1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 8 Opponent: @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinFan1968, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    Nick Fairley just got injured for the Lions, we play them in 2 weeks looks like a knee

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Hopefully he misses our game but is back for when they play NE. Unfortunately, Reggie Bush and Megatron will probably be back when we play them.

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I see this as a close game Miami wins. Miami is the better team, but Jacksonville is better than their record at this point. I expect to see a ton of criticism after the game (even assuming we win) b/c people who don't look beyond the record will be upset Miami didn't blow them out. I am curious to see how we deal with the best DL (especially on the interior) we've faced since Buffalo. That's been a tough match-up for us. Can we handle it better with the return of Pouncey? I think that's an important match-up for us to monitor as it may foreshadow what we could face against Buffalo and the Jets later. I'd like to see RT continue to threaten the edges early with a few keeps on the read option. I think that sets the tone and slows down the DL pass rush for the whole game. It makes the pass game easier and also helps the run game with our backs as the DL keeps one eye on RT. It makes the OL's job easier as well. Making a DL hesitate is far and away the best way to negate a great DL.

Bpk and djphinfan like this.
  4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    The Jaguars defensive line reminds me a lot of the Bills DL. They are the type of DL which has caused headaches for the Dolphins OL in recent years.

I think the Jaguars defense will probably be effective in stopping the Dolphins running game and that will mean Tannehill is going to be forced to win the game with his arm. Hopefully the OL will have more success against the Jaguars DL than it has had against the Bills DL in recent games. If not, it just might be a long day for Tannehill and the entire offense.

I think it will probably be a defensive game today and the Dolphins are probably going to have to hold the Jaguars offensive to no more than 14 points for the Dolphins to come out on top today.

My prediction Dolphins 17 Jags 13.

5. Agreed

I see this as a by the skin of their teeth victory for the Fins.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Damn. We fell for the trickeration.

7. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Wow we just got super lucky that should have been 6 for the Jags...

8. Mitchellenman

Mitchellenman Active Member

Jul 7, 2014
    UK
    Thank f*** for that!!!