1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what will 2011 look like?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Jul 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    If there is a 2011 season, what changes will there be? People are almost positive there will be a 17 game season, possibly 18. That means there will be a 2nd bye week for each team, and a stretched out season in general, maybe starting the last week of August or very first week of September. [I wouldn't mind a stretched out season anyway even if it stays at 16 games, it seems so short]. It would also probably mean more players can be on a team.

There's also other possibilities, like college style overtime during regular season as well, and maybe one or two more playoff teams.

What do people think will happen?

2. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I like for them to once think about the fans and how much money is at hand. We the fans sooner or later won't be able to afford to watch the games. I'm one that is getting very close to say F- pro sports.

The league and the players really don't give a crap about the fans as long as they make their millions, they have to make that much in order to eat and feed their families.

I'm 45 and have watched pro sports since the early 70's, the money is just plain stupid, nobody needs that much, but as long as they squeeze every penny out of us, they will continue to do so.

Pretty soon, a lot of us just won't be able to afford this hobby. Hopefully they will finally do something for the fans.