1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do?

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by dolfan32323, Mar 19, 2009.

1. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    so i know that this may seem really silly to a lot of you, and i realize that it probably is.

my girlfriend just dumped me after going on vacation to kuwait for a week without giving me any signs or anything. the thing is i was crazy for her and happen to live right down the hall from this year (im still in a dorm, sadly). we have the same friends and there really is no way for me to avoid her even for a little while. how exactly should i deal with her/the situation? i dont know how i should react when i see her even, because she is always there i dont have time away from her now. she said she just wants to be friends but didnt give me a reason for breaking up with me. i really dont know what to do, cause i think she still likes me and i have no idea how to go about being friends with her after being together for so long. im also stuck with this expensive purse i had bought for her (bought it while she was on vacation, shows you i really had NO idea this was coming).

thanks all

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Sorry to hear you are having a tough time 32323. As far as advice goes, I don't have anything really specific, other than to be honest.

If you don't feel like talking to her, or you feel like you need some space from her, just be honest and tell her - "I don't feel comfortable talking with you right now, I would like some space." - or something like that. If she truly does want to "be friends" then she'll respect your request for space and give you some time to process. If she gets mad ... well then she's probably playing with you to some extent, or she too still has some kind of feelings that she's going through.

As far as the purse goes, eBay is certainly an option, or possibly your mother or grandmother if you don't want to go that route.

azfinfanmang and dolfan32323 like this.
  3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    She met a guy.

Accept that and it'll be easier for you to move on. It's the only thing that explains a younger girl just walking out like that. Women are evil creatures by nature. Most of them (younger ones especially) don't consider anything but their own feelings. As for what you do.... I'd smile when I see her and make sure she notices it's fake and never under any circumstances say a word to her.

Don't try to get her back... It'll just make her be more aggressive in stomping you down. Leave her be. Chances are, she won't be back. More than likely she will not wake up and realize how she's an idiot for leaving you... She's not mature enough for that (I'm assuming she's in your age range). Just leave her be. If you're lucky, she'll take notice of you not giving a crap and come back.

Reality - It's over. Sorry.

Edit - It should be noted that I'm nowhere near anty master of the ladies... I **** more stuff up with women than anyone. Just my 2 cents.

4. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Exactly what I first thought too.

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah she met someone b.
    might want to go after a gf or something......

but being serious, sell the purse. and if you don't want to be around her or share friends try finding some new friends. I think if they really are your friends they would understand you can't hide your feelings and why you are avoiding her. If not **** em.

6. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    thanks all, she told me she didnt find another guy but i think you might be right. i also have no intention of taking her back. im just having a hard time getting over her since it is just so hard to escape her. also i guess putting a rational answer behind something irrational is impossible.

Get Up And Go and Ohiophinphan like this.
  7. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah if you were together for a while I wouldn't expect to get over her to quickly. to be realistic, just accept your going to have feelings for her, which is why I would stay away from her.Also don't ask her anymore, you don't want to know what happened while she was in kuwait, trust me ........

8. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    you have to go out and get something asap. make sure she knows you dont care. if your moping around depressed, when she sees that, shes going to be smiling inside, knowing her evil ways won. whether you like to have sex with as many girls as possible, or your a conservative type and typically date, get out and date, or do whatever ASAP! the female gender can not win!

mbsinmisc, Trowa, Sethdaddy8 and 6 others like this.
  9. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother I feel for you. As it has been said she probably has another guy. As hard as this may seem, like the other brothers have said here, let her go, and don't ask her any more questions. Let her do her own thing. The more you try to hold on the more hurt you get in return. If it was ever meant to be set her free, and if she comes back then it was meant to be, or there is still something to the relationship. If not move on and enjoy life.:yes: There will be other ladies in your life, and you deserve to be happy, and with someone who makes you feel that way everyday. Best of luck to you brother!:up:

10. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    and like nappy said, don't let the squirrels win!!

[​IMG]

dolfan32323 likes this.
  11. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    hahaha great picture. really, thank you all. i do need to stop pursuing the reason from her. you are all totally right about that. my feelings for her will eventually go away soon enough i guess. maybe its time to put on some chauvinistic music :lol:

Celtkin likes this.
  12. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Just so you know, the reason she broke up with you is because she wanted to break up. Quite frankly, that is as good as an excuse as any other. Often people look for something else, but she may have simply just wanted to break up.

I would treat her like a lower level friend if you see her. Be nice and curteous. Say hi if you see her. If she strikes up a conversation, or you are stuck being around her for awhile, just make small talk and try to avoid the whole relationship situation. No girls like guys who whine and hang on for too long.

Oh and give the purse to her best friend, but only if she is cute.

Mainge, baboo72, Celtkin and 7 others like this.
  13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Honestly man Im sure it is very hard to deal with but you have to dig deep, Im sure you dont realize this right now but isnt it better to find out now rather than 5 years from now??

Bro, your in college and single! Live your life to the fullest becasue one day you will wake up and wonder where it all went.

mbsinmisc, baboo72 and dolfan32323 like this.
  14. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Time for some strange. Nothing, and I mean nothing operates like a balm to the broken heart like some strange. When the horse kicks you off her back you get up, dust yourself off, and go jump on another horse.

15. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    First thing first...

Who in the world goes to Kuwait for vacation????

No, I am serious.. Kuwait?

Okay, I have to agree with most. Chances are pretty good she found somebody else..and given the age bracket, not even sure that somebody else even knows it yet.

Some very sound advice in here. Wish I had it when I was younger.

Kuwait? What exactly is there to do in Kuwait?

16. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I know way back in the early 90's, a bunch of people went to Kuwait for this huge bonfire event. It was like Burning Man, but way bigger...and cost a bunch more money.

17. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i agree with lucky. don't ask. it might satisfy you in the moment but there are chances the damages it will do to your mentality over the next several months would leave you better off not asking.

just know that whatever happened was not good.

and what i would do is if you can't avoid her you've got several options.

1. the friend route, which i do believe is possible only if you want it to happen.

2. the 'please don't contact me route'.

3. the 'if she contacts you anyway' as someone else put it make sure she knows that you don't care. even if you do.

4. move out of dorm?

dolfan32323 likes this.
  18. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    You should do something i like to call "The Fade". It's when you honk the horn at someone and look at them for a milli second, then wave the other way and make them feel stupid. You can do it in person to, but it's best while honking the horn driving down the road. If you don't do it to her, you have to do it to a complete stranger. It will change your life! LOL

19. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

One of the nice things about this forum is the range of experiances to draw upon. I'm 56, graduated from college before you were born, heck you are likely younger than my daughter! Honestly as to what to do in your case from a tactical point of view would be like asking Sitting Bull how to deploy a tank battalion!

All that aside, I have some general stuff that might fit.

First of all its going to hurt and you can't stop it. As we all here have said, it will go away, but for the time being, it will hurt. OK Here is where you learn to deal with hurt and still function fully. Life will deal you a lot of hurts and you will have to function through them, consider this an early trial run.

Second, don't let her immaturity push you there. Mooning over her, acting clingy, etc is wrong but so is going out and making an *$$ of yourself (beyond the normal, acceptable college stupid stuff). If she and your common friends see you miserable, she wins and if they see you stupid, she also wins.

She has broken up with you so don't hand her a club to beat you with by allowing her influence over you.

You have paid a price in this case, make the investment worthwile and learn from it.

Celtkin, HolliFinFan, anlgp and 4 others like this.
  20. section411

section411 New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    WOW! I'm really impressed with the great advice you guys came up with.
    I thought from a female perspective I would rush in with some sage advice but I can't add anything better.
    Good Luck to you :)

PS- Love the giving the purse to the best friend Hahahaha

21. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I couldn't get past Kuwait either. I guess it's awesome if you like intense heat, sand, and camels.

22. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    You guys have obviously never been to the 6 Flags: Kuwait theme park.

Losers.

23. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Her dad works for the military and has been stationed out there for a while. She hadn't seem him in a year and so she went to visit him.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  24. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    You're perception of this is completely wrong - completely. Its YOUR OPPORTUNITY to go out and "date" the rest of the chicks in the world. You're quite fortunate this happened.

mbsinmisc, daphins, Celtkin and 3 others like this.
  25. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    How old are you BTW? Being young and single and able to afford condoms and cheap wine coolers is great. Enjoy those years, when they're gone you'll remember them fondly.

26. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Yeah so I figure if she wants to be friends she can make the initiative. No reason I should be the one doing that. Thanks all, appreciate it so much.

27. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I am starting to realize this is a good thing. It's the first I was the one dumped. Boy, that is so different than being the person who initiates the breakup

28. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    In breakups it is far better to give than receive.

anlgp and dolfan32323 like this.
  29. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

^

I've never done the breakups and boy is opie right on that one.

opfinistic likes this.
  30. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Amazingly I've never been dumped. They usually just leave in the middle of the night, change their names, and move to a country where I cannot speak the language. But never dumped. Nosiree.

31. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I know this probably won't help but the best part of breaking up is the mercy **** part if you able to. always seems the best for some unknown reason.

opfinistic likes this.
  32. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    that holds true for prison as well.

opfinistic, dolfan32323 and anlgp like this.
  33. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Heh, is it true the 6 flags in Kuwait has a machine gun right where the camera usually is? :pointlol:

opfinistic likes this.
  34. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I've given this a lot of thought and keep coming to the same conclusion. Get some lime, a shovel, chloroform and..... well I think you know where I'm going with this.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  35. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    this is some good advice, scary new mystical hunter dude!

to 32323,
    being in college, i assume you dont have much money, so either try to return the purse(you should be able to if it is still unused and has all the tags on it), or give it to your mom...but then if all else fails, yes, find one of your ex's friends that you know itd really burn if you gave it to her. and do it.

and be polite, be cool. the best revenge is ALWAYS your own personal success and betterment. go get yourself a hair-cut, hit the gym, doll yourself up. find some other chicks. and you wont give two ****s about her soon enough.:up:

dolfan32323 likes this.
  36. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    just be a good friend to your ex. if you ever get a chance to tap it again. then tap it like there is no tomorrow and she will regret dumping you. evil buts its the truth in some cases.

opfinistic and dolfan32323 like this.
  37. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Not too sure about the "Be a good friend" thing due to the way she rolled out... But if you get a chance to tap that again....

BEAT IT UP.

Put in the performance of a lifetime. If anything, you might turn yourself into her 1AM lonely tipsy phone call.

Win.

38. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    and after you hit it, goto bed. and then pretend to be sleeping, and smack the hell out of her and be like..."oooh, im sorry....i was sleeping...did i hit you??? are you alright???? do you always bleed so much?! should i call an ambulance?!!!!:tantrum:"

well, maybe thats not such a good idea.

39. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    ok chris brown calm down.

Boik14, dolfan32323, fins4o8 and 2 others like this.
  40. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    whatever lendel white...

unluckyluciano likes this.