1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week one poll

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, Sep 2, 2014.

Week one winner?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2014.
  1. Miami

58.7%
  2. New England

41.3%
  1. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Filling out the picks for a football pool and I'm fighting being a fan.

Who will win this week?

It is public.

2. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    I just don't feel confident. I WANT us to win, but our track record versus NE is not so hot.

xphinfanx likes this.
  3. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    Same feeling here.:sad:

Ophinerated likes this.
  4. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Both teams have positions of uncertainty and insecurity, but the ones belonging to Miami are more central. Odds are clearly in favour of New England.

xphinfanx likes this.
  5. Danzilla

Danzilla New Member

May 6, 2010
    North Carolina
    I took MIAMI in my pool. I know that nobody in it will make that pick over NE. Gotta have faith!

xphinfanx and ElNino like this.
  6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Going with New England in game 1. with us winning the 2nd matchup in December.

xphinfanx likes this.
  7. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Imo...

This is as good a time to bet your heart with the Phins...I dont think ull see nearly as good odds next season..

xphinfanx likes this.
  8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I picked the Dolphins in my pools like I've done every single game for the past 20 years.

#homer

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Yup. I know it's a homer pick, but hey, the reward is sweeter if it works out. Picked Miami in my pool too. Hell it's week 1, anything can happen.

xphinfanx likes this.
  10. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Come on everyone...we beat them at home last year and we are gonna do it again this year....our pass rush is gonna turn Tommy into a titty baby again!! All Dolfans stand up and shout and root for the Fins with 100% Confidence !!!!

xphinfanx likes this.
  11. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I took Miami because I feel the heat and humidity at a 1pm start time for a change is going to make a huge difference. You can condition all you want but if you aren't used to it, it will hit you like an open oven at 400 degrees.

It's about time that Ross started putting games back at 1 early in the year. That is our weather advantage just like the cold and snow is to a northern team later in the year.

I expect Revis to have a big impact on this game though.

xphinfanx likes this.
  12. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Ok...I'll be the one who says the obvious...I'm a homer...I voted Miami...even tho the odds are not good, even if Tanny plays well, the OL is 'fixed' and everything goes right, the pasties simply have a better team right now...but I'll still go Miami and gloat about it if we do beat them....

Tin Indian and xphinfanx like this.
  13. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Miami 27, NE 17
    Book it.

xphinfanx and Larryfinfan like this.
  14. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Regardless, it will come down to the last few drives, that's the only fact I have faith in.

xphinfanx likes this.
  15. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Of course I want Miami to win, just like I have in every game they have played since 1967.

If I were betting money on this game though...Tom Brady 148 wins and 43 losses, career W-L record. 'Nuff said.

xphinfanx likes this.
  16. vt_dolfan

I am so without a doubt....SHOUT IT OUT....a Dolphins homer its not even funny.

The fact Ive seen teams have amazing seasons...even when they appeared to suck to high heavens during the offseason...means I will always believe our team is gonna win.

But...

You know one thing about this team. I LIKE THEM. These are guys I really feel like I can root for. I love Branden Alberts attitude...dude believes in his heart nobody is gonna touch Ryan Tannehill. Jawauan James has that same kind of attitude as a rookie. Our defense finally...FINALLY has a personality...love what Delhas and Finnegan are bringing. How can you not root for Grimesy....and Im seriously lovin me some Miko...Id pay what ever to sit next to her at a Phins game...Brent sure got lucky with her. Jarvis Landry...when his career is done I think we might look back in awe like we do with Clayton and Duper. Big Play Clay....dude is a gamer.

I think the personality of this team is different then we have had before and THATS the biggest reason I think we turn the corner this season.

I really want this team to do well....more so then any other year..because I want to root for this team for many years to come.

17. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I really like Miami.I just wouldn't bet on them.

xphinfanx likes this.
  18. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    115F is enough to drain any opponent in Miami the 1st game of the season. Very happy to see it's N.E.
    Was getting tired of them coming here in mid Oct. and being on MNF when it's somewhat cooler and no sun.

All I can envision is Delmas creeping up to the LOS, pulling out his mouth piece and blinding Brady with that gold grill of his.

I feel we win this one.....

xphinfanx likes this.
  19. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Agree 110%. I think the events of last season led everyone to do some soul searching during the offseason and I think they came out of it stronger. There is a different aura this year, Philbin included.

The camaraderie and togetherness appears to be really strong as well.

20. vt_dolfan

Another cool thing...if we can beat the Patriots..

We will be going up to Buffalo with one HELL of a chip on our shoulder.

21. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    This is the way we need to start the season!