1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the Heck is On TV?

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by maynard, Dec 31, 2010.

1. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    My biggest problem is schedule swapping. When the networks learn to have a consistent schedule I might pay attention for longer than 3 weeks.

I end up watching mostly sports, cartoons and playing video games than watching shows.

NaboCane likes this.
  2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Anytime a primetime show is moved to Friday it's definitely troublesome. You tend to think the next step is being cancelled.

Modern Family is hilarious. I watch that regularly. I never miss House either. I'm behind on Californication, I'm finishing up season 3 on DVD right now. I agree that it's an excellent show. I still watch the Office regularly. I'm not sure how that's going to go after Steve Carrell leaves. It's hard to imagine the Office with no Michael Scott.

3. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    This is a huge problem and I don't understand why the networks don't see it.

It's like Fox, always putting sci-fi shows on the air, but then insisting on crushing them in the grist mill that is Friday night. How many shows with decent viewership and loyal followings have they ground to dust like that now?

Another destructive habit of the networks is debuting a new show, putting on a couple episodes in a row and then skipping weeks.

The Travel Channel is doing this with The Wild Within, a good show that debuted a few weeks ago, but they keep skipping weeks, running repeats of the same couple of episodes instead of new ones. How are you supposed to build a following like that? As soon as people discover the program, they end up watching something else in that time slot because the network is screwing around.

4. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i agree. reruns should be banished. i have lost a few shows because of what you describe. discovery did that with "brewmasters." i saw 2 episodes and left it.

by contrast, i love what USA does with burn notice. they run mini seasons of successive new episodes every 2-3 months and the repeats in between

Fin D likes this.
  5. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Another great example; 5 episodes, spread out over many weeks, and now nothing for weeks. I can't even find it in the tv guide online.

But I'll bet if it was set in Alaska, they'd find a place for it on the schedule. :shifty:

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    yup. i was getting into that show too. i simply have no clue what the deal with that show is. sorry discovery, im not going to fall into some trap of leaving your channel on 24 hours a day.