1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if America's Best Athletes Played Soccer?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by HardKoreXXX, May 26, 2010.

1. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Armageddon.

2. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    The thing is us N. Americans don't realize is the rest of the world only cares about soccer. So from their perspective, you Americans can have football, and basketball, us Canadians can have hockey, anything else....nope, and the cubans can have baseball, etc.

EDIT: Us Canadians can have curling too I guess. Begin your jelous rants. :tongue2:

HardKoreXXX and Boik14 like this.
  3. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    We're coming for Hockey. Enjoy that while you still can.

EDITED TO ADD: We're better than Cuba in Baseball. The World Baseball Classic is a bull**** format.

Tone_E and Boik14 like this.
  4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    he got too big and lost his agility and lateral quickness. I think injuries and age have caught up to him.

And still like 3% of the u.s. population would be all that cared. Aside from the thread being purely hypothetical it assumes soccer could ever become as ingrained in our culture as it is in the rest of the world. Americans will never care about soccer for that same reason we don't care about hockey ( even tho I like hockey)..... we like scoring. Baseball is popular primarily because of the home run, football because of the touchdown, and basketball because of the dunk. Offense is what wins fans here it seems.

5. RAS25

RAS25 Junior Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    if the percentage of people that play soccer in soccer dominated countries, if we had that same percentage of people obsessed with soccer playing their entire childhood. we would be in the elite no doubt in my mind.