1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Draft Resource do You Like?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Surfs Up 99, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    I guess with the combine over we should start seeing the new NFL Draft magazines hitting the shelves, so before I go out and plunk down $10 bucks or so on a new magazine, I wanted to know what resource (magazine, internet, or guide) you guys like and trust?

Note: I do use the NFL.com Draft Profiles, which is free, but some sometimes I like to see other points of view.

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I'm a paper magazine guy. I bought Lindy's the other day, and its long been one of my favorites.

Pro Football Weekly produces a good one. My note on them is that while I generally like their player profiles, their ideas of where guys should and will be drafted are often wacky.

I don't generally love Athlon, but they do still make one. Same goes for USA Today. They're both pretty shallow on info, so if you know the players already, they don't give you much.

Sadly, that's about all that's left now, unless one pops up that I haven't seen.

The Sporting News was always my favorite, but after they were bought out, they did not publish one last year, so I'm not hopeful to see one this year either.

I always liked ESPN's preview magazines, but they're out of the business now.

SI still makes a fantasy magazine, but they haven't had a draft one for a while, sadly. It was also really good.

One of my biggest gripes with all of them is that they no longer give player ages and/or birth dates. I don't know if there was a legal reason for this, but they've all followed the same course, as have most of the online sources. These days, I have to trust Wikipedia on that one.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  3. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Online - I've been scanning around. Check some of the threads of mine in here for some of the better resources I found in the early run up. The rest will be coming alive now I imagine.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Club Vip has the best analysis anywhere..There are some very smart folks breaking down prospects, folks that I trust and have grown together for years, for real.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.