What Superstition of yours is helping Miami win?

65 replies

jupiterfinjupiterfinForum VeteranOP
Dec 22, 2008, 02:39 PM

I realized around week 11 that I hadn't had a haircut all season, and I really need one, yet I decided not to jinx the Phins by cutting off all of that good mojo, so here I sit with a full mop head, refusing to cut it till the season is completely over.

Then I started wondering what superstions my fellow Dolphin fans are sticking to, in order to keep the team winning. Lucky hats, same foods etc...

Whatever everybody has done, or hasn't done, keep doing it, we're almost there!

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Dec 22, 2008, 02:43 PM

I have to wear my 'Phins jersey...

The two games I didn't wear my jersey this year, we're 0-2...

I didn't get my jersey on until just before half-time of this last game and then look what happened... :lol:

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Dec 22, 2008, 02:44 PM

I cheer loudly during positive plays...sometimes I dont find myself cheering enough...I notice those are the weeks we lose.

So I always hope to cheer alot each week!


--sorry no superstitions for me--

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Dec 22, 2008, 02:49 PM

Been wearing the same under amour shirt and Ricky Jersey.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Dec 22, 2008, 03:32 PM

Not buying or receiving a Phins jersey. It's bad luck to do so (see Surtain, Madison, Chambers, Ricky I, Brian Griese, and Marino departures). Thank God for eBay or I wouldn't be able to unload all the ex-Dolphin jerseys. If anyone is not a fan of a particular player, please send me their jersey and they'll be gone the next year guaranteed (UoM fan offered to send me a discounted Ginn or Henne jersey, so watch out). Wearing it is fine though.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

CosmicCosmicNew Member
Dec 22, 2008, 03:35 PM

I wear the same hat every gameday, and sit on the same barstool every week.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Dec 22, 2008, 03:44 PM

Wearing this jersey that Joey Porter signed every Sunday and not washing it since the Denver game!

aesopaesopForum Veteran
Dec 22, 2008, 03:50 PM

I drink beer. When I didn't the first 2 weeks, we lost. But we still lost a few anyway when I drank.

Screw it, either way I get drunk for celebration or sorrow.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Dec 22, 2008, 04:15 PM

I had the same sig from the beginning of the season...

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Dec 22, 2008, 06:13 PM

Worn the rocking Dolphin Santa hat the last two games!:up:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

shula_guyshula_guyNew Member
Dec 22, 2008, 06:19 PM

Ill tell you mine in the off season. I have a superstion about talking about superstions.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat

xer0xer0New Member
Dec 22, 2008, 07:00 PM

I need to have my jersey (Aqua Ginn or White Ricky) and my hat on before the game. If we're losing at halftime I take the hat off...if we're winning I keep it on.

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2008, 07:03 PM

unfortunately, i cant wear ANY Dolphin gear when they play. but theres 6 other days of the week...so its not so bad.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Dec 22, 2008, 07:10 PM

Great thread.

I order a cheeseburger and onion rings around the 5:00 mark in the second quarter. I do it cause I'm hungry, but we haven't lost since I started the tradition.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

THThe DudeNew Member
Dec 22, 2008, 08:27 PM

I keep my remotes and phone on my left arm rest on my recliner, facing a certain side.

Im way supersticious.

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Dec 22, 2008, 08:42 PM

Excellent idea for a thread Jupiter.

For me, mine is pretty simple. I've found that wearing an old K-State shirt is actually a lucky charm. In the 9 games I've worn it, we are 9-0. In the 6 games I haven't, we are 1-5.

It's getting worn on Sunday, that's for sure.

TiP54TiP54New Member
Dec 22, 2008, 08:51 PM

This is true...so true. Weird, but true.
Not to "Dream" about the game. When i get too hyped up, like I read waaay to much stuff about upcoming game, I dream about it, and we lose. We dont always win when i dont dream..but when I have a dream (not just this season, in a looong time) We are like 0-12 we I dream of the game. Its sorta sad in a way..;/

FIfinbarrassedNew Member
Dec 22, 2008, 09:49 PM

my 2 newest dolphin hats are kept in the kitchen closet until game time, then i change hats during halftime.

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Dec 22, 2008, 10:01 PM

I don't wear a jersey on gameday when I have they are winless.

IdahophinIdahophinSupporter
Dec 22, 2008, 11:13 PM

"Sethdaddy8 wrote:

unfortunately, i cant wear ANY Dolphin gear when they play. but theres 6 other days of the week...so its not so bad.

Since I stopped wearing dolphin gear we are 8-1. I wear the same t-shirt during the game. After the game I wash the shirt and put it away until next game.

ASasciiNew Member
Dec 22, 2008, 11:18 PM

If the Dolphins win I dont shave, wash my jersey or wash my socks. So right now I'm a bearded stinky feet jersey wearing man. :up:

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Dec 22, 2008, 11:26 PM

I haven't had sex in 3 years. Its finally starting to work I think......

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Dec 23, 2008, 12:05 AM

They haven't lost when i'm working during the game. I have to pay attention to the game through horrible and undescriptive updates on a bad cell phone, but each time im working they win.

I was thinking about asking to not be scheduled to work on sunday this weekend, but to be honest, i think i should work...but i wanna watch it...

oh the decision!

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Dec 23, 2008, 01:14 AM

Like I said in another post. I wear a pair of '73 Dolphin socks and what ever color jersey their wearing. I wear the socks only on game day and I don't wash them after a win. (and no they don't stink):tongue2:
I light aqua & orange candles when I can actually watch the game.

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Dec 23, 2008, 01:27 AM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

I haven't had sex in 3 years. Its finally starting to work I think......

In order to truly count as a superstition, it has to be by your own choice, lucky... :tongue2:

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake