1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well I Expected a Loss, but...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Road game, rival home opener, great defensive line for buffalo, new o-line for miami. But I didn't expect another total destruction like Week 16. Offense, Special Teams, Defense, Coaching...they beat us on every side. Watkins was even hobbling off the field on plays and still torched the Dolphins.

What are we supposed to expect for the rest of the year? You don't want to jump to conclusions over ONE loss, it happens to everyone, especially on the road. But where was the fight? The team didn't look much different from last season. They beat the Pats at home, big deal. They did that in 2013. And 2009...2006...2004...2002... Tannehill had some BAD throws, but then when he had some good throws, like a nice pass to Hartline...he dropped it.

We also have a mediocre (too generous? it was bad without him) running game without Moreno. He's a game changer. That is going to be an injury you need to watch like a hawk. Looks like the early reports say 2-4 weeks? That would be a massive break with the bye in there.

The response will be interesting. We get a favorable look at one. Chiefs at home with a beat up defense (though Charles against our LB's? Perfect bounce back game for him. They'll also be in "must win" mode assuming they likely lose to Denver today and go 0-2. 0-3 in the AFC would be killer), Raiders in London, bye week. You really don't want to lose either of those games. But no Moreno, can the passing offense step up? Can defense actually create turnovers?

Realistic chance to be 3-1 into the bye and then banged up Packers go to hot Miami against rested Dolphins. It's not the most difficult stretch of games. Time to show some consistency, use Buffalo as a wake up. Or will they fold like seasons past? We'll find out soon. I'm sure it'll be a heart attack game against KC.

2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Ya I expected a loss too, but had some serious hopes it would've been a much better game. I picked a win vs NE and loss vs Buf in my predictions...but as usual, I got my hopes up (and I always will). This one hurt...just about as bad as losing the last 2 last year...hurt bad.

So many mistakes, poor coaching, lack of adjusting (particularly in pass coverage), horrible unforced miscues by normally reliable dudes.

Philbin tucking his tail at the end of the first half really put him down on my meter...sorry...plain gutless.

3. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    I expected a win. This was a game Phins should have and could have won. But not with the gameplan and playcalling they had, and obviously the ST hurt us big time.
    Instead of punching them in the front 7 with run, because that is their weakness, they are slow and we are strong and athletic, we decided to go bonkers with our weakness, the passing game against the top secondary in the league, and allow the to rush. Crash and burn gameplan. We cut off our own bawls.