1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, that sucked....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Sep 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Lets see...I guess we can start with game highlights.

1. My tickets were free from a Falcons player and I had excellent seats.
    2. The defense really was great against the run, avg against the pass, and did really well considering that Falcons worked with super short fields several times.
    3. The WildPat. Nice to see it come out and that White aired it out. Would have been much better had he completed the pass, but still nice to see that we were open and that it could work.
    4. Crossed paths with my nemesis...The Bandits on the 100 level. LOL

The negatives....(do I have enough time).

1. Jake Long looked more like Joke Long. A #1 overall, cornerstone LT, doesn't get abused like that...like Abraham did to him yesterday. I think he is still holding onto Abraham while getting tea-bagged. That wasn't pretty at all! Sad part is...it just wasn't Abraham. It was anyone they lined up over Long. All day he was beat. :no:
    2. The rest of the OL.
    3. Pennington, granted he was getting no support from the OL...however, there were several times he threw the ball away without ever giving the play time to develop or he held onto the ball way to long. Twice this happened on 3rd down. NOT GOOD!
    4. THE TURNOVERS!!! 4 F'n turnovers that resulted in the majority of the points scored. You can't win when you turn the ball over. You really can't win when you turn the ball over in the red zone and have the ball returned inside your red zone. UGLY..JUST UGLY!
    5. It could have been much worse. Lets not forget Ryan missing a wide open White on the bomb during the first drive. Or the 2 missed FG's from Elam and the missed extra point.

I have a feeling we are looking at an 0-3 start...if not worse. :no::no::no::no:

2. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Not predicting doom and gloom or 0-3 start at this point. This staff has shown an ability to fix thing on the fly during the season. I have confidence we look much better Monday night and pull out a win against INDY. Of course I am the eternal optimist.

3. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY

While you may be right, The skys not falling on my head we'll get at least one of these two . OTHER THAN THAT you pretty much nailed it! Cheers :yes::yes:

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The negatives have been discussed at length, but ever the optimist I'd say losing by 12 points (on the road) while playing that badly is pretty amazing.

As bad as we played, we were 2 plays away from winning that game. The Defense is usually always ahead of the Offense at the start of the season.

dolphindebby and mullingan like this.
  5. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Positive...

It looked like there were alot of phin fans there.

dolphindebby and ATL-Dolfan like this.
  6. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Actually, there was. At one point there was a pretty loud "DEFENSE" chant going. Atlanta is used to this though. I would say there was maybe 15-20,000 of us there. The lower level was probably 30% Miami.

dolphindebby likes this.
  7. ATL-Dolfan

ATL-Dolfan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    There were a ton of us in the upper deck as well. It was pretty cool.

8. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I am hoping for 1 out of those two. The Chargers are very similar to Atlanta and the west coast trip doesn't help off the short week. So I don't think it will be that game. Hopefully a night home game will help pull a win out.

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    we always have San Diego's number for whatever reason.

10. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I'm sorry but we were not 2 plays from winning that game. Atlanta kneeled the ball in the redzone. The final score is closer than the actual game.

11. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    There was and it was awesome to be represented that much.
    We went to the Varsity to eat after the game and there were many of our fans there also. One guys was singing our fight song and high fiveing all the dolphin fans. Just great.

12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    We also gave them that field position by going for the onside kick, so technically we were still two plays from winning it. Details.

Also if you consider that 9 of Atlanta's points came off turnovers, the game is much closer.

A loss is a loss though. I'd rather look bad at the beginning of the season than the end.

13. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    MMMMM the Varsity! That place rules! Glad you guys all got to go, i had to wrok but watched it live on my iPhone which was amazing!

14. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I'm sticking by my prediction of going into the bye week with a 3-2 record.

siciliansith, HULKFish and mullingan like this.
  15. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Hopefully they take this game as a wake up call. Long will be better, plain and simple. Fasano can't possibly do any worse.

The real question from this point forward is if we're gonna see a change in playcalling. Sparano can call play himself, so if this continues, i'd hope he'll step up and do that.

16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah me too, but.....the things that were not working well for us were the same things that weren't working well for us last season as well...that's what hurts the most...

mullingan likes this.