Week 3: vs. Bills

137 replies

PHPHINANALYSTForum Veteran
Sep 23, 2015, 06:59 PM

we may have improved the overall talent on this team, but the performance during these first 2 weeks - would not lead anyone to believe that to be true.

our DL has gotten gashed both games in the 1st half, we have no 2d starting caliber CB, we have no running game, and our qb still can't make decisions .... not to mention our DC + OC have not shown anything ....

just not what was expected this year ... it is a long season, but this most definitely is not a playoff caliber team ....

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Sep 23, 2015, 07:23 PM

"cdnfinfan wrote:

go back and read what I said man...**** you guys are so quick to argue you don't even take the time to read what ppl ACTUALLY say.

I said EVERYONE seems to be doing different EXCEPT the dolphins I even put a ****ing sad face smily!!!I was making a general statement about all NFL teams(except miami lol) YOU were the one that ASSUMED I was talking about Miami

I was saying how Jacksonville and Washington are not necessarily the same teams that they were a year ago.

Careful now...they'll be telling you to "learn to read" so they don't look wrong.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Sep 23, 2015, 07:25 PM

"cdnfinfan wrote:

I went back and decided to watch and read pregame thoughts of this game by various NFL sources and alot of them actually were giving lots of praise to Jacksonvilles offense and how they were on the come up and will surprise ppl.
how they had talent on the team and that they were"trending up"

after these first two games fans need to realize that REGARDLESS of what happened last year in the NFL things can change quickly in the offseason(well, for other teams not the dolphins :sad:)

how much turnover do we get every year with playoff teams?
so teams are just expected to lie down and stay ****ty forever?

why can't teams like Washington and Jacksonville get better while teams like Indy and Baltimore get worse?

we need to stop thinking that LAST YEARS team is the same as THIS YEAR.

Did you also go back and watch and read pregame comments that the Dolphins defense would have a field day against the Jags OL which had given up at least 4 sacks in the previous 8 games and gave up the most sacks in the league in 2014.

By the way, they gave up more than 4 sacks the previous week against the Carolina Panthers. Also,over 95% of so called experts picked the Dolphins to win last Sunday and they were the biggest road favorite in Las Vegas. So obviously there were a lot of people who thought the Jags were a bad team.

I still think when the season is over, the Jags will only win 4-5 games and will end up with a worst record than both the Colts and Ravens.

Perhaps what we should not have been fooled into believing was that this Dolphins team was going to be any different than the three previous teams under this coaching staff. They have consistently lost games when they had the better team and even though they will probably beat a few teams this year who will end up making the playoffs. They will probably once again continue their up and down play of the past three seasons and end the season 8-8 again.

My views may been seen as negative, but it is extremely difficult to be positive about the organization as long as it has Philbin and this coaching staff leading this team.

7777FinFanSupporter
Sep 23, 2015, 07:27 PM

I think we will need some strong special teams play to win this one. Good solid returns, maybe even a long one even if it's not a TD, and good coverage on both punts and kickoffs. This is Rexy so I'll call it now; he'll try some ST shenanigans and hopefully this time Rizzi has our guys prepared.

Rock SextonRock SextonForum Veteran
Sep 23, 2015, 08:00 PM

"jw3102 wrote:

Perhaps what we should not have been fooled into believing was that this Dolphins team was going to be any different than the three previous teams under this coaching staff. They have consistently lost games when they had the better team and even though they will probably beat a few teams this year who will end up making the playoffs. They will probably once again continue their up and down play of the past three seasons and end the season 8-8 again.

My views may been seen as negative, but it is extremely difficult to be positive about the organization as long as it has Philbin and this coaching staff leading this team.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Sep 23, 2015, 08:33 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Miami offense was better off with Hartline and Wallace, stats say so.

what were their stats the first two games of last year



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

ITItsdahumidityForum Veteran
Sep 23, 2015, 10:16 PM

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/646844040772612097

1/4/16 - Chris Grier : "The talk of dysfunction within the organization is over."
Today - Me & every other Dolfan : "Lies!!!"

Kud_IIKud_IIForum Veteran
Sep 23, 2015, 10:16 PM

Message to OL: Please don't let Tannehill die.

Bills 21
Fins 17. :no:

Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.

Kud_IIKud_IIForum Veteran
Sep 23, 2015, 10:21 PM

"Phins Up Wins Up wrote:

This team will get beat by the Bills and Jets. 1-3

I think the Jets is 50/50 game at this point. I'll know more whether or not Buffalo decapitates us..

Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.

BIBillsFanShaunB909New Member
Sep 23, 2015, 10:34 PM

Man... You guys are more depressed about your team than us... Sheesh, were the team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15+ years, and the last time we did was the music city miracle. It's possible you guys are just coming off the a slow start. Then again, your time is running out. I really think you guys need to be 4-2 the first 6 weeks to have a good chance of making the playoffs. The last 10 games are brutal. At least you guys have a Franchise Qb.

I still am surprised you got rid of 2 of your top WRs. Is it Sunday yet?? I just want this game to be over with already -_-

CBcbradForum Veteran
Sep 23, 2015, 10:45 PM

"BillsFanShaunB909 wrote:

Man... You guys are more depressed about your team than us...

Lose to the Jaguars and you'll understand.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Sep 23, 2015, 10:46 PM

"BillsFanShaunB909 wrote:

Man... You guys are more depressed about your team than us... Sheesh, were the team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15+ years, and the last time we did was the music city miracle. It's possible you guys are just coming off the a slow start. Then again, your time is running out. I really think you guys need to be 4-2 the first 6 weeks to have a good chance of making the playoffs. The last 10 games are brutal. At least you guys have a Franchise Qb.

I still am surprised you got rid of 2 of your top WRs. Is it Sunday yet?? I just want this game to be over with already -_-

Those last 10 aren't looking too scary lately...sure it's too early to tell and the first few weeks are usually wonkey across the league...but compared to two weeks ago, those 10 aren't nearly as daunting. Philly looks like a division III team...the 'boys lost Romo and Bryant for a while (lucky Cheatriots, as usual)...Indy's looking vulnerable, as are the Giants and Ravens...3 tough games in there (2 Cheatriots, 1 Bills)...not too worried about the rest, unless we're seeing the full measure of the 2015 Dolphins, in which case it'll be over BEFORE those 10 games.

And I don't understand why y'all are depressed. We have 2 Bills fans where I work, and they're the same...constantly worried. Those 15 years have notta to do with this year, and y'alls arrow is pointing up IMO. You just ran into a Marcia Brady that is playing at an uber level with a chip on his shoulder. And it seemed like Belicheat knew what your D was going to do before your players did. And in case you didn't know, Rex Ryan ALWAYS wins at Miami against this coaching staff...it's just what he does. I'll be shocked if he doesn't do at least a fake punt and succeeds at it.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 23, 2015, 11:39 PM

"cdnfinfan wrote:

the positivity by dolphins fans is so uplifting!!

I assume most of you will be watching this game from your fallout shelters?

Don't be ridiculous. I'll probably watch it standing on a a chair chugging down my last beer. Maybe the ceiling fan will hold this time around.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Sep 23, 2015, 11:50 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Miami offense was better off with Hartline and Wallace, stats say so.

Sample size, man.

I understand and completely feel the disappointment, but we all must remember that we've only played two damn games. Nothing around the NFL is a definite at this point. Way too early.

Sep 23, 2015, 11:51 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. I'll probably watch it standing on a a chair chugging down my last beer. Maybe the ceiling fan will hold this time around.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Lose a few, fatty.

Sep 24, 2015, 01:18 AM

To watch this game I will need a bottle tequila and 2 bullets. :surrender:

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Sep 24, 2015, 01:27 AM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. I'll probably watch it standing on a a chair chugging down my last beer. Maybe the ceiling fan will hold this time around.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Can Toddphins come over?

He can call 911 after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Sep 24, 2015, 01:29 AM

**** all you pessimistic mother****ers. We win this.

(I said this before the Jags too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kud_IIKud_IIForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2015, 02:29 AM

"BillsFanShaunB909 wrote:

Man... You guys are more depressed about your team than us... Sheesh, were the team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15+ years, and the last time we did was the music city miracle. It's possible you guys are just coming off the a slow start. Then again, your time is running out. I really think you guys need to be 4-2 the first 6 weeks to have a good chance of making the playoffs. The last 10 games are brutal. At least you guys have a Franchise Qb.

I still am surprised you got rid of 2 of your top WRs. Is it Sunday yet?? I just want this game to be over with already -_-

Stark Contrast between you and that Bills fan that was here Monday with his smack talk. A Bills fan showing empathy to Fins fans? Now I know we're in deep doo-doo. Lol. Just kidding.

Should definitely be an interesting one Sunday. I don't know how they plan to get our OL to hold up. I guess our only chance is Tannehill finding his receivers and getting the ball out quick... and maybe our defense showing up for the first time this season... That's the only way I see the game being a close contest.

Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 24, 2015, 06:22 AM

"Bpk wrote:

Can Toddphins come over?

He can call 911 after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, after what exactly?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

jdallen1222jdallen1222Forum Veteran
Sep 24, 2015, 09:21 AM

"Itsdahumidity wrote:

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/646844040772612097

That is gonna look great on my wall, over the stadium seat.

🎃

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 24, 2015, 11:01 AM

Neither outcome would surprise me. This is still the same mediocre team. They will beat some teams they shouldn't, lose to some teams they shouldn't, split the difference and go 8-8. Buckle in for another roller coaster ride of ups and downs this season ending in a log flume of liquid diarrhea.

PHPhins Up Wins UpNew Member
Sep 24, 2015, 11:25 AM

I will be at this game in person to watching the Bills thrashing of the Miami Dolphins. My cousin is a Bills fan. He is going to have plenty to talk to me about.

SUSuhMeNew Member
Sep 24, 2015, 11:28 AM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

The Bills are going to kill us. Our offensive line is excrement, our defensive line is overrated and our DBs, aside from Grimes, are horrible. They are going to Sodomize the Dolphins and Tanneyhill will be lucky to make it out of the game still walking.

Lmao, that's what those punk b****** were saying last year when we went into their house on Thursday night and whipped that ass without Albert and an overall inferior team on paper to the one we have today. Sure they have improved as well, but the loss of Orton hurts, dude was seriously under rated and I don't care what anyone thinks about that, I know it's true. Tyrod btw had a unbelievably terrible pick last game, and played pretty s**** overall. If we contain him, we win. Tannehill is light years ahead of Tyrod as a passer and it will be the difference in the game. I'm expecting Parker to get some more action too, he should be ready to roll and he's the future of this franchise.

Sep 24, 2015, 11:30 AM

Miami should be jazzed up for this game and there could be a little flatness by the Bills. I thought maybe the Bills would start flat in a game like this but after seeing what they did against NE, I think it more likely they start hot but then fall flat as the game wears on. Miami tends to be a second half team so that fits well.

The thing I'm most worried about really is having the horses to get the job done. There are a lot of injuries and hurts on the team right now. Albert's not going to play and that means Jerry Hughes faces Jason Fox. Meanwhile Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas will face Marcell Dareus and Kyle D. Williams, a very scary proposition. And you know Mario Williams will get the better of Ja'Wuan James a few times. Lamar Miller is banged up and I don't know how his ability to be a mismatch in the passing game will be affected. Jordan Cameron may not play at all.

The reason this is all a concern is NE got the job done against that defense by spreading them out very wide, including a lot of empty backfield sets, looking for Dion Lewis, Rob Gronkowski and Julian Edelman in mismatch situations. I believe we can find Rishard Matthews and Jarvis Landry in mismatch situations, but without Jordan Cameron and with Lamar Miller banged up, and with an overmatched OL, I don't think we can attack with the same equation. And if we start changing things to be more cluster oriented, I think that plays into the hands of Rex Ryan's schemes with his Bear fronts, overload blitzes and zone drops.

We will get SOMETHING done against that defense. We won't be able to do what NE did. The question will be whether the offense can contain Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy. The latter is imperative. They will spread us out to run the football and that plays to Shady's strengths. They will also sneak the ball to the perimeter and force our corners to be physical. I know Grimes is very physical but he's also very small. McCain is very small without the benefit of being very physical. We will need to get this run defense thing figured out this week because shutting down Shady is the way you get to Tyrod, because he's not a sophisticated passer that can run a timing and accuracy based attack. Everything he did against NE was on the scramble drill. And he definitely feels phantom pressure, can be made to panic in the pocket.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com