1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Desides, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Rosen Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I totally get that. I'd have been nervous as hell myself with it taking that long. They're still where I probably want to buy my own eventually though, because they're the only one that lets you buy a 4-year accidental damage plan.

King Felix likes this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito. Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    When I got my PS5 from amazon, I ordered it at 11am and I got it at 5pm. Honestly I thought it might be a scam until it got here.

KeyFin, King Felix and Unlucky 13 like this.
  3. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I have an Amazon distribution center an hours drive from my house, and even with Prime I've never gotten anything faster than two days. And that's generally the very end of the second day. When I get notified I'm getting a UPS delivery at 7am, it generally comes after 7pm.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito. Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    That is the thing. I have an Amazon distribution center about 15 to 20 minutes from where I live. I generally get things from prime the day after. Until the last few months, stupid post office being defunded.

So the fact that I ordered a PS5, which seemed impossible to get and then the shipping was the same day just seemed too good to be true.

Part of me thought I was going to open a box of bricks.

KeyFin and Unlucky 13 like this.
  5. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Biomutant has the same issue that several of my earliest PS4 games did with Rest Mode. The play time on my file says I've been at it for about five days (125ish hours) when in reality, its been more like 40 hours according to the tracker website that I use. I don't think I've had another game with this bug in a long time.

6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I've been playing Amazon's New World for about two weeks now (after I grew bored with Vanguard and 2042 was just terrible). Cost was about $30 IIRC. It's definitely been a good buy so far. It's the only thing I'm gaming at the moment. Just doing solo stuff. I've been looking to test my new PC. Even with the graphx settings on low I lag, and I know that's not my PC (because it was awesome on the FPS games). It could be in part due to my ISP although it's even laggy when I'm on my own (with the kids at school and not using up bandwidth streaming lol). Anyway, if anyone playing NW, lmk.

7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    40 hours into Octopath Traveler, and I'm very much enjoying it. the developers really care about what they were trying to do, and its basically a "lost" SNES Final Fantasy title in between 6 and 7. Very, very high marks in that regard. They've totally gotten it right. The look, the feel, the dialogue, the combat mechanics, the grinding and leveling up and equipment and skills. Its all there.

That being said, I am in the bullseye of the target audience, as someone who was a teenager and obsessed with those older games when they originally came out. For people who don't have that same perspective, it very well could be less appealing with the lack of nostalgia.

On a related note, its being rumored that the Pixel Remasters of the first six FF games will be coming to the Switch at some point this year. If so, I'm in.

https://gamingbolt.com/final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-will-launch-for-switch-in-2022-rumour

invid likes this.
  8. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I am looking forward to playing this eventually. I also like the looks of their new tactical RPG coming out.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  9. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I was able to borrow it for a week from my local library to check it out, and I'm really glad that I did. Sold me on it. I was on the fence before that.