1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 16 Flex....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Dallas - Washington is the Sunday night game that week. I assume that NBC will want to move that game based on Dallas tanking and Washington not being a player. If Miami-NE got moved, this game deserves to be moved as well...rivalry or not.

Right now there are only a couple attractive games on the schedule...

Houston @ Miami
    Jets @ Indy
    Denver @ Philly

What are the odds we get Flexed into that game?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

dunno, brian dawkins returns to philly will look good to the national media

jetssuck, The Aqua Crush and GISH like this.
  3. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    That game won't move. Too many fans across the map and a heated rivalry.

4. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    And hopefully the texans lose next week which makes ours less attractive but better for us lol. We want the Texans to keep falling back, their hopes are slim but the slimmer the better. We should be hungrier.

TiP54 likes this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    If ever there was a game to get flexed out to 4PM from Prime-time, it ought to be Dallas-Washington.

6. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    WOW. NBC kept Panthers-Vikings in next week but took away the amazing Dolphins-Patriots game? So...you're showing a team who clinched the playoffs vs a team who is eliminated from the playoffs? Who is working there? Hey I dont mind, we won and got the last laugh. And they also admitted their mistake. Now hopefully the Phins make everyone admit one more mistake...assuming the Patriots would easily take the division.

7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Denver @ Philly
    looks like this one if thats the ones to pick from the media seems to love Mcnabb and Vick atm. Denver might need the win to stay alive in wild card spot.

8. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    You confuse "good game with important implications" with "TV Ratings"

9. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Yeah I don't think they will flex us in. They will probably keep it because it's Dallas or like others mention Denver and Philadelphia game.

10. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Pennington's Rocket Arm New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    There's absolutely no way in hell they would get rid of Dallas/Washington for Miami/Houston. Not a chance at all.

gafinfan likes this.
  11. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Jets / Indy and Denver / Philly are both far more attractive.

Our best shot at a flex is Week 17 if Pittsburgh wins their next two.

12. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    if all teams win this week, in order:

DEN-PHI (best game, playoffs DIV and WC)
    NYJ-IND (playoffs and undefeated)
    DAL-WAS (playoffs WC and DIV) -- unfortunately DAL has a wider audience
    HOU-MIA (playoffs WC and DIV)

so, i see almost no chance MIA gets flexed ... the only 2 candidates are PHI & IND

13. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    lets see jets and indy is a possibility only due to the fact that indy will still be undefeated for that game,on the other hand most of indy's starters won't be playing that game so we have a goo chance that a undeafeted gets beat.

denver at philly...im hoping denver tanks it against the raiders and knocks themselves out of playoffs and this game is shaping up to be a defensive football game without alot of points scored

finally houston at miami...the score has been decided by 3 points or less just about everytime we play them and games against houston usually end up on replay by nlf network.also we have never beaten houston.

will be a tough decision regardless lets just hope brett farve isnt playing that day.

14. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Yeah, Washington/Dallas is huge for ratings, no matter how bad the teams are.

15. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Welp this anwser the question.
    Reported by Arch-Duke Florio III:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/cowboys-redskins-remains-in-prime-time/

HOORAY FOR TV RATINGS!!! DOWN WITH GOOD FOOTBALL!

16. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Also to note, each network has the option to protect certain games. So if there is just one game that looks more attractive, the network who has rights to that game can protect it from being flexed.

A flex is usually more possible when there are several good games and a network has to decide to keep one and let one get flexed. That doesn't look the case here. My guess would be Dall/Wash keeps the spot.

steveincolorado likes this.
  17. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    I missed that. What did they say?

18. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    they are not going to flex us in...

19. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    There's no way that NBC will flex a Cowboys game out of the schedule, especially a Cowboys game that's in the division. Outside of the Vikings and Favre, there's not a team that gets them better ratings, except for maybe the Patriots and Brady.

20. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    At the time Miami got flexed too I don't think we had played Buffalo either so if we had taken care of business it would have been for first place in the AFCE, not to mention the history of the good games between the Patriots and Dolphins. When I saw the eliminated Panthers staying on Sunday night I thought the same thing, but they're playing Favre... It works out for me though because I'm thinking I'll get the Miami and Tennessee game in North Carolina, and not miss the Panthers game who I like to watch and cheer for in the NFC.