1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're losing because of Coaching.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finsanity, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nolan isn't at fault for this. Nolan's job as DC is to call plays, that's it. His end of the bargain hasn't been terrible. He's made some mistakes but he's been alright overall (not great but he's just a play caller he doesn't control everything). He's actually made adjustments from game to game.

No one noticed it but he's gone with a 4-3 under this week with Odrick against the LT to funnel the run to the right side and make Cleveland predictable. He's doing what he can right now and has even adjusted somewhat with guys like Olshansky who they let one-gap. He's not blind. His players though have been severely outplayed. Despite all of that since that conditioning debacle he's done well.

Sparano is doing the same exact thing as well. Notice the end of last year, Cleveland and Buffalo scored about the same that Houston and Cleveland did. The defense despite playing like crap isn't getting us beat that badly. The offensive output and the lack of cohesion are the problem and I can't say that Daboll's play-calling has been bad either.

Nolan- B- so far in play calling
    Daboll- B- so far in play calling

My feeling is that someone with NFL coaching experience that can instill discipline in the style of Jim Bates in 2004 is what we need. I'm trying to see why Nolan failed in San Francisco because as much as people don't want to admit it there's a great chance due to cost one of these guys is coaching next season as HC.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Con once told me to watch Odricks feet relative to his hands, hands move fast while the feet don't go anywhere...Its early but its something to keep an eye on.

3. jldolfan

jldolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Greensboro, NC
    QUOTE=KB21;1589504]And he's basically doing what I think we need to do in Miami down the road. He has taken the college spread concept and has transitioned it to the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Who is the guy you wanted? Not that it makes a difference now.[