1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Desides, Aug 19, 2013.

1. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I've also picked up Elden Ring. Its pretty tough but I'm finding it enjoyable. It took me 30 tries to beat the Crucible Knight gaol last night. However, I feel a lot better at the game after that fight. That fight teaches you to dodge INTO attacks rather than back.

It's more Souls than Borne (which makes sense). The best part of Bloodborne was that nifty sidestep that replaced the Souls-roll. BB was my first Souls game and while it's recommended as a good entry point for those looking to get into the series, man I've missed that sidestep in some of the following entries I played.

I've cleared all of Limgrave and have made my way south into the Weeping Peninsula. I'm about 20 hours in, around level 40. I'm not the biggest fan of fail-states so I've been paying attention to the guides regarding NPC quests and which order to do them. I don't want to kill the feeling of exploration so I'll explore an area of the map, and then when I feel like I'm done with an area, I'll check a guide to make sure I didn't miss anything.