1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 17: Dolphins vs Patriots

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Serpico Jones, Jan 1, 2023.

1. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    You mean Bridgewater 7 years ago?

2. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    3 first round picks and 50 million for a sexual predator who is playing worse than Jacoby Brissett. If only we had a time machine to get in on that!

KeyFin likes this.
  3. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I'm happy Tua will be our QB for the foreseeable future for two reasons. One, he has the talent to lead us where we want to go ( injuries and all), and two, I really want to pi$$ off the troll haters.. Their crying amuses me. .

KeyFin, Striking and Tuanon4Life like this.
  4. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    They're back on the we should have got Watson train? You guys are clowns.

Tuanon4Life and Fireland like this.
  5. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    You can look at 2021 comparison differences where Bridgewater had a higher DVOA, PFF, & QB rating.

Oh damn. I forgot. Other seasons don't count because Tua wasn't able to inflate his numbers as much.

resnor likes this.
  6. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I would take Jimmy G

7. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    It never would have been 50m if they made the trade when they could.

But again, very weird year for him. Watson actually already played very well today. Do you disagree he won't bounceback? Do you disagree he doesn't have an ELITE sample size of NFL seasons? How much you want to bet Watson has a longer career than Tua in the NFL?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    resnor likes this.
  8. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Please please please cut him!!

Phin McCool and resnor like this.
  9. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    The QB market would have demanded it be pretty close especially since you can't trade for him and not keep him so he has all the leverage.

I have no idea if he will bounce back. That is a lot to go through mentally and that is very relevant.

You have now moved the goal posts to it would be good to trade 3 first round picks and 50 million to guy just because he will be in the league longer than Tua?

10. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    What? They would have made the trade with his current contract. It only went up to 50m after the Dolphins dropped out and a bidding war began, and Browns blew everyone out of the water to get him.

Watson already bounced back and played well today. Franchise QB is most important thing on the field. It's 3-4x more valuable than anything else on the field including WR. So I'd rather have that than Hill who BTW beat his child.

11. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Watson bounced back! He's back! 9-18 today!

KeyFin likes this.
  12. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    You forgot the 3 TDs, 31 rush yards, 0 INTs, and 122.5 QB rating.

dolphin25 likes this.
  13. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    He completed 9 passes. Wentz was horrible. He gave them the ball back over and over.

Watson!!! He's back!

14. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Great passes though. He threw for 3 TDs with 0 ints, 200 total yards. 122.5 QB rating. You OK dog? That's playing well.

dolphin25 likes this.
  15. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    He always wanted a new contract as part of the deal. Not just because of the Browns. Dolphins would have had to pay him.

He was 9/18 for 169 yards. Real elite.

16. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    200 total yards??! Woaaahh

Fireland likes this.
  17. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Wrong. There was no talk of that when the Dolphins were about to make the trade. He badly wanted to be a Dolphin and work with Flores. The contract stuff only came out after the Dolphins moved on and it became a bidding war w/ multiple teams.

And 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and 200 total yards. 122.5 QB rating. Yes. That's playing well.

18. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Yeah. It's like some of Tua's best games without all the TDs if that helps.

resnor likes this.
  19. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Because the Dolphins were never about to make the trade so why would they talk contract? Oh yeah he would want less money to be a Dolphin. Sounds believable.

Would you say 9/18 for 169 yards is good if it was a QB you didn't like?

20. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    This Patriots team is Utter Trash. That's what's so depressing.
    Dolphins literally IMPLODED and handed them the win. Unbelievable level of SUCKAGE starting after the NE FG that made it 14-10. That stretch of play Personified McDaniel's tenure.
    Our secondary was down to 'guys that get the carts at the grocery store'. That Crossen guy is Not an NFL player.
    TeddyB throwing that pick, when he did, and the team tried VERY LITTLE to tackle the Pats defender, broke the team's back.
    Thompson being as bad as he was shocked me. He needs to be shown the Fkn Door ASAP!!

The way this team has crapped its pants Every Fkn Week...
    I dont know how you chalk this up to just 'inexperience' on McD's part. This team has NO CHARACTER!!
    The 'Positivity Model' has been a DISASTER!

Football Demands DISCIPLINE!! NOT CODDLING FAILURE!!

resnor likes this.
  21. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA

QB for the foreseeable future would be a big mistake. That's right up Grier's alley though. He loves some injury prone players. He's not as good as you're trying to make him out to be here. I dot not agree that he has the talent to take us where we need to go. He's a slightly above average QB with a weak arm and an inability to stay healthy. Not just talkin about this year either.

He's played really well at times, but that was more scheme than his ability IMO. I'd rather have a QB on this team that can take us to the next level and with this offense this year Tua couldn't do that and couldn't stay on the field even when we were on a record pace offensively. That's a troubling sign.

I couldn't care less about troll haters, crying fans etc. If that's what you're worried about, OK great. For me, personally I want the best players we can find that can win us games. We can certainly upgrade Tua. I like the kid, but if you can't be available on Sundays what we get are games like today, and all the others we lost without him. So I'm not going to praise the guy for that, because your best ability in the NFL is availability. Tua lacks that, along with arm strength to make the throws you need to make to consistently win in this league. We saw that clearly in our losing streak down the stretch here when SF took away the timing and easy one read offense McDaniel has set up for him. So haters, trolls, crybabies be damned, we don't need them anyways. But I don't want to roll the dice longterm on a QB to hopefully shut them up, I want to find the QB that shuts them up for good. Tua hasn't shown enough and cant stay on the field. You can't make him the QB for the foreseable future. Pick up his 5th year option and bring in someone good to compete. If he performs next year and stays healthy OK then lets talk long term. If not, step aside and lets find the next guy.... again.

hitman8, resnor and Hooligan like this.
  22. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Clown

Fireland likes this.
  23. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Clown

24. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    It wasn't about less money. The Browns offer wasn't on the table because it didn't exist. They weren't involved. He only wanted to go to the Dolphins when they were in negotiations.

With 31 rushing yards, 3 TDs, 0 ints. That's a game where the QB played well. When has Tua thrown 3 TDs/0 INTs and I said that wasn't a good game?

resnor likes this.
  25. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I used other stats too. The publicly available advanced ones (PFF, DVOA, ect...) aren't available yet. You are a troll. Consistently lose arguments, and troll with personal attacks.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    Sceeto and resnor like this.
  26. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Because there weren't any offers. There was no talk of money because they never made the decision to try and get him.

No you say the defense is bad so it doesn't count. Did you say it was good vs Browns who give up the same amount of passing yards per game as Washington?

27. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Wait what? The Dolphins never tried to get Watson?

I never said it didn't count. I said it's inflated his overall numbers. If Tua played a full season, against better teams, had to play through injuries, ect...His numbers would be in a far less elite place, but we'll never know, because Tua can't actually stay healthy a full year.

28. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    I am saying they never go the point where they were going to get him which is when you would talk to Watson about potential contract. We don't really know how serious discussion got. Its also not like giving him 40 million the Texans were giving him is any better as he appears to not be worth anywhere near that either.

29. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I disagree. They were very much past the point where they were going to get him. Everything was done. Ross just had to sign off on it, but Watson wouldn't/couldn't settle the civil cases in time. I mean that was always the risk in these talks. That Watson would settle the cases, many more teams would get involved, and the price would skyrocket. That's pretty much exactly how it all played out. The Browns got involved and threw a very stupid offer that teams are still pissed about for raising QB salaries.

dolphin25 likes this.
  30. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    We don't know if a new deal would have been apart of it or not but it doesn't change they would still be investing a lot money even if they didn't give him a new contract. 4 years 175 extension from Texans doesn't look appealing either.

31. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Yeah, they're being exposed one at a time here. There's one here I KNOW is a Jets troll.

KeyFin likes this.
  32. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    It's a bargain if you get the QB he's been most of his career.

33. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    No thanks, I don’t care how good he is at throwing the football. If he had all those indiscretions, I’m out not matter if Tua is made of glass or not.

resnor likes this.
  34. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Umm, Tua topped that stat line in a 4th quarter this season. Something to maybe think about.

35. Alan in England

Alan in England Active Member

Oct 31, 2017
    I predicted weeks ago that an 8-9 finish was likely. Looks like I will be right. What a car crash of an organisation Miami is .From the owner right down to the useless kicker.

36. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    How many games is that this year that we've lost by 3 or less and he's missed at least one FG? I've not checked stats but from memory, I'd say possibly three but definitely two.

Edit: OK, just checked and none of the above is correct, it's funny how your memory plays tricks on you when you're fuming, LOL. But he has missed in crucial situations where we've lost a close contest and which could have caused the outcome of the game to have been different in our favour. I still agree that we should get rid though.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    dolphin25 likes this.
  37. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    That's fine. You out on Tyreek Hill too?

resnor likes this.
  38. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Why was staletacos post wanting to start a "C.T.E. chant" when Tua returns to the field deleted?

39. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I don’t know anything about Hill’s past. Did he have 33 accusations of sexual misconduct?

40. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    No. But he did punch his 3 year old along with choking and punching his pregnant girlfriend. Just wondering where you draw the line?

resnor likes this.