
  18. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Herbert bailed the chargers out with an amazing throw

resnor likes this.
  19. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    We just witnessed the dumbest play in NFL history by the Patriots.

KeyFin likes this.
  20. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Williams with the nice subtle push off. Great throw.

21. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Dumbest play ever — and there's no contest IMO — is Jim Marshall's wrong way TD. Guy picks up a fumble and runs into the wrong endzone lolol. But yes that NE pass is a candidate for 2nd dumbest play ever.

KeyFin likes this.
  22. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I swear that Bellicheat was helping out McDaniels by giving him a win today. No reason for that craziness, just head into overtime. Billy knows his team is going nowhere this season, so why not help an old friend out?

resnor likes this.
  23. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    So the WC race is down to us beating out NE and the Jets. We're ahead by 1 game. Other two WC spots are likely one of Cinci/Ravens and Chargers. NE has a tough schedule remaining: Bengals, Dolphins, Bills. Jets have the now hot Jaguars, Seahawks, Dolphins.

We're in the driver's seat here. I like it. First year HC making the playoffs would be a tremendous start regardless of other issues.

resnor and brandon27 like this.
  24. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Great throw but it was the WR making a play for me. No separation at all until a subtle push off then high points it. Even better play by Williams imho.

Got to love how the Pats lost, I’ve never seen that before and I’m still laughing about it now.

We are still 1 game out of the #5 seed, let’s just win out and see how it finishes.

resnor likes this.
  25. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    That's at Seattle too. No picnic for the Jets.

26. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    So is it your take that we’re a sh1tty team that just got lucky with the Bills…or am I misunderstanding your post?

27. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada

This was the first BLATANT PI no call on the Jills.

They didn’t show any replays on the other 3 Brutal PI no calls. Including the one on Waddle in the 4th quarter

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    mlb1399 likes this.
  28. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    I actually think that idiot Sanchez called it a drop as well.

29. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    It looks like the switch is on for Trevor Lawrence - he’s starting to play like a #1 pick. Jets will have their hands full with that game.

30. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I forgot the game was Saturday night (don't judge me :console:) so I had to catch up with the highlights. I thought I was watching highlights from the Bills feed and it was about halfway through when I realised that I wasn't.

31. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    The only reason belichick still coaches is for the all time wins list.. his stubborness to do it without Brady is going to keep him coaching while on a wheelchair. I read he is 78-86 without Brady, which compares to Wannstedts 82-87 all time record as head coach

32. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Bill the coach is still great. Bill the GM is not.

33. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016
  34. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    I must have watched that patriots/raiders ending about 1000 times now.. i just wish it was Brady that got stiffed armed by Jones.. i would have screenshot that moment and framed it.

RGF, Fishhead and KeyFin like this.
  35. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016
    How good are your Photoshop skills, lol?

RGF likes this.
  36. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Just thinking about that scenario made my day.

37. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Well if it puts a smile on your face, over the course of his career in New England, Tom Brady and the Patriots SUCKED against the Dolphins in Miami during the month of December. No matter how good the Patriots were…no matter how bad the Dolphins were…when I saw New England playing Miami in Miami in December, I had always bet on the Dolphins to win…in which Miami was 8-2 if my calculations are correct.

resnor and RGF like this.
  38. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Oh, I know all about it. My brother is a DIE HARD Patriots fan and I bring those stats up quite often. :smile:

resnor and The_Dark_Knight like this.