1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about Raheem Morris?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CallMeDaddy, Jan 6, 2012.

1. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I think A young coach like Morris could help this team out, he improved the Bucs to a 10-6 record before Josh Freeman and the whole receiving core had a terrible year this year. He is a defensive minded coach who would help with our secondary problems.

Even if we didn't hire him as head coach he could get a look as a defensive-backs coach, which was his job with the Bucs before becoming head coach, and he turned the 19th ranked pass defense into the best in the league the next year.

I also feel his unsuccessful year in Tampa Bay was because he lost control of the crazy Bucs roster, we have a well controlled team here and they are also young which would help him.

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Losing control of the locker room is a negative sign for me.

bran and DolfanTom like this.
  3. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    It is for me too, but the Bucs team is full of punks who don't listen to anything. Our team has been very disciplined with Sparano and Bowles, and I think it would be a good fit to bring in Raheem Morris since it wouldn't be a problem.

4. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Madness, sheer & utter madness. We should bring back Thigpen for QB because we had a weak line.

5. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Huh? You're reading it as if you think Morris would be my first choice, which would be wrong. I think Morris can still coach and the bad season shouldn't be brought down on him but I would still like to get other coaches and if they aren't available then Morris could be a good choice as a last resort if we can't find the right guy (would be a better choice than Bowles IMO)

6. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I think to even consider him is nuts as he did a terrible job in TB. There are enough more qualified candidates who will take the job before him and even if none do I would take Bowles 1st. The last time I saw a locker room quit on a coach like they did to him was the 2007 Dolphins with Cameron. I'll hang my gear up if they hire him. You're entitled to your opinion of him but the idea of him being here will give me nightmares tonight.

7. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Honestly he couldn't be any worse than Del Rio. And again, this isn't only Raheem Morris as a head coach but also as a defensive backs coach, which he was very successful in Tampa Bay when he was a DB coach there.

8. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    No. Just no.

9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I want absolutely nothing to do with Morris. All of a sudden the players are the problem in Tampa Bay. Last year when they won ten games, there was no talk about the players being punks, or being problems for the coaching staff. Now all of a sudden, it is all the players fault that the HC has no control over his players.

Even the thought of hiring a coach who completely lost his team this past season make absolutely no sense to me. Heck, I would rather Ross bring back Sparano then even interview Morris for a position on the Dolphins coaching staff.

10. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I thought the players were punks last year as well, but at-least they were consistent punks. Freeman had a terrible year and so did the receivers, honestly I'll be happy if he becomes our Defensive Backs coach and someone like Fisher becomes our HC.

11. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Never noticed the hate for Morris this bad before, all the Bucs fans I've talked to have said they felt it was the organizations fault with poor ownership and a terrible team put together by them. They all felt Morris could still be a good coach with the right organization.

12. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Are you kidding me? This guy completely flat out lost his team this year. A team that was 10-6 and a playoff contender to a team that was 4-12 this year, and a complete disaster. He was in way over his head, and had no control over that team this year. Maybe in a few years after this guy gets more experience can he be considered again, but immediately after heading this ship of that disaster? No thanks. you think anyone in any NFL locker room is going to take that guy seriously after what happened in Tampa last year?

13. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Didnt he go on a longer losing streak than Sparano?

14. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Morris is never again an NFL head coach. He should stick to being a DB coach, that's where his strengths are.

15. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    You need to talk to more Bucs fans. The ones I talk to think he's a good position coach who was totally unqualified to be a head coach and was given the job because he was cheap and the Glazers want cheap.

16. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    He lost 10 games straight, even Sparano didn't do that!

brandon27, MikeHoncho and DolfanTom like this.
  17. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    In no way do I want either Morris nor Del Rio, but can anyone really blame Del Rio for losing so many games this year? Have you seen how many injuries he dealt with this season? There was NO WAY that anyone could have taken that team to the playoffs this year. Other than cutting Garrard before the opening game, I can't really fault Del Rio for anything. And that probably was the correct move also, by the way.

18. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
  19. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I think he would be an excellent hire....you put the word VALET on the back of his jacket, he would greet you with a smile better than a WalMart worker.....I like the idea!

20. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I think guys like Morris and McDaniels were given HC jobs WAAAAAY before they were ready. They both were talented young men who seemed like they were going to be great HCs someday, and a couple owners took a couple chances on them. McDaniels was a disaster about 1/2 a season in, and it took Morris a little longer, but still ended in disaster.

Now, that's not to say that both of these guys can't be great HC's someday, but they were not ready when they were given the chance, and they still aren't ready. Heck, wait another decade, learn as much as you can, and these guys would still be in the early part of what is usually the prime age for HC's. To me, they were too young, younger than some of the players even, which is just odd.

Maybe we can talk about Morris in 10 years when Coach Fisher retires after taking us to three Superbowls!

21. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Not that Morris hasn't had a little success at Tampa but they sure were a dissapointment this year when alot of people had high expectations.Not so different than Miami had after Sparonos team won the division.But niether team was able to continue to develope and that's why both got the axe.And both had inconsistant play at QB.
    I would rather they keep Bowles than bring in Morris but I think neither will get a shot at the job.

22. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    He wasn't ready to be a head coach. And coming from being a position coach, he was too close to the players already.

2010 was an aberration. The Bucs got a lot of breaks along with a very weak schedule. This year Morris was setup to fail by management, but he also did a poor job. Many of the good players -- namely Josh Freeman -- regressed badly. The team flat out quit on him early, weren't competitive and he lost control of the team. He also became an enabler for knuckleheads like Aqib Talib, which further weakened him.

He's nowhere near our radar.

23. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I honestly thought this was a joke and a funny one at that but then I see the poster here promoting the idea actively.

Have the water tested in your neighborhood..... something's in it.

Morris was in over his head from the beginning and he reached the pinnacle of ineptness by losing the entire team which isn't at all as bad as they played.

Just rehire Sparano if were going to go this route!

bran likes this.
  24. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    He couldn't control the Bucs, but you think he can control Miami? He lost 10 in a row and the team quit on him, but he would be a fit here?

LMAO! Sorry....LMAO!

25. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    **** no!

26. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Scraping the bottom of the barrel.... I'd rather just have some excited college coach (a la Harbaugh) or something along those lines.