1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week Long Kick the **** out of the Patriots thread......

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Sep 12, 2016.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

WOOOOT. Its week two of the 2016 Miami Dolphins season, and who do we got?

The mother****ing New England Patriots.

So post your Patriots Shade here....all the great memories of us kicking the crap out of them...all week long!

[video=youtube;8Ki0j3GL2cY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ki0j3GL2cY[/video]

danmarino, Bpk, 3Pmi and 2 others like this.
  2. vt_dolfan

Its been unbearable already up here in the North East....Patriots fans literally now think they can probably run out Don Zimmer to play QB and they would still win this weekend. If ever they needed taken down a notch this weekend is it.

3. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    My Facebook feed is absolutely intolerable right now. Reading posts, you'd think that the Pats won 45-10 and Garappolo threw 5 tds.

MAFishFan, cbrad and Shane Falco like this.
  4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    [​IMG]

5. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    New England ran it 31 times for just 106 yards last night, and their RBs had just 78 yards. Our defense should hopefully be able to contain them the same way they did Seattle. We just need to figure out how to stop the damn screen pass.

6. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    They probably could. Their defense is still good, and our offense is a blight on all humanity.

7. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Most disappointing thing about the Pats yesterday was Garoppolo playing relatively well. I mean.. imagine Brady retiring and still having a competent QB?? Oh my.

SICK likes this.
  8. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    After watching them last night, I started wondering if they are better than Miami without their two best players and 4/5 of their OL. Just goes to show what great coaching can do and overcome.

9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Further proof that it's more to do with the system than Brady. And when I say system, I mean a system of cheating.

10. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I agree it's evidence Belichick is more valuable than some (including me) previously thought, assuming of course Garoppolo plays like this the next 3 games.

But I don't see evidence Belichick's success is to a great deal due to cheating. He's been caught doing some things that gave that team a slight advantage, maybe even helping them win an extra game over a season, but the great majority of that man's success so far at least seems like it's due to great coaching, not cheating.

I mean where are all the other teams in their ability to cheat if it's cheating? It's not like other teams aren't looking for a competitive advantage, and we're talking 15 years here, not 1.

MAFishFan, Tin Indian and DolphinGreg like this.
  11. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    We usually don't beat them in New England and I don't see that changing this season.

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    lol.

A coach with previously poor record, somehow becomes the bets ever winning with whatever POS QB he can get, gets caught multiple times for cheating and accused countless others, but you've seen no evidence?

13. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Impossible to quantify the impact of cheating. That is why cheating is so bad. The integrity of competition has been compromised.

vt_dolfan likes this.
  14. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Well I still think Brady is a major factor. I'm trying to figure out how all this fits together though after seeing Cassel and Garoppolo. It would be much easier to come to the conclusion it's Brady if Garoppolo fails.

But I need evidence, and the evidence so far for cheating doesn't suggest to me more than maybe 1 extra win per season. Who knows.. it's still fluid. But I didn't see any obvious cheating yesterday nor in most games they play. Like I said.. need evidence.

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Its also impossible to determine the depth of cheating.

Considering this team has been caught multiple times, I find it bizarre that anyone could make a case they haven't cheated way more and heinously than they have been caught for.

Why do people give them the benefit of the doubt?

16. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    They probably used illegal formations on 5+ plays last night.

vt_dolfan likes this.
  17. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I think it's up to the refs to catch those kinds of things.

And can you say with certainty other teams don't try stuff like that? What about Denver under Manning with the massive number of barely legal pick plays? That's way more than I see from NE for example.

I'm talking more about illegal videotaping etc.. or the worst would be like in soccer some teams bribing refs.

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What exactly have they done to garner the benefit fo the doubt form you in regards to cheating more than they've been caught for?

Here's facts:

- Belichick was not a good HC before.
    - Brady was a lowly regarded prospect.
    - They barely scrapped their way to the SB the first time, with numerous questionable calls along the way. Including the infamous tuck.
    - They've been able to win under any circumstance.....without QBs & star players, defensive deficiencies, etc.
    - They've been caught cheating more than once.
    - They've been accused of it constantly and in different ways.

Even their own player (Flutie) let slip a way they cheated (headphones in helmet). They are universally despised by other coaches and players. (Not because they always win either, as no other time in NFL history was a team hated this much that was winning. Or coach.)

If that's not enough evidence, then the only thing that will be is a hidden safe with detailed diagrams of all the cheating they've done with Belichick laughing manically whilst stroking a white cat, then says, "No Mr. Goodell, I expect you to die".

Pandarilla likes this.
  19. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I agree with all that except the "without a QB" part. Brady is elite as far as I can tell.

But to your point, yes I need that "hidden safe" type of evidence. And these things if they exist aren't that easy to cover up forever. The cheating scandals in soccer show that records usually still exist, even when all sides agree they'll destroy them or hide it.

Listen.. sometimes it takes YEARS before that kind of evidence surfaces. So I personally do hope we find something like that out and NE's SB have an asterisk next to them someday, but I can't do that now without the evidence.

20. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Then again I ask, what have they ever done to garner the benefit of the doubt from you?

21. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    No excuses from here on out. If you can hang with the Seahawks in their building then you ought to be able to handle what's on the schedule from here on. This is the type of game where the offense is going to need to come out and make amends for what it left on the field last week.

I believe Tannehill can be a factor. The Patriots are one the divisional opponent against which he's actually had a modicum of success (at times). Granted, he's never played particularly well up in NE but this is a game that either keeps Miami in the running and sets up a tight race within the division or it sends Miami to the back of the bus pretty early in the season.

22. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Just a general bias towards innocent till proven guilty in cases like this. I hate them as much as you do, just won't crucify them without the evidence.

DolphinGreg likes this.
  23. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    But they have been proven guilty...multiple times.

Shane Falco likes this.
  24. shadokp

shadokp Active Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Massachusetts
    New England Fans are unbearable. They feel they are entitled to win and most are expecting a Superbowl visit. They do believe Brady is the second coming and I think their success is more to Belichick and his "ways." When Brady comes back the fans will actually be worse and Brady will come out with another massive chip on his shoulder. I can't see them losing once he is back. Someday they will topple and I hope Miami is there to stomp on them.

Shane Falco likes this.
  25. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Yes.. for things I'd estimate have a MUCH smaller effect on overall W/L record and SB's than what they have.

26. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    And since they risked so much on something that you've randomly deemed having a small effect (with no reason or evidence btw), why would they not risk for a bigger effect?

You're basically saying Belichick is stupid for risking all that on nominal benefit.

27. vt_dolfan

Lord I want to see someone blow up Julian Edleman....blow his *** up. Guy is such a punk.....granted hes really good in this offense....but damn...I want to see him get decleated

Shane Falco likes this.
  28. vt_dolfan

[video=youtube;riFY4A6wXIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFY4A6wXIU[/video]

29. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Yeah we just have different thresholds for crucifying NE, or any team where it might seem plausible there's cheating. Plausible isn't evidence. I need the evidence. Not worth arguing over.

30. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    From past seasons, I don't think that's a realistic way of looking at things. Looking good in a loss to a tough opponent is no guarantee at all that you'll look good next time. We've done this sort of thing many times before and it's never translated into better play down the stretch.

31. josh

josh Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Any chance of Pouncy or Parker starting on Sunday? I hope Mario clears.

P.S. Tannehill took a freaking beating on Sunday. If he really doesn't have a concussion from that play where he was slow to get up, then I gotta give the MVP to his helmet!

32. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    How did their oline look? Will Parker play? Williams? Pouncey?

33. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Well, I sincerely hope you don't give your money to a Nigerian prince if one emails you, simply because you can't prove that specific person has screwed over anyone else.

34. DolphinGreg

Dec 7, 2014
    I know where you're coming from but I'm taking a step back. I watched from afar this offsets on and I'm going to look at this season very simply. Namely, are you establishing a foundation and are you building a culture.

I'm no longer tuning in for moral victories. I predicted 7-wins and I'm fine with that as long as I see a culture developing, some sort of chemistry.

35. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    The other teams have been caught cheating.

There is a reason why in many cases, parties caught cheating receive lifetime bans.

At this point we have evidence that indicates the Patriots are not morally opposed to cheating. The only obstacles are logistics.

Unlucky 13 and Fin D like this.
  36. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I actually emailed the FBI on the first one I got many years ago. You quickly learn the FBI cares only about stats and won't do much in those cases.

There are more sophisticated scams that are harder to detect by those same people (or somewhere in Africa), like posing as a legitimate place for foreign students coming to the US to study to stay. They post on the same message boards and post ads just like the legit ones. They promise to meet you at the airport and they never show after taking your money. Happened to a customer of my mom's business once.

At least in personal experience, the common link so far is Western Union. Anytime they ask for money through that it's a red flag.

Yup I agree.

37. Shane Falco

Shane Falco Banned

Nov 22, 2015
    did you see Hogan? Wes Welker v 2.0

Their starting WRs are all little speedy white dudes!! We didn't even want those dudes on our team.

And they are better than ours.

UGH!!!!

Pandarilla likes this.
  38. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    beat their ****ing ***** in

Shane Falco likes this.
  39. DolphinGreg

Dec 7, 2014
    I know where you're coming from but I'm taking a step back. I watched from afar this offsets on and I'm going to look at this season very simply. Namely, are you establishing a foundation and are you building a culture.

I'm no longer tuning in for moral victories. I predicted 7-wins and I'm fine with that as long as I see a culture developing, some sort of chemistry.

40. FasanoPaisano

FasanoPaisano Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Near People's Pizza
    Guys, I totally won't be surprised if our headsets mysteriously "go out", and our locker room "has bugs" in it this weekend. Not one bit surprised. I fully trust that New England has every home field advantage imagineable. We will need to be the vastly superior physical team this weekend to win.

Fin D and Shane Falco like this.