1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do, gotta make a decision quick.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Tone_E, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Ok, so I have no one starting tonight, but still have to put my roster in.

Starters as of now.

QB: P. Manning
    RB: B.Wells
    RB: R.Matthews
    WR: Fitzgerald
    WR: H. Nicks
    WR/TE/RB: M. Bush
    K: Who Cares
    DEF: Who cares.

Beanie Wells and M. Bush are questionable. Beanie didn't practice yesterday, and Bush had surgery last week. I don't have the benefit of waiting till Saturday to make my decision because of the game tonight.

Back Up RBs: B. Scott / J. Ringer

Back Up WRs: Maclin, Massoquoi, Manningham, G.Tate, E.Doucet, Gresham, Pettigrew, M.Williams (SEA)

I was thinking that Beanie will probably start so leave him, but sub in Maclin for Bush as my flex position starter.

But if Beanie doesn't start I am screwed.

What would you guys do?

2. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    I have Beanie in my league as well. I fully expect him to play, and play well considering the matchup (@ STL).

The flex position in Week 1 is a crapshoot for most fantasy owners. I'd probably just continue to roll with Michael Bush until you get a sense for how some of those WRs are going to be used in their locales.

Tone_E likes this.
  3. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks for the update. My strategy in drafting was to pick up a lot of the young receivers on the verge of break out seasons with the intentions to watch them and hopefully find a gem for my flex spot. :up: Heck, in a 12 team 20 round draft, I got Gresham and Pettigrew in the 3rd quarter of the draft. Can't go wrong.

My main concern is Bush, had thumb surgery so I will monitor the situation closer later today. Just to be safe I might put Maclin back in the flex pos. Even if bush starts, if he isn't 100% McFadden will get a lot of carries.

Any more advice would be appreciated.

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I'd be very surprised if Wells doesn't play so I'd keep him in.

Bush could play, but if he does it'll probably be on a limited basis. I'd put Maclin in as your flex. He has a great matchup against GB's inexperienced secondary.

Tone_E likes this.
  5. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks to both of you. I shall go with Maclin this week as my flex.