1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 8: McNabb or Flacco ?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Alex13, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    not the sexiest matchups that they both have but at least both play at home
    Flacco against the broncos and McNabb against the giants , who do you start ?

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Flacco.

McNabb hasn't been playing as well.

3. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    I have the same problem..I'm going Flacco. McNabb has an equally nasty matchup against a team that shows up to ball. He's completing barely 50% of his passes......big disappointment so far. Flacco has defied logic and I hope he continues to do so...

4. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    I'm going with McNabb. NFC East game with a QB who knows what to expect. Not having Westbrook hurts because it allows the Giants to focus on the deep middle and their secondary is not great even if the numbers say they are. Because the Eagles have two players, the foot injuries are worrisome, that can go deep they should be able to get the coverages they want a few times which leaves it up to the line and McNabb to get the ball there.

Flacco has better numbers but with Mason likely being covered by Bailey they will have fewer opportunities to make big plays. I cannot count on Rice putting up 100 receiving every game. Plus if you look at Flacco's numbers you will see that he went from okay to very good based on a few plays and situations to name two a busted Mason TD and being down big to the Vikings/Rice monster game.

It is still a tough choice but I will go with what I know and McNabb to me is the safer option. He's never really had horrible games vs NYG and can sometimes put up very good numbers vs them including a 3 TD game last year.

5. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Hope ya listened. 8D

6. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Lol i did not, but I still won. Which of the two do you take this week?

7. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    McNabb looks to be a much easier start vs Dallas. In 3 of his 5 games he has 3 TDs and even in a poorly played Washington game could have had 3 as well. At home vs a known divisional opponent, one that is not producing a lot of sacks or turnovers, you can at least see the possibility of another 3td game. DM only has 1 INT on the year too. Over his career he looks to be slightly worse than he has been against the Giants for those who consider history when choosing players.

Flacco gets another shot at a surprising Bengals team which is coming off a bye on the road. Other than Mason and Rice you cannot expect many big plays from their passing game. Bengals defense is playing well and while they are not quite the pass rush threat any longer after losing Odom they still have playmakers in the secondary. Expect a better game this time around but unless there are missed tackles it is harder to see him outperforming McNabb this week.

8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I think McNabb is gonna tear it up this week.

Not even thinking twice about benching Shaub for him.