1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHat to do about Suh

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Suh’s contract, which paid out $60 million fully guaranteed over the first three years, has rolling guarantees in each of the next three. For 2018, his $16.985 million salary becomes fully guaranteed on March 18.

The Dolphins could trade the remainder of Suh’s deal, at three years and $54.375 million (an average of $18.125 million per year), taking a cap charge of $22.2 million but realizing a net cap gain of $3.9 million. They also could cut him as with a post-June 1 designation, dropping the 2018 cap hit to $5.1 million and pushing $17.1 million of dead money into 2019. (They’d still have to carry his full 2018 cap charge until June 2.)

The Dolphins could keep him at his 2018 cap number of $26.1 million, finding other ways to create cap space.

Whatever the Dolphins do, they need to do something. That something could include a cap-influenced decision to move on from Ndamukong Suh.

2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Well, your first option makes zero sense- I don't think we can't get rid of him AND have $22M on the books. Cutting him makes more sense short term but I still don't think the math works out in our favor. So I think the only real option is to keep him.

Suh is worth that $18M a year; we just can't afford it and our DE's/LB's don't take enough advantage of the attention Suh commands. That's not Suh's fault though...the guy definitely delivers.

Puka-head likes this.
  3. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
    If we don't keep Suh oue defense will be even worse, our bad Lb will be even more exposed, they will rework Cam Wake and Cut Timmons and Thomas and rework Tannehill that will create about 25million in Cap Space

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    My guess is a two year extension that lowers his cap hit this year and next year, and giving an out with a June 1st release in 2020.

invid likes this.