1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 5; Miami @ NY Jets (9/10/22- 1PM ET)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pennington's Limp Arm, Oct 5, 2022.

1. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Not to be a wiseass, but whose fault is this? The Miami organization put Tua back in the Bills game when he was clearly concussed and then they send him out on a short week against Cincinnati. I'm not sure how the fans in Miami see it but to me I blame you guys for all of this nonsense, including these ridiculous roughing the passer penalties.

resnor likes this.
  2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    If this crap keeps up, I just may boycott the NFL the rest of the season. These officials have gone into Pro Bowl officiating mode…where the quarterback is completely untouchable and it’s killing the game.

Next thing you know, defenses are going to be penalized for tackling.

Springveldt likes this.
  3. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Too late

4. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Not really. Do you have a better explanation?

5. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    lol..."Clearly concussed"?

*chortle

Please, do tell us laymen what your "clear" sign was. lmao

And if that's not funny enough you're blaming Miami fans for inept refs and kneejerk reactions from the NFL? Holy hell are you dumb.

resnor likes this.
  6. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    The NFL has a huge transparency problem and it's leading to mistrust from fans. It begins with game officials being free from public questioning and accountability. The fact that some teams can look at the schedule for officiating crews and tell that some have a historic trend toward either leniency or making nitpick calls against them should be troubling. These trends go back for years and are too obvious to be coincidental.

Now, the league and NFLPA have instituted a knee jerking overreaction to Tua's situation. Fans are financial stakeholders in the league and have a right to know who the spotters are and also understand the details of their directives. If they really did employ a lifelong NYC native to make a snap judgment from the booth that determined someone should not play the rest of the game (and worse yet, be placed in concussion protocol, affecting the preparations for the next game), there's little difference between the league and pro wrestling as far as objectivity is concerned.

dolphin25, resnor and hitman8 like this.
  7. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Well at least I see it from your guys'
    Well at least I now see it from Miami fans point of view, as disturbing as that may be. Yeah, Tua looked fine after that hit in the Bills game. Pretty as a peach.
    Keep sending him out there. You're doing the rest of the AFC East a favor.

resnor likes this.
  8. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Wilson clearly took a hard helmet hit on his goal line dive. Why did the Jets send him back out there when it "appeared" he got his bell rung.?
    Wasn't even tested just in case.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    He’ll be out there when he’s cleared to be out there, just like he was against the Bills and again against the Bengals. Blaming the Dolphins for the NFL’s inconsistent rule enforcement (everyone knows you can’t look cross eyed at Tom Brady without a penalty, it’s just being extended to others now) is ridiculous.

10. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    To be fair, Wilson never stumbled or showed instability, and he never reached for his head in pain like Tua did. Wilson got right up and started celebrating with no signs of instability, so it's not a comparable situation.

resnor likes this.
  11. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I was referring to Bridgewater. Same game, same player position , different rules apparently.

12. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Oh sorry, thought you were talking about Tua. In the case of Bridgewater I think he complained about rib and shoulder injuries. If he had just gotten up normally and not complained about any injuries I think he would have been fine. Wilson didn't show any signs of injury and never complained. I think QBs need to be more aware of not showing signs of injury or complaining about injury after a big hit if they want to stay in games.

resnor likes this.
  13. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    That's contrary to the apparent goal of the new policy. If anything, players need to be encouraged to make any and all injuries known to medical staff. A player shouldn't have to worry that reacting after a slight sprain or getting a stinger might be misinterpreted as a gross neurological event by a spotter, resulting in his missing the rest of the game and unable to participate in team activities for the next four days.

Pennington's Limp Arm and RGF like this.
  14. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Exactly.

15. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    If he complained about any pain or soreness thats not directly head related why was he forcibly removed from the game.? QB's go thru that almost every game in one form or another so now they have to be removed for "protocol" reasons. ?
    If not, then I still don't get why he wasn't allowed to continue. I watched several different angles of the play and I never saw him stumble, wobble, or anything else that's considered concussion related.

( and no need to apologize, its all good :knucks: )

resnor likes this.
  16. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I can only reiterate what's been reported from the OFFICIAL investigation by the NFL and the union...

The Dolphins did NOT violate and concussion protocol in evaluating Tagovailoa during the Bills game. Officially, he did NOT suffer a concussion during that game.

Tagovailoa was evaluated during the short week leading up the Bengals game. There was no physical concerns preventing him from starting.

The concussion Tua suffered during the Bengals game could have, and HAS happened to other NFL quarterbacks. In fact, the GREAT Joe Montana was taken off the field on a stretcher after suffering his 2nd or 3rd concussion in a game against the Giants and hospitalized overnight. I remember that game. Had social media and instant information been around during that time frame, everyone would be blaming Carmen Policy, Bill Walsh and the entire San Francisco 49ers organization for the ridiculous roughing the passer penalties being called.

So to point fingers at the Dolphins is ridiculous.

danmarino likes this.
  17. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    A photo of the spotter from Sunday's game below:
    [​IMG]

resnor likes this.
  18. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014

I'm still waiting for you to tell us what the "clear sign" was. I mean, neurologists, ACTUAL brain doctors, would never, in a million years, claim that they had a "clear sign" of a concussion in that instance. Hell, a neurologist who examined him said as much. Much less a doctor who watched it on TV. Yet, here you are claiming a "clear sign" of a concussion. Too funny...

In reality, he most likely was not concussed during the Bills game. The injury he suffered in the Bengals game has nothing to do with the Bills game. The mechanism of the Bengals injury was the type that would have knocked out any QB.

I'll tell you what...without looking up the word "concussion" tell me your definition of that word. ;)

dolphin25 likes this.
  19. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Oh, by the way... It looks like the union really does have it in for us now.

20. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    "Unsteadiness"

21. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    That's vague enough to describe 80% of players rising from the turf. Everybody's seen the video several times. They don't even care if we know they're full of crap. For saying it with a straight face, I'm thinking J.C. Tretter has a promising political career in the future.

dolphin25 likes this.
  22. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    What a bunch of crap. Just admit either a: you were punishing Miami or b: you made a mistake

dolphin25 likes this.
  23. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I guess now when a player gets a hard gut shot being tackled and is lying there for a brief moment with a “holy crap that hurt” moment, it’s going to be determined a possible concussion.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to see any player HURT HURT but damn it, this is FOOTBALL. It’s a MAN’S game that hurts.

Get rid of the flipping skirts already

24. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Didn't Teddy say that in the future, he'll get better at faking it if he feels a hard tackle? So now, you're going to have players intentionally playing through pain. I know they already do that, but now they're not going to want the spotter to yank them for the game because they stand up and shrug (no hyperbole intended).