1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to Courtroom Football!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Welcome-to-Courtroom-Football.html

What could the NFL have done differently?
    The NFL’s initial offer to the NFLPA to reduce the players’ share $1 billion, or 18% below the previous agreement hovered over this negotiation like a dark cloud.
    Although the owners made significant moves in the last hours of the talks, it was too late. The players were full on with the disrespect card. In addition to the lowball offer, the players felt ignored, talked down to, and were left waiting throughout the mediation process.
    Negotiations are business, but these became personal. And the talks never recovered from that.

What could the NFLPA have done differently?

DeMaurice Smith is a skillful and passionate orator ready to take on NFL owners. However, Smith could have still been unyielding without being combative. As the saying goes: “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer”. NFL officials were saying that Smith “digs litigation,” a mocking comment that was unfortunate to hear about the leader of the league’s most important partner.

2. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Yet another reason to be disgusted with the players. They want to play in business, but don't know how.

Take your millions, STFU, and play football.

DOLFANMIKE and MarinePhinFan like this.
  3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    When D. Smith compared the negotiations to war, I knew we were in trouble. Can someone tell me one instance where a negotiation has done well with that attitude. If you go in seeking retribution for the past without realizing that there will inevitably be a future, you're ****ed.

The guy just strikes me a guy who gets under your skin. Smug or something. I don't know the right word for it. These guys get their kicks from the fight, not actually a solution and seem satisfied only when there has been enough blood letting. I'm not siding for either side; they're both ****ed in the head. But this guy just strikes me as a pain in the ***.

RoninFin4, first&goal and jason8er like this.
  4. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Guy obviously needs to rewatch the Godfather. "Always business...never personal."

jason8er likes this.
  5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Once the NFL got Bob Batterman in the mix you knew this was the path it was going down.

6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Someone really needs to compile a time-line thread with impartial (as possible) news articles leading up to this.

7. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Greedy Bastards Group 1 wants more money from Greedy Bastards Group 2, GBG 2 doesn't want to give it up. GBG 2 wants things themselves. GBG 1 doesn't want to give in to GBG 2. GBG and GBG 1 give each other the finger and decide to let a judge figure it out.

I think that covers everything.

CaribPhin and ascii like this.
  8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Really? The owners never made things personal?

SICK likes this.
  9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    trying to take 1 billion dollars away from the players seems to hit home personally to them id say.....

10. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

You forgot Fans, and how they got effed.

11. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Are you ready for some SUMMONS!

[​IMG]

Conuficus likes this.