1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your thoughts on game 1

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Kanye West, Aug 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    That's what I was doing LF. I was giving Beck the dupport because he had seen the fire. IMO he was rushed to the front too early and I wanted to see him do well this year. After this off season reports saying the new regime liked him and he was throwing nearly 4,000 balls, I wondered why they drafted Henne. Henne has done nothing for the Phins in your "what they do" comparisons. In my book "what they can do" is gone after year two. Potential is only hope if you don't get better.

I was just leaning towards Beck because he has lined up with us. I must admit after watching Henne play on Sat. I was impressed and can't say I'm leaning on the Beck side as much. We have missed the playoffs so much, I just want the team to win.

2. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
    I agree, my point was to not rush to conclusions about anyone. Leave the bias(not that you express any) behind and just see how it plays out. Thankfully, we have a capable F.O now and I'm sure they won't just cut Beck. Like others have said, he's too green to know what we have in him. The same with Henne.
    They'll give both lots of opputunities and it's what they do with them that will dictate their position on this team.
    The only thing I was reffering to was your "I was trying not to like him and support Beck" expression.
    It confuses me and I'd be lying if I said I haven't seen it before.. especially on this board.
    To not like someone simply because you want another to succeed? I want everyone who wears our colors to succeed. And if either QB gets cut, I'll still support my team, regardless of who it is.

In my personal opinion, Henne has taken advatage of his one chance. He clearly showed he can lead 10 guys. Beck did the same last season. I'm on the fence, really. I think we drafted Henne because we have no clear and easy choice at QB. Why not have more than one option? But anyways, I don't want to start a debate over something you can read all over the boards. Besides, it's apples and oranges. You won't see absolute arguements from me and stating that any other opinion is false. I'm just a fan, not a professional critic.

Go phins!:hi5:

gunn34 likes this.