1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are Your Passing AND Rushing Expectations For Tannehill This Year?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

This new wave of QBs (Russell Wilson, RGIII, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Cam Newton, and the older Vick) are all capable of running read option, either for long stretches of the game, or short series here-and-there if they get the right defensive matchup.

So what should we expect a QB to throw for AND run for when they do both?

I was pondering the expectation for Tannehill's passing stats this season, when I wondered how many rushing TDs should we hope for? Two? Four?

Here is what I think is reasonable with a QB who can run as well as Tannehill, but who will be used more in the pocket than as a read-option guy like CKap.

Passing for 22 TDs and 11 INTS, 60% completion rate, 3,800 yards and a 85+QBR.
    Rushing for 4 TDs and 400 yards

What do you expect?

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    20+ Td's, seriously, it is as if our Qb is forever capped from throwing 20 damn Td's.

I see our red zone weapons now and just have to believe he eclipses Fiedler's best season in terms of Td production.

3. Bpk

What about rushing stats, Padre?

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    No expectations on rushing.

Passing though, I'm looking for ~3,600 yds on ~60% completions, and 20TDs/14Ints.

5. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

25 TDs, 13 INTs, 60%+ CR, 3700 yards, 85+ QBR would be plenty.
    3 rushing TDs and about 250 yards.

6. Bpk

Why wouldn;t we want to take advantage of his ability to run as a planned part of our offensive production? Or are you just saying you don't want to try to guess that art because there are a lot of variables?

For example, we're not sure how often the coaches will 'let' him run in their gameplans.

7. Bpk

See, to me, if he can add those kinds of rushing yards and TDs, then I am happy to look at his OVERALL TD production and yards. So if he runs for 6 TDs and throws for 19 TDs I'd still be happy.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Anything we get running is a bonus IMO, so I don't want to have expectations on it. Additionally, there are a lot of variables there.

maynard and Bpk like this.
  9. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I'd be inclined to agree 100% Sir.

10. Bpk

Yup. Plus, less chance of an INT if he runs in a TD. More chance of injury though.