1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well if Chad Johnson gets cut that will cement our WR corps as worst in the league.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LBsFinest, Aug 12, 2012.

1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Why? They are all part of the whole. Even if you do take those two away, Laurent Robinson is better than anyone else we have. As much as I love Bess, to consider he and Blackmon as equals, would require the ultimate in homerism.

Unless there is a team I'm not thinking of, even with a healthy Hartline, we have definitely the worst WR corps in the league right now. Someone could still emerge this year and change things, but just looking at it today, I'd take any of those team's corps of WRs over ours.

2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    And it's really not even very close. I wonder if Jeff Ireland will ever be held accountable for this.

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I agree. We have a pair of #2s in Bess and Hartline, assuming the latter ever gets healthy, and then a bunch of 5s and 6s. And, on most teams none of them would even make it as a 5 or 6.

4. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I'm just curious how this team neglected the WR position so badly. Really going into the season it was an absolute crapshoot as to what we would get from these receivers. And it's not just the WR position. Look at safety. We are relying on 2 average-below average players in Clemons and Jones and a 7th round pick who is converting to safety in Jimmy Wilson. Then you look at pass rush, and we have no reliable/semi-reliable pass rushers outside of Cam Wake. At least with the OL there was some semblance of an attempt to remedy the problem by Drafting Martin and signing Hicks and Steinbach. Just sickening.

Lee2000 likes this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I actually think it is close. Between us and St. Louis.

Not that it matters.

6. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    no to all of them...only the rams are close.