Week 5 - Dolphins @ Buccaneers - Game Thread
168 replies
3 and out sealing this one. Miami needs a complete overhaul but we know this. Nothing looks professional.
I'm not wearing a Dolphins shirt next week. Too ashamed.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
The defense is a mess, has been for most of the year. I don't know what Flores changed, but the lack of effort is on full display today. I'd like to see the offense keep attacking deep, but they'll never catch up with the defense giving up points every drive.
We'll have to see how the rest of the year goes, but I'd be in favor of starting over if Tua shows nothing much when he comes back and especially if he misses more time with injuries.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
This team is a hot mess sadly…
Rest of the year should be about developing Tua, the young offensive line, Jaylen Waddle and Jaelan Phillips.
They will have to be the core to build around. I don't care about anyone else. Nobody else's job should be safe.
Time to fire everyone in the whole entire organization. Team is historically bad. We win no more than 4 games.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.
I predicted a 41-10 loss to the Bucs, but it looks like 51-17 at this point. The team just giving up is on Flores. Players should fear not giving solid effort and getting benched or cut as a result, let alone showing a lack of respect for the coach.
The Jags game is going to tell us whether Flores has lost the locker room.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
We don’t even have our own first round pick. This is going to be terrible. Jaguars will kick our asses next week.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.
"Destroyer wrote:
Time to fire everyone in the whole entire organization. Team is historically bad. We win no more than 4 games.
Yeah, but with that top 5 pick we can.... Oh, yeah.... thanks Grier. :glare:
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
Waddle looking like top 10 pick…
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
Rest of the year should be about developing Tua, the young offensive line, Jaylen Waddle and Jaelan Phillips.
They will have to be the core to build around. I don't care about anyone else. Nobody else's job should be safe.
None of the players you've mentioned have shown enough to declare them cornerstones for the future, and don't give me the it's too early crap. I see lots of rookies come in to light up the league and show their talent right away, while we are always somehow trying to be patient waiting for them to show up...
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
Rest of the year should be about developing Tua, the young offensive line, Jaylen Waddle and Jaelan Phillips.
They will have to be the core to build around. I don't care about anyone else. Nobody else's job should be safe.
I'm doubtful about building around Tua. Unless he comes back, plays well, and stays healthy? I am looking at other options. Which won't be easy given we won't have the benefit of our own high first rounder.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
"hitman8 wrote:
Non of the players you've mentioned have shown enough to declare them cornerstones for the future, and don't give me the it's too early crap. I see lots of rookies come in to light up the league and show their talent right away, while we are always somehow trying to be patient waiting for them to show up...
Phillips looks the most promising and I still like the Holland pick…
Romo making the argument why Grier should be fired.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Romo making the argument why Grier should be fired.
What did he say? Missed it…
We suck.
"Berezo wrote:
Defense flat out doesn’t care today.
very disappointing. I drank too much of that kool aid.
Laughing at anyone who thought Flores was a good hire.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.
"JJ_79 wrote:
What did he say? Missed it…
Basically that we had a million picks but didn’t come away with any difference makers.
"JJ_79 wrote:
What did he say? Missed it…
Basically stating he drafted zero stars with all our first round picks.
"JJ_79 wrote:
Phillips looks the most promising and I still like the Holland pick…
Phillips has been ok, but he's not lighting it up like some other rookie pass rushers are. His sack today came against a tight end, not that impressive.
"JJ_79 wrote:
What did he say? Missed it…
He was talking about all the draft picks we have made in the last two drafts and have yet to come out with a single star from any of those picks
"Deus ex dolphin wrote:
I'm doubtful about building around Tua. Unless he comes back, plays well, and stays healthy? I am looking at other options. Which won't be easy given we won't have the benefit of our own high first rounder.
Regardless of QB we're not going to succeed with any sort of building around anyone. This is primarily a leadership issue. Player changes are secondary.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"JJ_79 wrote:
What did he say? Missed it…
Basically they missed on Jackson and Igbiginogene.
"hitman8 wrote:
Phillips has been ok, but he's not lighting it up like some other rookie pass rushers are. His sack today came against a tight end, not that impressive.
I didn’t say he was good… :)